BCS National Championship Odds and Predictions

Doc's Sports (docsports.com) lists us as a "Top Contender" for the BCS championship this year.

:restore:throwdabones1::koolaid2:

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time taking this guy seriously. I like the hype, but after reading his analysis I think he may have only watched sun belt games and maybe the bowl game. Here's an excerpt:

"They lost the nation’s best defensive player, but the D is deep, physical and experienced. And offensively they have one of the league’s best quarterbacks to go along with nine returning starters." :facepalm:

Who knows maybe this guy knows something the rest of us don't. :dunno Let's hope somehow he's right! :thumbs

Read the rest here

My favorite part:

Texas (+1000) – The Longhorns had their shot last year. They lost. They definitely aren’t better off this season without Colt McCoy (and many others). The team that lost in the title game has made a return trip twice in the last six seasons. But both of those other programs (Oklahoma in 2003 and Ohio State in 2007) lost again. I think OU is better than Texas and I think that Nebraska is better than Texas in the Big 12 this year. And with question marks all over the offense I don’t take this team seriously as a threat.

My favorite part:

Texas (+1000) – The Longhorns had their shot last year. They lost. They definitely aren’t better off this season without Colt McCoy (and many others). The team that lost in the title game has made a return trip twice in the last six seasons. But both of those other programs (Oklahoma in 2003 and Ohio State in 2007) lost again. I think OU is better than Texas and I think that Nebraska is better than Texas in the Big 12 this year. And with question marks all over the offense I don’t take this team seriously as a threat.

My favorite part as well :)

Anyone know for sure how much of this stuff is done via actual intelligent assessment versus manipulating the line? I'm not speaking of this guy specifically, but as a general question about gambling odds.

The opening line shortly after the MNC game last year had us somewhere between 3rd and 5th... that was the "intelligent assessment" on that part.. everything else from there on out is just line manipulation up until the season starts... then of course injuries n wins/losses will affect it..

• Fire 1

Doc's Sports (docsports.com) lists us as a "Top Contender" for the BCS championship this year.

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time taking this guy seriously. I like the hype, but after reading his analysis I think he may have only watched sun belt games and maybe the bowl game. Here's an excerpt:

"They lost the nation’s best defensive player, but the D is deep, physical and experienced. And offensively they have one of the league’s best quarterbacks to go along with nine returning starters." :facepalm:

Who knows maybe this guy knows something the rest of us don't. :dunno Let's hope somehow he's right! :thumbs

Read the rest here

He is right! Unfortunately, he is a true freshman and won't be playing this season. :cowbell:

Read the rest here

He is right! Unfortunately, he is a true freshman and won't be playing this season. :cowbell:

carnes? wouldn't put him up there just yet