DE Ray Drew

Nexus

This is pure speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt, but according to this new article on Huskers.com, Ron Brown was fresh off the plane from Georgia on a recruiting trip. According to both Rivals and Scout we've offered 3 kids from Georgia; Vincent Dallas, Gabe Wright and Ray Drew. If I had to guess, I'd say Coach Brown was in GA meeting with Ray Drew, even though Coach JP is listed as Mr. Drew's recruiter. Maybe JP went with him? Whatever the case may be, it makes sense that Coach Brown could be involved in Mr. Drew's recruiting since both are Ministers by profession. If you haven't already you can youtube Ray Drew and see him in action with his Ministry. In one of those video clips he mentions John Blake from UNC as being a Minister as well and that he really liked him, but since Coach Blake is no longer at UNC because of the current NFL-related agent scandals, it looks like they might be out of the picture for Mr. Drew's services. ENTER: Ron Brown and Nebraska.

• Fire 2

This is pure speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt, but according to this new article on Huskers.com, Ron Brown was fresh off the plane from Georgia on a recruiting trip. According to both Rivals and Scout we've offered 3 kids from Georgia; Vincent Dallas, Gabe Wright and Ray Drew. If I had to guess, I'd say Coach Brown was in GA meeting with Ray Drew, even though Coach JP is listed as Mr. Drew's recruiter. Maybe JP went with him? Whatever the case may be, it makes sense that Coach Brown could be involved in Mr. Drew's recruiting since both are Ministers by profession. If you haven't already you can youtube Ray Drew and see him in action with his Ministry. In one of those video clips he mentions John Blake from UNC as being a Minister as well and that he really liked him, but since Coach Blake is no longer at UNC because of the current NFL-related agent scandals, it looks like they might be out of the picture for Mr. Drew's services. ENTER: Ron Brown and Nebraska.

+1

Every year it seems as though Ron Brown only has a few kids that he keys in on, and ultimatly gets in the end. He, in my opinion, is one of our best recruiters next to Coach Beck and Coach JP.

Damn you Nexus as much as I want to just give Ray the passing nod as a pipe dream you come up with some promissing news that increases my invested interest in the kid. Without a doubt we may have a killer duo leading the recruitment and our closer just needs to pop in a tape of all the success he's had with Dlinemen at OU, LSU and here. What more of a closing pitch should a top defensive recruit need?

Every year it seems as though Ron Brown only has a few kids that he keys in on, and ultimatly gets in the end. He, in my opinion, is one of our best recruiters next to Coach Beck and Coach JP.

i think as being a strong christian he focuses very heavily on very specific personal relationships and hence does not feel he can honestly give his all if he became one of those excellent 'mass recruiters' guys like JP...nothing wrong with this but he is very specialized in his approach and hence so much be the kids he are recruiting.. i think this can be a great thing but also a bad thing because the scoop of the kids he can go after..... overall RB is the bomb

• 4 weeks later...