If you could bring back any Husker from the past?

FWIW, those who are picking Trev at LB, he was more of a rush end than an OLB.

Offense-Wiegert, Shields, Remmington, A. Taylor, Berringer, Gdowski, McCant, Gill, Frazier.

Defense-Suh, Peter, Wistrom, Alberts, Minter, Veland, Polk, Foreman, Ellis, Stewart, Farley, J. Williams.

All could help. It's too tough to pick.

A few of those have to be a joke. They were both good, but they were not difference makers by themselves. I'd also have to agree with Rimington. Caputo has been solid in back up duty, but we will see how he does as the starter.

FWIW, those who are picking Trev at LB, he was more of a rush end than an OLB.

Offense-Wiegert, Shields, Rimington, A. Taylor, Berringer, Gdowski, McCant, Gill, Frazier.

Defense-Suh, Peter, Wistrom, Alberts, Minter, Veland, Polk, Foreman, Ellis, Stewart, Farley, J. Williams.

All could help. It's too tough to pick.

A few of those have to be a joke. They were both good, but they were not difference makers by themselves. I'd also have to agree with Rimington. Caputo has been solid in back up duty, but we will see how he does as the starter.

McCant was All Big 8. Ellis might have been except that he split time with Colman.

Rimington (sp?) brain fart, big time :dumdum

if i had to choose Tigers from the past....

I would pick a WR to help on offence this year with so many young players. Either Mel Gray, Maclin or Justin Gage

On D, I would pick either a DL stud to really pump up the unit or from a good CB to help in coverage. So either Ziggy Hood, Justin Smith or Roger Wehrli.

• Fire 1

if i had to choose Tigers from the past....

I would pick a WR to help on offence this year with so many young players. Either Mel Gray, Maclin or Justin Gage

On D, I would pick either a DL stud to really pump up the unit or from a good CB to help in coverage. So either Ziggy Hood, Justin Smith or Roger Wehrli.

Fro, you are highly respected here, but please start a new thread with those Missouri players that we have never heard of. I will vote for you though.

Offense: Matt Davison

Defense: Baron Miles

I was hoping nobody would beat me to it, but my vote goes to Zac Taylor as well.

I love Zac Taylor to death but I don't think he would've been the best for the needs we currently have. The guy may as well not have had feet for running. Super precise passer, great leader, knew the offense, but don't we need a QB who can do both?

Feel free to prove me wrong. And I still love Zac Taylor.

While it is true that Zac Taylor was a slow, plodding quarterback when he tucked the ball down and tried to run (I remember reports that he had trimmed his 40 time just a shade under 5 seconds before the combine), he excelled superbly in the roll-out passing game, and could throw the ball on a rope to wherever he wanted running full speed either direction off of either foot. He wasn't a running threat as far as getting yards, but he made a lot happen running sideline to sideline in the passing game. More than anything though, I would love having him because of his intelligence guts and leadership. Guy had the biggest heart for his football team I have ever seen from a quarterback.

Just my opinion though :)

It's not like we CHANGED our offense a lot from when Zac was here, is it? Agree with Landlord.

Zac is one of my favorite QBs here. However, he struggled his first year just as Lee has. I want to see if Lee can make a jump, too. I think we could benefit more from a single killer OL, or a reliable WR. I think the WR more than the OL just because it seems like this position has some more Q's than the OL and one guy could make a greater difference here.

It's not like we CHANGED our offense a lot from when Zac was here, is it? Agree with Landlord.

Zac is one of my favorite QBs here. However, he struggled his first year just as Lee has. I want to see if Lee can make a jump, too. I think we could benefit more from a single killer OL, or a reliable WR. I think the WR more than the OL just because it seems like this position has some more Q's than the OL and one guy could make a greater difference here.

Is this what were looking for QB'S that did the most with the least abilities or QB's that had talent and used it? If future NU teams have QB'S like Zac Taylor or Ganz then Nebraska will never get back to even half where they were. Remember the great Ganz was still only the 7 best qb in the Big 12 when he played.

• Fire 1

Well, what we are looking for is QBs that had talent and used it. But just cause a QB really overachieved with little, doesn't make him less great. But the shortcomings here with Taylor and Ganz aren't really in the mobility category so much as the pocket stature, canon arm category. So I think the general implication of these less mobile QBs as not what we are looking for in the offense is flawed.

Is this what were looking for QB'S that did the most with the least abilities or QB's that had talent and used it? If future NU teams have QB'S like Zac Taylor or Ganz then Nebraska will never get back to even half where they were. Remember the great Ganz was still only the 7 best qb in the Big 12 when he played.

And Zac Taylor spent essentially the entire season with the #3 Quarterback Rating in the country and was Big XII Offensive Player of the Year...

I was hoping nobody would beat me to it, but my vote goes to Zac Taylor as well.

I love Zac Taylor to death but I don't think he would've been the best for the needs we currently have. The guy may as well not have had feet for running. Super precise passer, great leader, knew the offense, but don't we need a QB who can do both?

Feel free to prove me wrong. And I still love Zac Taylor.

While it is true that Zac Taylor was a slow, plodding quarterback when he tucked the ball down and tried to run (I remember reports that he had trimmed his 40 time just a shade under 5 seconds before the combine), he excelled superbly in the roll-out passing game, and could throw the ball on a rope to wherever he wanted running full speed either direction off of either foot. He wasn't a running threat as far as getting yards, but he made a lot happen running sideline to sideline in the passing game. More than anything though, I would love having him because of his intelligence guts and leadership. Guy had the biggest heart for his football team I have ever seen from a quarterback.

Just my opinion though :)

Sounds good to me. :thumbs

I guess I remembered our offense being more pro-style under Taylor and Keller, and seeing more of the spread/zone read stuff show up when Ganz took over.

Offence - Crouch. Though cocky he got the job done. If he couldnt find the play he made the play.

Defense - Suh. Hes a playmaker and as long as you know his name you would fear him. He had a physical and psyological edge.

Crouch cocky? Have you ever met the guy before and actually had a few conversations with him? He is not cocky.

To those who picked Frazier.... I think Frazier is a horrible pick for this team. He was born and raised to run the option. Watson would not call enough option plays for him to thrive on this team. Remember how most of Frazier's passes had to be dug out of the ground? It took someone as short as Abdul Muhammad to scoop most of those shoe lace passes. Remember a team commanded by him without 8 turnovers lost to a very bad Iowa State team.... If we were an option team still, then without a doubt I would pick Frazier.

On offense I pick Shields. On defense Wistrom.

Compelling argument. As someone who did vote for Frazier, I guess I'll have to go to my 2nd choice... who is also Tommie Frazier.

33-3 record as a starter (even while missing most of his junior year), and 2 national championships (a shanked field goal away from 3 straight). The MVP in three consecutive national championship games. End. Of. Story.

I'll also buy Turner Gill or Johnny Rodgers. But Will Shields? Or Zac Taylor to you others?! You had EVERY player from Nebraska football history to choose from, and you pick Zac Taylor????!!!! :wtf