Suh's holdout

zoogs

I would really like for there to be a really good explanation for this holdout.

I don't think there is one... I think this is the ultra-competitive, stubborn, proud side of Suh. I think that he thinks (with good reason) that he was the best player in the draft, and he knows the Lions think so (because they said as much), and he wants them to show him every ounce of respect that he deserves.

While people may see that side of Suh as a flaw, it's also what makes him great.

Right now though, I'm with Raiola. If they're offering him 40 million or more, just sign the deal and go out and try to make your team better.

Suh's definitely losing the battle in the press. Not only has the head coach expressed impatience, but former Husker and current Lions center Dominic Raiola just called him out.

"Just sign the contract already"

If players, coaches and fans keep getting ticked, Suh better just sign. If he looks bad and the organization looks good, he's not going to get more money, he might actually get less.

I dont want to hate on Suh, but Raiola is right.

I really don't understand. Did Raiola solicit advice from Suh on the terms and conditions of Raiola's contract?

It's all part of the game that the agents and teams play. Lowball offer #1, highball counteroffer, blah blah blah. You'd have to pay me $40 mil to live in that sh!thole too! I'd actually want to get traded to any place besides that dump. Let's be real here, it's the worst place in the entire US. I can only imagine the F bombs that were flying when he found out he was going to Detroit.

Tell us how you really feel.

What part don't you agree with? It's the butthole of the US.

I guess it depends on your perspective. From my perspective, I could easily say that living in the middle of an endless cornfield is the "butthole of the US."

I'm also assuming that since you're so sure of this you have been you Detroit.

I guess it depends on your perspective. From my perspective, I could easily say that living in the middle of an endless cornfield is the "butthole of the US."

Welcome to the Board. I see you've met WCHusker, who is pretty cool but doesn't hide his opinions. Like most of us, I guess.

Don't be a stranger. Good luck to Michigan this year. :thumbs

It's all part of the game that the agents and teams play. Lowball offer #1, highball counteroffer, blah blah blah. You'd have to pay me $40 mil to live in that sh!thole too! I'd actually want to get traded to any place besides that dump. Let's be real here, it's the worst place in the entire US. I can only imagine the F bombs that were flying when he found out he was going to Detroit.

I've been to several of the large cities across the U.S. I'd be more inclined to call Chicago the butthole of the U.S. before ever mentioning Detroit, but to each their own I guess.

You could say that, but at least this endless cornfield doesn't have 15% unemployment.

knapp, you PUNCHED him in the shoulder??! And you're alive! ... no wonder you didn't get a bump back...

I didn't punch him very hard. :)

Seriously - I'm a big guy, like Div-II Offensive Lineman size, and he dwarfed me. I have new-found respect for any QB who got hit by that man and played the rest of the game. Colt McCoy? That's one tough hombre. I don't have to like him, but I respect that he didn't get "injured" around halftime of that game. Just walking past the guy is intimidating.

You could say that, but at least this endless cornfield doesn't have 15% unemployment.

Oooh! Economic pwnage!