Suh's holdout

zoogs

http://www.freep.com/article/20100805/COL08/8050343/1001/News/Ndamukong-Suhs-contract-first-rate-will-his-play-back-it-up

Not only the agent but Suh too.

Suh insisted he was actively involved in the discussions with his agents, Eugene Parker and former Lions’ linebacker Roosevelt Barnes. He said that he wanted the shorter deal because he’s already looking forward to the day of his next contract negotiation.

“He wanted to come here, play well and have an opportunity to get back to the (negotiating) table as quickly as possible,” said Barnes regarding when Suh could become a free agent.

But doesn’t a five-year contract also accelerate the timetable for Suh forcing the Lions into tearing up this contract in another three years if he’s truly the impact player he believes?

“Yeah…,” Barnes mused with glee. “That’s a good point.”

I see how that rubs people the wrong way but I'm glad Suh got the 5 year deal. I think it's better for him. A lot of money and a shorter deal. 6 years is a freaking long time, you know? And doesn't it sort of protect the organization if he's a huge bust? Accelerates the time table.

On a good note, Suh passed the same test Haynesworth has failed several times now. That's our boy.

Looks like he showed up today:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/08/photo_gallery_ndamukong_suh_ge.html

ALLEN PARK — Ever since the Detroit Lions took Ndamukong Suh with No. 2 overall pick in April's NFL draft, fans have been anxious to see what the defensive tackle can do.

Sure, there was a glimpse of him at rookie minicamp, OTAs and then mandatory minicamp, but it's just not the same as real training camp – y'know, the one featuring two-a-days under August's hot sun and treacherous, dripping humidity.

So, after a four-day holdout that caused Suh to miss seven practices, fans – and Lions players as well – finally got to see their high-profile teammate back in action at the afternoon session of Wednesday's two-a-day practice.

Despite the missed time, Suh ran with the first team and said afterward that he wasn't overwhelmed by much, though he did say he'd have to readjust to running around in his helmet and pads.

For their part, the rest of the defensive linemen were very welcoming toward the rookie. There didn't appear to be any resentment over the massive contract Suh signed.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100805/COL08/8050343/1001/News/Ndamukong-Suhs-contract-first-rate-will-his-play-back-it-up

Not only the agent but Suh too.

Suh insisted he was actively involved in the discussions with his agents, Eugene Parker and former Lions’ linebacker Roosevelt Barnes. He said that he wanted the shorter deal because he’s already looking forward to the day of his next contract negotiation.

“He wanted to come here, play well and have an opportunity to get back to the (negotiating) table as quickly as possible,” said Barnes regarding when Suh could become a free agent.

But doesn’t a five-year contract also accelerate the timetable for Suh forcing the Lions into tearing up this contract in another three years if he’s truly the impact player he believes?

“Yeah…,” Barnes mused with glee. “That’s a good point.”

I see how that rubs people the wrong way but I'm glad Suh got the 5 year deal. I think it's better for him. A lot of money and a shorter deal. 6 years is a freaking long time, you know? And doesn't it sort of protect the organization if he's a huge bust? Accelerates the time table.

On a good note, Suh passed the same test Haynesworth has failed several times now. That's our boy.

I can understand them THINKING that, but to come out and tell everyone? They have PR skills to rival TO's "He has 25 million reasons to live" lady.