Suh's holdout

zoogs

Well, for a humble kid who said from day 1 he adamantly wanted to be in camp on time, I sure hope this does not last.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100731/OPINION03/7310406/1126/Ndamukong-Suh-s-contract-impasse-had-better-not-last

There's a rumor floating around that he wants more money than Sam Bradford but I'm gonna dismiss that as pure speculation. Considering I saw it on Bleacher Report, I'm not even sure calling it a 'lie' would do it justice.

But this is a situation to follow...particularly after it sounded like he was gonna sign on time as recently as this morning.

I'd bet his agent has something to do with this too. Same thing with Tebow here in Denver. 'Tebow' wanted more money than the guy who was picked ahead of him. Tebow signed, (ughhh-I was hoping for a hold out). Suh will too. Let's not past judgement. Suh is still a good person.

Yeah - hope nobody gets me wrong, I am definitely not passing judgment and am in 'wait and see' just as the rest of you guys are. I'm not real stoked that his agent is the same guy who represented Crabtree though...sometimes players can get really bad advice...but hard to tell what is from the player and what is from the agent.

People put to much blame on the agent. The agent works for the client. If the client doesnt like what going on he can be replaced. I hope people dont pass judgement on Suh. He did all the right things in college. In the NFL it is a business. You have to get your while you can get it. Look what the Pats are doing to Tom Brady.

I think Jason Peter did a good job discussing the whole top 10 signing issue in Hero of the Underground. They have to clear cap room to get the big man paid. They can't clear it until some of the people trying to make the team get cut. It's not that he doesn't want to be out there with his team mates, he just can't yet. If I'm wrong on this topic and he is holding out for more money then sorry. Just thought this situation sounded familiar.

On a side note, sure quarterbacks have a more glamorous and important job and in theory should be paid more money. But D-line have a statistically shorter life span in the NFL. I say Suh should go for as much as he can.

I will now surgically remove my lips from his arse.

I think Jason Peter did a good job discussing the whole top 10 signing issue in Hero of the Underground. They have to clear cap room to get the big man paid. They can't clear it until some of the people trying to make the team get cut. It's not that he doesn't want to be out there with his team mates, he just can't yet. If I'm wrong on this topic and he is holding out for more money then sorry. Just thought this situation sounded familiar.

On a side note, sure quarterbacks have a more glamorous and important job and in theory should be paid more money. But D-line have a statistically shorter life span in the NFL. I say Suh should go for as much as he can.

I will now surgically remove my lips from his arse.

That's a great point, although the NFL is currently in an uncapped year. Agree on the shorter lifespan of the DL, so I can get it from Suh's perspective. We'll see him sign a deal by tomorrow, I hope. Missing time is not worth the apparently miniscule differences that have to be made up. Unless they aren't so miniscule.

It's all part of the game that the agents and teams play. Lowball offer #1, highball counteroffer, blah blah blah. You'd have to pay me $40 mil to live in that sh!thole too! I'd actually want to get traded to any place besides that dump. Let's be real here, it's the worst place in the entire US. I can only imagine the F bombs that were flying when he found out he was going to Detroit.

Without knowing what's going on behind closed doors it's hard to place blame. Maybe Detroit is offering him contracts well below market value . . . we have no way of knowing. In the end Suh will be rich and Detroit will have a great player. Unfortunately, this is the way professional sports go. Just one more reason why I am completely uninterested in sports outside of college.

Without knowing what's going on behind closed doors it's hard to place blame. Maybe Detroit is offering him contracts well below market value . . . we have no way of knowing. In the end Suh will be rich and Detroit will have a great player. Unfortunately, this is the way professional sports go. Just one more reason why I am completely uninterested in sports outside of college.

Ya whatever happened to just getting a million and being happy. I wish I had a million dollars right now...I'd be happy with that and I know I'm not the only one

Personally I think their should be a rookie pay scale wage in the NFL. It bugs me that players get signed for millions upon millions, yet havent even played a down in the NFL.

:yeah agree, if i were a vet in the NFL and a rookie comes in, unproven and get gaurenteed millions more then I, id be pissed.

Rooks should prove themselves first.