If you could bring back any Husker from the past?

if i had to choose Tigers from the past....

I would pick a WR to help on offence this year with so many young players. Either Mel Gray, Maclin or Justin Gage

On D, I would pick either a DL stud to really pump up the unit or from a good CB to help in coverage. So either Ziggy Hood, Justin Smith or Roger Wehrli.

Fro, you are highly respected here, but please start a new thread with those Missouri players that we have never heard of. I will vote for you though.

Offense: Matt Davison

Defense: Baron Miles

I would say Zac Taylor for obvious reasons and Mike Rucker, just because if i were to have a favorite husker, he would have been it

I would pick a WR to help on offence this year with so many young players. Either Mel Gray, Maclin or Justin Gage

On D, I would pick either a DL stud to really pump up the unit or from a good CB to help in coverage. So either Ziggy Hood, Justin Smith or Roger Wehrli.

Fro, you are highly respected here, but please start a new thread with those Missouri players that we have never heard of. I will vote for you though.

I would say Zac Taylor for obvious reasons and Mike Rucker, just because if i were to have a favorite husker, he would have been it

Oh yeah--Mike Rucker, the older, wiser brother. :-)

Given the timeline or Martin's college carrer, i think he made the right choice. ;):lol:

Given the timeline or Martin's college carrer, i think he made the right choice. ;):lol:

Sadly, you may be right.

On the other hand if we had kept Rucker, Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, and a handful of other notable bailouts over that several year period, NU would not have dipped as low as we did during those years.

Offence - Crouch. Though cocky he got the job done. If he couldnt find the play he made the play.

Defense - Suh. Hes a playmaker and as long as you know his name you would fear him. He had a physical and psyological edge.

Crouch cocky? Have you ever met the guy before and actually had a few conversations with him? He is not cocky.

To those who picked Frazier.... I think Frazier is a horrible pick for this team. He was born and raised to run the option. Watson would not call enough option plays for him to thrive on this team. Remember how most of Frazier's passes had to be dug out of the ground? It took someone as short as Abdul Muhammad to scoop most of those shoe lace passes. Remember a team commanded by him without 8 turnovers lost to a very bad Iowa State team.... If we were an option team still, then without a doubt I would pick Frazier.

On offense I pick Shields. On defense Wistrom.

Compelling argument. As someone who did vote for Frazier, I guess I'll have to go to my 2nd choice... who is also Tommie Frazier.

33-3 record as a starter (even while missing most of his junior year), and 2 national championships (a shanked field goal away from 3 straight). The MVP in three consecutive national championship games. End. Of. Story.

I'll also buy Turner Gill or Johnny Rodgers. But Will Shields? Or Zac Taylor to you others?! You had EVERY player from Nebraska football history to choose from, and you pick Zac Taylor????!!!! :wtf

Our offensive line play was pretty horrid for most of the year. With a player like Shields, it would buy more time for Lee who I think is a far superior passer than Frazier. It all starts in the trenches. For those of you who picked Frazier, I think you are all concentrating on his last game versus Florida. You guys do that for Frazier, but some refuse to count the game Lee had versus Arizona. Now I am not anti Frazier. He just would not add much to this team with the offensive style we have.

Well, I think Frazier or Crouch or Lord WOULD add a lot to this team - as a running back, where they would be able to utilize their skills.

I think this is where division is being drawn between those calling for Taylor/Ganz and those calling for Frazier/Crouch. We don't run the same offense that we ran when Frazier and Crouch were here. If we want to see how successful Frazier and Crouch would have been running this offense, we might as well put Martinez in there as our QB as he probably matches up a lot better to their skillset than he does to Taylor and Ganz. However, I think everyone is overlooking one QB that I think could run this offense very well even though the offense is different. This QB would be none other than Berringer. He was a pretty good passing QB with similar wheels to Frazier as I believe they both ran identical 40 times. He was 6'4 and had enough of the prototype qualities that he would have been drafted. He probably had the best combination of skillsets to match Taylor/Ganz and Frazier/Crouch of any QB's we've had in the past. Taylor was tough and hung in there taking a beating at times, but Berringer played an entire half with a collapsed lung.

Of all the past QBs I can remember that would have the skillset to thrive in the offense we currently run, really only two come to mind with Berringer being #1 and Turner Gill being #2. Crouch may very well have thrived in this offense as well, but we'll never know because of the beating he took throughout the seasons. Crouch seemed to be a pretty decent passer the first quarter of the season until he took too many hits to his throwing shoulder that made his passing very errant by the end of the season.

• Fire 1

Good boy :)

Offence - Crouch. Though cocky he got the job done. If he couldnt find the play he made the play.

