Christian Athletes

I wouldn't want to live in a world where god is the deciding factor, or has any level of influence at all. If I were still playing sports at the age that I am now, I would want my hard

I whole-heartedly disagree. I have more faith in my God than I do in humans. We are so flawed. I hope that there is something better for me once this life is over.

• 2 weeks later...

But I've never understood why athletes are so adamant on pushing God into sports.

It's not just about sports. Why do people who are so hung up in their religion and/or beliefs feel the need to push them onto others? Believe whatever you want to believe and do whatever you want to do as long as it doesn't affect me, but don't start blowing your cultish smoke up my rear end. Some of these sheep who constantly try to suck others into their gig are pathetic. It's not much of a stretch to call organized religion a publicly accepted cult.

But I've never understood why athletes are so adamant on pushing God into sports.

It's not just about sports. Why do people who are so hung up in their religion and/or beliefs feel the need to push them onto others? Believe whatever you want to believe and do whatever you want to do as long as it doesn't affect me, but don't start blowing your cultish smoke up my rear end. Some of these sheep who constantly try to suck others into their gig are pathetic. It's not much of a stretch to call organized religion a publicly accepted cult.

Where are you going, what are you doing, who are you seeing where you're being forced into a cult? I must be missing this.

Dammit!!! Did I miss The Annual God Squad Skeet Shoot and Non-believer Roundup again this year?

Most religions want the followers to (respectfully) pass on their word and to try to convert non-believers. I don't think that is what Christian athletes do, they just publicly express their belief/thanks in their God. What's the big deal?

Dammit!!! Did I miss The Annual God Squad Skeet Shoot and Non-believer Roundup again this year?

No worries, the ride never stops.

No worries, the ride never stops.

That works both ways, you know.

Simple explanation, religions in general hold the belief that their religion is the most valuable thing that man can possess, and they typically believe that their God or God's have a never ending supply of that "gift". So why would someone who believes in that not want to share it with others?

If I had a source with an endless supply of money, that could never run out, would you not want me to share it with you?

Now it's up to you if you value money or religion or even believe what someone is presenting.