MU's Gabbert and Washington comments on Nebraska

Link please. I'd like to read Gabbert's full comment on the rain.

I was at the game and I still can't get over that rain. That doesn't mean I lay the blame on it for the loss. I blame Yost/Pinkle for contiuning to call pass plays with an injured QB in the fourth quarter. I blame Suh. I blame Ressel for missing his only FG of the year. I mean if you can't make a field goal in torrential rain with the most dominant DT coming after you.....you don't deserve to play at this level. I'm just say'n.

Can't wait for Oct 30th.

Posted by Chip Brown(noser) on Twitter, no transcript yet.

I agree that Mizzou will not score easily, but I'm not sure about Gabbert being harrased that often. MU returns the core of an O-line that only gave up 19 sacks on 445 attempts. I know the talk is that your D-line will have little drop off from last year, but call me skeptical.

The interior D line, yes, but I think the D line as a whole should almost as good, if not equally good. Nebraska's pass rush will be it's best and deepest in years. The line should be playing more traditionally, collapsing the pocket from the ends rather than from the interior. And last year barely scratched the surface of what we can do with blitzes.

^Mizzou will not have an easy time scoring, and Gabbert will be harassed often. I expect Nebraska to win by a somewhat comfortable margin.

You know why they won't have an easy time scoring? Because they won't have homer refs who award Gabbert touchdowns that he is actually short of the goal line on and we won't give up a safety. Mizzou scores 3 points.

^Mizzou will not have an easy time scoring, and Gabbert will be harassed often. I expect Nebraska to win by a somewhat comfortable margin.

You know why they won't have an easy time scoring? Because they won't have homer refs who award Gabbert touchdowns that he is actually short of the goal line on and we won't give up a safety. Mizzou scores 3 points.

I'm not sure I see that happening with our D (likely) taking a step back and their offense (likely) taking a step forward, but I'll drink to it!!

:koolaid2:

Missouri will be good. We had to play in that rainstorm, too, but let's be realistic. There are teams that can perform through that kind of weather better than other teams. Missouri deserved to lose if it couldn't handle the rain as well as we could, but that doesn't mean we'd have won the next day in sunshine. Doesn't mean we couldn't have either.

We'll find out some this year. Basically, last year's game proves nothing. This would be true whether there was rain or not, mind you. But I think we are forgetting how good Mizzou is going to be this year. Nonetheless, I hope we give Gabbert the Josh Freeman treatment. He can beat OU or Texas if he wants, as long as we still get to kick his team's behind.

haha they are gonna hate us even more after they get stomped this year... I love it when we go against our ex commits..Gabbert is gonna know that he made the wrong decision after his team gets blown out this year.

I agree that Mizzou will not score easily, but I'm not sure about Gabbert being harrased that often. MU returns the core of an O-line that only gave up 19 sacks on 445 attempts. I know the talk is that your D-line will have little drop off from last year, but call me skeptical.

Well yes Suh is gone so there will be somewhat of a dropoff, but I believe that Crick and Steinkuhler will be very successful in causing problems for your line. Also not to mention the very talented hard working ends in Meredith and Allen. Idk I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet that we have a solid gameplan of rushing Gabbert and messing up the Tigers offensive timing. Should be a good one, hopefully has the bell for good after this game!

Maybe they are upset about a 24 year Nebraska winning streak from 1979–2002, 5 National Championships, Tom Osborne, 46 conf championships, over 800 lifetime wins, 3 heisman winners or that we can play in the rain. Who knows, who cares it's missery.

LOL or that...^

Don't forget about Shevin Wiggins' foot...

Maybe they are upset about a 24 year Nebraska winning streak from 1979–2002, 5 National Championships, Tom Osborne, 46 conf championships, over 800 lifetime wins, 3 heisman winners or that we can play in the rain. Who knows, who cares it's missery.

LOL or that...^

Don't forget about Shevin Wiggins' foot...

Or Eric Crouch juking out all eleven defenders on one play.

Gabbert can't get over the rain from the NU game, and that MU has "chip on shoulder" for NU in 10.

Washington was quoted as saying he hates Nebraska.

This could grow to be a fun one this year bigredn.png

Gabbert: NU could destroy you in the Atacama Desert. Evidence suggests that parts of it hasn't seen rain in over 440 years, which is about 1/20th of the time it will take your Missery to get to sniff a national championship game.

Washington: Take a number, there's a long line, and you're not original, and you're not that good. Here's to you taking another step backwards statistically again this year, and that part on your twitter about you winning a Big 12 championship and national championship was hilarious.

• Fire 2

Hey folks, long-time lurker, first-time poster...

I think Missouri is going to be a good team this year, and I think they'll be a tough test for Nebraska. I don't really care that they're targeting Nebraska - that's how it's always been.

However, I do get tired of hearing about how Missouri doesn't get the respect they deserve, or that Nebraska is overrated in their eyes. And the reason is that the last time we saw these teams play...:

Nebraska 33 - Arizona 0

Navy 35 - Missouri 13