Potential Sites for Big 10 Championship Game

"This is not SEC football," he told the paper. "This is Big Ten football. The weather is part of the game."

Man, are we in the right conference or what?

Well, two problems with that statement. First, who wants to be out in 40 degree weather for a football game, yet alone 0. Give me a dome. Second, the shot at the SEC is kinda lame. Not SEC football? Well yeah, the Big 10 doesn't have the last 4 National Champions.

On a side note, I do hope the Big 10 starts winning NCs...but only if the Huskers are the ones winning them.

Plus I wasn't really impressed with what I saw of Chicago when I went there.

You're dead to me now. :o:(:cry

:lol:

You obviously didn't do the city the right way. Let me give you some pointers the next time you head this way. If you don't like it then....well I can write the next words here. Ha!

You're probably right. It's really the only city I haven't liked, and I've been all over the continent. I did have my first Whitecastle experience in Chicago though, which was just magical. Mmmmm... I'm hungry now

Oh come on man! White Castle is what you recall about the city....were you stuck on the south side or burbs? Did you eat pizza, go to the beach, drink, Mag Mile, museums, drink, drink, drink?

I honestly have never once met someone that doesn't love Chicago. Best decision I ever made was moving here.

Sorry for hijacking this thread....

South Side :lol:

Leave it to the Packers to glom on to Chicago's good ideas. The cheeseheads have such Chicago envy....

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Green Bay Packers are interested in hosting a potential Big Ten conference championship game at Lambeau Field.

A team spokesman said the Packers have made preliminary contact with Big Ten officials to request information on hosting a new conference championship game, which will become possible after Nebraska leaves the Big 12 for the Big Ten in 2011.

Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy indicated the team's interest in hosting the Big Ten title game in an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday.

Facing a recent dip in locally generated revenue, the Packers are looking for more ways to grow business. The team also may expand Lambeau Field's capacity.

LINK