MU's Gabbert and Washington comments on Nebraska

Hey folks, long-time lurker, first-time poster...

I think Missouri is going to be a good team this year, and I think they'll be a tough test for Nebraska. I don't really care that they're targeting Nebraska - that's how it's always been.

However, I do get tired of hearing about how Missouri doesn't get the respect they deserve, or that Nebraska is overrated in their eyes. And the reason is that the last time we saw these teams play...:

Nebraska 33 - Arizona 0

Navy 35 - Missouri 13

That game was really bad... watching missouri get torn up like that againt the midshipmen brought tears of joy to my eyes lol!

:yeah who is washington??? relative to george :box

GBR

If MU shows that they can run the ball this year they're going to be a handful. I still think we win by no more than 10 with Gomes and Dennard getting 1 pick each.

As someone else mentioned, Pinkel gave the game away last year by refusing to run the ball, especially with an injured QB. He suffers from the same coaching deficiency that Callahan has in that he doesn't modify game plans as the game progresses. He's also not that great of a big game coach. Look no further than their bowl game last year for proof.

Maybe they are upset about a 24 year Nebraska winning streak from 1979–2002, 5 National Championships, Tom Osborne, 46 conf championships, over 800 lifetime wins, 3 heisman winners or that we can play in the rain. Who knows, who cares it's missery.

LOL or that...^

Don't forget about Shevin Wiggins' foot...

Or Eric Crouch juking out all eleven defenders on one play.

It was 15, I counted

GBR

If MU shows that they can run the ball this year they're going to be a handful. I still think we win by no more than 10 with Gomes and Dennard getting 1 pick each.

As someone else mentioned, Pinkel gave the game away last year by refusing to run the ball, especially with an injured QB. He suffers from the same coaching deficiency that Callahan has in that he doesn't modify game plans as the game progresses. He's also not that great of a big game coach. Look no further than their bowl game last year for proof.

It's not just that he isn't willing to modify as the game progresses. He's unwilling to modify even the day of. Once the game plan is written that's it. How else can you explain us throwing the ball 43 times in that game? It had been raining most of the day and everyone knew the skies were going to really open up by kick off. I like GP, but he isn't much of a gameday coach.

GBR

It's not just that he isn't willing to modify as the game progresses. He's unwilling to modify even the day of. Once the game plan is written that's it. How else can you explain us throwing the ball 43 times in that game? It had been raining most of the day and everyone knew the skies were going to really open up by kick off. I like GP, but he isn't much of a gameday coach.

ha...the pinkel factor

Washington, to me, is just another Tony Temple. Anyone remember him? If you don't, I don't blame you. He was suppose to be the biggest thing to happen to missouri's run game and he didn't amount to much more than a mid level player. Gabbert? Why does he get all that love? Still hasn't proven anything great to me.

Gabbert? Why does he get all that love? Still hasn't proven anything great to me.

Gabbert was "more" injured than Zac Lee all last year, yet played in pretty much every game and put up some really good numbers. Gabbert has more than proven himself, and he's going to be a handful this time around. I have a lot of respect for his abilities on the field.

Gabbert? Why does he get all that love? Still hasn't proven anything great to me.

Gabbert was "more" injured than Zac Lee all last year, yet played in pretty much every game and put up some really good numbers. Gabbert has more than proven himself, and he's going to be a handful this time around. I have a lot of respect for his abilities on the field.

:yeah Totally agree. To me, Gabbert deserves all the hype he's getting and maybe more

:yeah Totally agree. To me, Gabbert deserves all the hype he's getting and maybe more

Gabbert's injury limited his mobility, not his throwing arm. But yes - he is an outstanding QB.

yeah.gif Totally agree. To me, Gabbert deserves all the hype he's getting and maybe more

Gabbert's injury limited his mobility, not his throwing arm. But yes - he is an outstanding QB.

An ankle injury definitely impacts your ability to throw the ball, it impacts your footwork and ability to plant before you throw. Considering a right handed quartback pushes off his right foot (the one Gabbert injured) you can most certainly say that it lessened his accuracy and throwing strength. Add to that a reduced ability to move in the pocket and the ankle had a huge impact on Blaine. But that said, Blaine is still extremely injury prone, he missed a significant chunk of his senior year due to injury and then was injured most of last year. He needs to prove he can stay healthy before he's mentioned as a top 5 QB in FBS, but he's pretty darn close as is.

I agree that Mizzou will not score easily, but I'm not sure about Gabbert being harrased that often. MU returns the core of an O-line that only gave up 19 sacks on 445 attempts. I know the talk is that your D-line will have little drop off from last year, but call me skeptical.

Well, don't forget about the defensive ends, Pierre Allen is more than serviceable, and Cameron Meredith had a pretty good season as a freshman last year. I just hope Ankrah and Josh Williams can provide some depth.