K Niklas Sade

NU has two stud RB's in for visits. I would rather build up the RB's then have this kicker. We need skill players like RB's.

NU can find a kicker as a walk-on. Could have 4 RB's in this class.

4 RB's in this class would mean AT LEAST 2 of them probably never contribute and/or transfer. At least w/ this kicker we would have almost guarenteed that the scholarship would have been used by a contributer. What's better, to give the scholarship to a kicker today that starts, or to give the scholarship to a RB that transfers in 2 years opening up a scholarship to give to a walk-on kicker? If it's going to a kicker eventually anyway...might at well just give it to someone like this kid from the start. Better shot of him succeeding than us pickup someone up off the street again.

NU has two stud RB's in for visits. I would rather build up the RB's then have this kicker. We need skill players like RB's.

4 RB's in this class would mean AT LEAST 2 of them probably never contribute and/or transfer. At least w/ this kicker we would have almost guarenteed that the scholarship would have been used by a contributer. What's better, to give the scholarship to a kicker today that starts, or to give the scholarship to a RB that transfers in 2 years opening up a scholarship to give to a walk-on kicker? If it's going to a kicker eventually anyway...might at well just give it to someone like this kid from the start. Better shot of him succeeding than us pickup someone up off the street again.

or end up a DB which people think might happen with Abdulah and/or Creer.

works sometimes - but ask Mendoza how all those position changes went for him. Usually at least a year of eligibility is lost. I guess I'm not sold on these back - I see us having 2 great RB's right now. If we take 4 we are dropping down that list pretty far to a point where the success rate is lower. Not only that, but we are further discouraging high profile backs next year and the following year from signing because it will look as though the depth chart is fairly clogged.

works sometimes - but ask Mendoza how all those position changes went for him. Usually at least a year of eligibility is lost. I guess I'm not sold on these back - I see us having 2 great RB's right now. If we take 4 we are dropping down that list pretty far to a point where the success rate is lower. Not only that, but we are further discouraging high profile backs next year and the following year from signing because it will look as though the depth chart is fairly clogged.

you gave 1 example of it not working out..I'll give you one where it did. Prince Amukamara. In the end, we aren't going to get both of these kids..and if we do, they both won't play RB. Don't be so negative all the time KC!

you gave 1 example of it not working out..I'll give you one where it did. Prince Amukamara. In the end, we aren't going to get both of these kids..and if we do, they both won't play RB. Don't be so negative all the time KC!

haha - I figured you'd throw out Cody Glenn. :) I'm not trying to be negative - I just see a few holes in this recruiting class that could be filled by "maybe" not recruiting 4 RBs. Wasn't there a thread not long ago wondering if we'd sign 2? Now 4?