Things that make you go hmmmm lol

This HMMM>..is one of my biggest

I talked to my sister on the phone just now...our other sister who was guardian and conservator of me when I was ill..won't talk to me on the phone. I asked my sister who will talk to me why our sister won't talk to me and she told me that our sister just doesn't think we have anything in common. I told my sister that I think being family should be common enough. I just don't get it why our sister who won't talk to me took time to help me when I was in the hospital, etc. and why she won't have anything to do with me. It makes me very sad. She got money from SSI for one thing and more when I was ill being my conservator. I would hate to think it was just for the money. Well..at least I know in my heart that I have tried to contact her. And to think she is a social worker and got the Big Sister Little Sister Award once..go figure. Am I the only one who has a dysfunctional famiy? I wonder sometimes.

I bet we could have a long talk.. My sister who won't talk to me...HATES to cook...when I was staying with her while I went to rehab...I don't remember her cooking at all...she ordered out alot. She did let me cook one meal because I begged her to let me. Her hubby really liked it and thanked me. I hate take out food all the time. I am very sorry about your wife's family situation..so sad. I am trying so hard to let the paat go and move on..but..when it comes to family...that hurts me alot. Take good care.

Roxy,

Your not the only one. My family has issues with my half sister. Her mom has been worthless most of her life and my dad was always there to pick up the pieces and help her. She would stay with us for a period, then move back to her moms. Everytime she came she was given special treatment, mainly because our dad felt so sorry for her. My mom always treated her equal to us boys, probably better honestly, and we all went out of our way to make it as normal and easy as possibly for her.

well long story short, she went from troubled teen/young adult to really sucsessful adult. We are all very proud of her. We grow up low middle class and never had much. My family doesnt ask her for anything but her time. Her family needs here to employ them, buy them houses, bail them from jail, pay their bill, ect. She spends every waking moment with them. She had been overseas for 4 years and came back to visit. She didnt tell anyone from our family. She visited her mom, who lived in the same town as my brother and I at the time, and 20 mins from our dad. She never said a word and never stopped by. SHe stayed 2 blocks from my house. She refuses to let our dad & my mom have contact with her 2 kids because she feels they will not be treated equally as the other grandkids. (side note, her mom married a man who already had kids so there are half brothers and sisters on both sides for her) Our dads birthdays and fathers days go without calls. To me its unexcusable. Our dad did everything possible to give her a good life and be there for her. She was caught in a divorce at a time when men had little to no chance at custody, but he was always around (including turning down better jobs so that we could always live within 30 mins of her growing up). He wanted and always did the best for her, and this is the payback my dad gets. She is my sister, and has been for all 28+ years of my life, but at this point, i could just care less.

And I can honestly say, nothing set this off. It just started happening. She treats my mom like dirt even though she hslped to raise her since she was 4. My parents paid for her wedding when she was 19. Helped her do everything. Her real mom showed up for the first time 10 mins before the ceremony. Yet this is the person my sister worships. Makes me sick still to this day, and that was nearly 16 years ago....

Any way, sorry to hear about your situation. You still have a sibling to lean on. My brother and I are very very close and our sister is on the outside. I know how you feel about it being family, but my brother and I look at it like this....she is the one missing out on our great families and kids, she is the one costing her kids some great grandparents. It is her loss, not ours.

Humidity.

Humidity and subways.

Wishing I had the resources to take a nice taxi ride everywhere like they do on TV.

Something wrong with your car?

Different culture, I guess.

I've Never seen a subway that wasn't a sandwich shop, and I've never ridden a taxi or a bus except a schoolbus for HS football away games.

fro daddy..hope I typed your name right...I am so very sorry...geez..what is it with families who treat us like this anyway.. my sister- the social worker...cleaned out my bank account and never gave me the money that I had in it...she gave me 50.00 a month to live on when she was conservator...I called her when our sister died..I got the answering machine..left my phone number in case she wanted to find out the details..she never called me..she didn't give a crap and she did something else that really hurt me..but..I will keep my mouth shut on that one..it hurts me too bad. I don't think Alice on The Brady Bunch could even fix these family messes on here... Ok...bad joke...seriously...I am sorry for you and other members on here who have family crap like I do. Maybe we should have a big keg slumber party at my house and I will make appetizers ok? Who is game on that one? Love you all...hugggssss

Your turn..what makes yoo go hmmmmmm?:)

:boxosoap

Women, that complain that they can't find a good guy. The guys they find are all:

1) losers

2) abusers

3) alcoholics/druggies

4) cheaters

5) jobless

6) a-holes

7) boring

8) lazy

9) fat

10) mean

11) careless

12) selfish

13) stupid

14) disrespectful

15) etc......

And then when they actually find a guy who is decent looking, average build (works out a little/semi-athletic), owns his own house and car, is educated, has a good job, is self-sufficient, likes to go out and have fun or stay home and watch movies, has multiple interests and likes to try new things, is reasonably romantic, treats them with respect, is liked by their friends and family, and who is giving and sensitve to their feelings, they can't handle it. They freak out and find some reason/way (cheat, lie, play games, act the fool) to screw it up.

:rant

Whew!!! Thanks for that. I needed it.

Why does Walmart have 30-something checkouts and only 4 open?

Can I get an AMEN!!!

FWIW, I no longer shop at Wal-Mart

AMEN... I will never cross into that place again, God willing

Your turn..what makes yoo go hmmmmmm?:)

:boxosoap

Women, that complain that they can't find a good guy. The guys they find are all:

1) losers

2) abusers

3) alcoholics/druggies

4) cheaters

5) jobless

6) a-holes

7) boring

8) lazy

9) fat

10) mean

11) careless

12) selfish

13) stupid

14) disrespectful

15) etc......

And then when they actually find a guy who is decent looking, average build (works out a little/semi-athletic), owns his own house and car, is educated, has a good job, is self-sufficient, likes to go out and have fun or stay home and watch movies, has multiple interests and likes to try new things, is reasonably romantic, treats them with respect, is liked by their friends and family, and who is giving and sensitve to their feelings, they can't handle it. They freak out and find some reason/way (cheat, lie, play games, act the fool) to screw it up.

:rant

Whew!!! Thanks for that. I needed it.

I'm with ya... I remember being in my 20's and having some female friend of mind weeping on my shoulder and say "why cant I find a nice guy... You know one like you" I thought I was a nice guy like me.... :ahhhhhhhh

Even though I am a womaan.(.watch the woman patrol come after me on this one lol) I will say this: Women can be bitches big time...I like men a heck of alot better to have as friends and could care less if I have a woman friend to hang out with and would rather watch a football game or baeball game with guys to get input on the games..and not talk shopping talk..ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJPgxEi2BM8uskerfans