K Niklas Sade

i read that he was looking for a school that would let him come in and kick in 2011. i dont think he is gonna redshirt, sounds like adi is doing the kicking this season....

Scout quoted Niklas saying he would redshirt...

o attend the Huskers’ kicking camp.Raleigh, N.C. kicker Niklas Sade - considered one of the nation’s best high school all-around kicking talents - wanted to play for a school that would need a kicker in 2011. Nebraska fit the bill. Defensive ends coach John Papuchis extended to Sade an invitation

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/06/30/4c2bcc262f398

That doesn't change the BRR article that quoted him......

I'll tell u what, this kid might want to come in wearing a horse shoe around his neck. Having to replace Henery and being the 13th commit, lets hope this isn't an ominous sign!

Rated as a :star:star:star:star:star

5 star link

For whatever its worth Sade made all 37 PATs last season, 6/8 for field goals and is pretty accurate inside the 40. He made a 57 yard field goal at Nebraska's kicking camp

I'll tell u what, this kid might want to come in wearing a horse shoe around his neck. Having to replace Henery and being the 13th commit, lets hope this isn't an ominous sign!

For whatever its worth Sade made all 37 PATs last season, 6/8 for field goals and is pretty accurate inside the 40. He made a 57 yard field goal at Nebraska's kicking camp

that's a good distance :thumbs

that's a good distance :thumbs

dams i need to train my kid to be a kicker... or hell i should have been... in my younger days when ( 185 6'1) but now i'm 210

5 star link

I think the #2 is the more key rating, but keep in mind it's just from one guy and it seems like he's personally worked with these guys. His ratings sound more like recommendations - which is fair enough, but it's not the same as a (objective, if money-minded and less informed) Rivals rating.

Also, 5 star means "Division 1 Prospect", 4 star means "Division 2 prospect", and 3 star means "Division 3 Prospect." So it's not the same star system we are used to...

Nice get, I know Bo like having kickers walk-on then earn the schollie but if you can get a guy considered one of the elite few in the country you throw an offer out there.

Info taken from Husker Extra article:

He had one other scholarship offer, from North Carolina State. He said he was receiving interest from Maryland, North Carolina and Harvard. He carries a 4.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale at Wakefield High in Raleigh, which competes in the state’s largest class.

Impressive GPA too. Great job by this staff again to get him here and get him on board. This class is going to be one of the best of all time in my opinion.

Will be interested to see what stars are given here. Rivals/Scount should give him at least 4 stars since he is rated the no. 2 kicker in the country. 57 yarder in camp as a high school senior is very impressive.

The 4 star recruits are starting to pile up.

Will be interested to see what stars are given here. Rivals/Scount should give him at least 4 stars since he is rated the no. 2 kicker in the country. 57 yarder in camp as a high school senior is very impressive.

The 4 star recruits are starting to pile up.

Rivals hasn't ranked a kicker higher than 3 stars since 2002. He'll almost certainly not be a 4* on their board.

You might also remember a couple of their 3* recruits - 2003 #12 David Dyches, 2005 #1 Jordon Congdon. Those didn't exactly pan out for us.

does Bo scholly his kickers??

Doesn't seem as though he has any problem w/ a scholarship kicker - I guess we have 2 on the team now.

2007 - Offered Erik Folk (might have been a Billy Cal. offer?)

2008 - Offered Jeff Locke

2009 & 2010 - The Henery/Kunalic golden years - who needs a kicker?

2011 - Offered Niklas Sade & Andre Heidari

i read that he was looking for a school that would let him come in and kick in 2011. i dont think he is gonna redshirt, sounds like adi is doing the kicking this season....

Scout quoted Niklas saying he would redshirt...

o attend the Huskers’ kicking camp.Raleigh, N.C. kicker Niklas Sade - considered one of the nation’s best high school all-around kicking talents - wanted to play for a school that would need a kicker in 2011. Nebraska fit the bill. Defensive ends coach John Papuchis extended to Sade an invitation

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/06/30/4c2bcc262f398

That doesn't change the BRR article that quoted him......

just like what the BRR "quoted" him as saying doesnt change what the nebraska state paper reported..........

just like what the BRR "quoted" him as saying doesnt change what the nebraska state paper reported..........

Ok, so we have conflicting reports.. personally, I will take little from either one of them, but more from one that quoted him yesterday, rather than a report drawing conclusions based on what Niklas has said previously.

Also, does this really matter?