Nexus

Player: Ray Drew

Hometown: Thomasville, GA

School: Thomas County Central HS

Position: DE

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 243

40 time:

Scholarships: Alabama, Auburn, California, Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Florida, Florida St., Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi St., Nebraska, New Mexico St., North Carolina, North Carolina St., Notre Dame, Ohio St., Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, USC

Committed to Georgia

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#2)

Scout: :star :star :star :star :star (#6)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star :star (#2)

What are the Rivals updates saying? I can't imagine we have that great of a shot with this kid but that'd be nice.

He's looking at some schools and Nebraska is one of them. He does know about Ndamukong Suh being up for the Heisman last year but wants to learn more about Nebraska. He has no favorites at this point and might be taking a visit at Nebraska in the future

Whatever school he goes to has to have a great graduation APR rate, fan support, tradition, coach/player relationship among others as well.

• Fire 1

What are the Rivals updates saying? I can't imagine we have that great of a shot with this kid but that'd be nice.

He's looking at some schools and Nebraska is one of them. He does know about Ndamukong Suh being up for the Heisman last year but wants to learn more about Nebraska. He has no favorites at this point and might be taking a visit at Nebraska in the future

Whatever school he goes to has to have a great graduation APR rate, fan support, tradition, coach/player relationship among others as well.

Graduation APR rate - ours is pretty good, not tops, but academic tradition is good

Fan support - do I need to address this?

Tradition - See fan support.

Coach/Player relationship - have him talk to our current players, or just talk to our coaches and he will see that is a priority for us.

So I guess he is a lock then...

These are the Top 10 winningest D1 football programs in order:

Michigan

Texas

Notre Dame

Nebraska

Ohio State

Penn State

Oklahoma

Alabama

Tennessee

USC

These are their football graduation rates as of 2010 in order from best to worst:

Notre Dame - 96%

Penn State - 85%

Nebraska - 72%

Michigan - 71%

Alabama - 67%

Ohio State - 62%

USC - 58%

Tennessee - 52%

Texas - 49%

Oklahoma - 45%

2010 Athletic Graduation Rates

• Fire 1

He has been a licensed Minister since the 8th grade and being a Christian that will be a factor when choosing a school if they have some sort of Christain basis. If its not Christain he'll be ok with as long the Lord is involved,

This might be a stretch but someone mentioned a few posts up that Aaron Green mentioned Ray Drew on his Facebook page? Now that you've mentioned this about his religious upbringing, perhaps the connection between Aaron and Ray is church-related? Needless to say, Ray would get along just fine with Coach Brown, especially since Coach Brown has his own ministry.

Hopefully he gives us a hard look. Since JP is recruiting him I hope Coach Brown gets involved with this one as well? It surely couldn't hurt.

• 1 month later...