Defense - Suh. Hes a playmaker and as long as you know his name you would fear him. He had a physical and psyological edge.

Crouch cocky? Have you ever met the guy before and actually had a few conversations with him? He is not cocky.

To those who picked Frazier.... I think Frazier is a horrible pick for this team. He was born and raised to run the option. Watson would not call enough option plays for him to thrive on this team. Remember how most of Frazier's passes had to be dug out of the ground? It took someone as short as Abdul Muhammad to scoop most of those shoe lace passes. Remember a team commanded by him without 8 turnovers lost to a very bad Iowa State team.... If we were an option team still, then without a doubt I would pick Frazier.

Compelling argument. As someone who did vote for Frazier, I guess I'll have to go to my 2nd choice... who is also Tommie Frazier.

33-3 record as a starter (even while missing most of his junior year), and 2 national championships (a shanked field goal away from 3 straight). The MVP in three consecutive national championship games. End. Of. Story.

I'll also buy Turner Gill or Johnny Rodgers. But Will Shields? Or Zac Taylor to you others?! You had EVERY player from Nebraska football history to choose from, and you pick Zac Taylor????!!!! :wtf

Our offensive line play was pretty horrid for most of the year. With a player like Shields, it would buy more time for Lee who I think is a far superior passer than Frazier. It all starts in the trenches. For those of you who picked Frazier, I think you are all concentrating on his last game versus Florida. You guys do that for Frazier, but some refuse to count the game Lee had versus Arizona. Now I am not anti Frazier. He just would not add much to this team with the offensive style we have.

I understand picking Shields, but I don't think adding just one superb lineman makes a huge difference. If you look at our great offenses, you think of multiple great offensive lineman (83: Steinkuhler, Rimington, 94/95: Wiegert, Taylor, Zatechka, etc).

And in terms of passing ability, or whatever, I just don't care. Frazier was an underrated passer his entire career (I can still hear Chris Collinsworth - "He can't throw! He can't throw! It's tied.")

Bottom line is this: With the game on the line, who do you want to have the ball? Who do you want controlling the huddle? I will go with Frazier EVERY SINGLE TIME. He rallied against Florida State. He rallied against an amazing Miami defense. He completed the two point conversion in the same endzone that Gill misfired in. He dominated Florida, and every other team he faced that season. I want him in the huddle with the game on the line.

Frazier was a winner, a big-game baller. Zac Taylor, great guy, couldn't move the ball an inch on Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game. Joe Ganz threw away the Texas Tech game, and nearly blew the Colorado game if it hadn't been for Henery's kick.

Frazier = 4 Big 8 championships, 2 national championships, 3 national championship game MVP's,

Zac Taylor = 1 Big 12 North Championship

Joe Ganz = 0 championships

I'm sorry, they're great guys, but Taylor and Ganz are little league QB's compared to Frazier.

I understand picking Shields, but I don't think adding just one superb lineman makes a huge difference. If you look at our great offenses, you think of multiple great offensive lineman (83: Steinkuhler, Rimington, 94/95: Wiegert, Taylor, Zatechka, etc).

And in terms of passing ability, or whatever, I just don't care. Frazier was an underrated passer his entire career (I can still hear Chris Collinsworth - "He can't throw! He can't throw! It's tied.")

Bottom line is this: With the game on the line, who do you want to have the ball? Who do you want controlling the huddle? I will go with Frazier EVERY SINGLE TIME. He rallied against Florida State. He rallied against an amazing Miami defense. He completed the two point conversion in the same endzone that Gill misfired in. He dominated Florida, and every other team he faced that season. I want him in the huddle with the game on the line.

Frazier was a winner, a big-game baller. Zac Taylor, great guy, couldn't move the ball an inch on Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game. Joe Ganz threw away the Texas Tech game, and nearly blew the Colorado game if it hadn't been for Henery's kick.

Frazier = 4 Big 8 championships, 2 national championships, 3 national championship game MVP's,

Zac Taylor = 1 Big 12 North Championship

Joe Ganz = 0 championships

I'm sorry, they're great guys, but Taylor and Ganz are little league QB's compared to Frazier.

I would go even a little farther and say they aren't even near the top ten qb's

Offense: Joe Ganz.

I realize this kind of defeats the purpose of this thread, but technically if you're bringing a guy back for one year, he's gonna have to learn the offense. Joey knew the offense and with a Bo defense, I'd be very comfortable letting him run the offense. He'd be able to take care of the ball (for the most part), run time, and with a decent run game and couple decent receivers he could get Bo just enough points to win any game on the schedule