My Breakout Players this Year

EZ-E

I know that we have had thread upon thread regarding this topic, but I thought that I would throw in my two cents.

Alonzo Whaley is going to have a great sophomore year for NU. I have been hearing that the lightbulb has turned on for this young man and he is primed for a great year.

Anthony West

Terrance Moore

Zac Lee

I know that this player had a fantanstic year last year, but Jared Crick is going to prove this year that he is the real deal and it wasnt just because of Suh that he put up the numbers that he did. Last year he proved that he can get off a 1v1 block and make a play as good as anyone in the nation. Crick was also double teamed a good amount as well. He will silence any critics this year.

My list:

1. Brandon Kinnie- Has to take some pressure off of Niles

2. Ben Cotton- Bigger, Stronger than McNeill but his recieving skills will shin this year

3. LaVonte David- Remember DeMarrio Williams?

4. Andrew Green- Practicing at the Peso position, will see some time on special teams and will lay some people out.

5. Baker Steinkuhler- Needs to help take the load off Crick in the middle, and will do a good job at that, could see him being all big 12 honorable mention this year.

My list.

1. Rex Burkhead- Helu's going to have a hard time keeping touches away from this guy.

2. Cameron Merideth- QB's are going to watch him coming from the outside. Beware of the stache.

3. Brandon Kinnie- Him and Paul will be a great combo.

4. Dejon Gomes- He should rack up some INT's.

5. Zach Lee- He's healthy and should be improved from last year.

I think Whaley, West, and Moore are some great picks.

Moore sucked up everything Suh said like a sponge. He learned a lot last year. Carl Pelini also said in an interview as winter that Terrance has the quickest feet out of anyone he has ever coached.

I know it's hard to tell but from watching those short practice videos, I have to say, Lee looks sharp. It might just be wishful thinking, but his throwing motion looks improved and more natural. I can see him being like O'Hanlon where, by the end of the year, we all are wanting to take back all the bad things we said about him.

• Fire 2

Moore sucked up everything Suh said like a sponge. He learned a lot last year. Carl Pelini also said in an interview as winter that Terrance has the quickest feet out of anyone he has ever coached.

Was that Moore? I thought he was talking about Randle's quick feet . . . hmmmm. I might go double check.

Was that Moore? I thought he was talking about Randle's quick feet . . . hmmmm. I might go double check.

You are right Carl. My fault!!

I know it's hard to tell but from watching those short practice videos, I have to say, Lee looks sharp. It might just be wishful thinking, but his throwing motion looks improved and more natural. I can see him being like O'Hanlon where, by the end of the year, we all are wanting to take back all the bad things we said about him.

i don't know why, but i always had faith in lee and thought he had potential. i like cody green and was hoping that he would have a breakout game against baylor, but lee still proved to be less risky. hopefully everything will come together for lee and we will be impressed in his capabilities.

Carl would know! :lol:

I supposed for my breakout players, I will take Yoshi, Caputo, Williams, Henry... hell, the whole offensive line. It's really, really hard for me to put my faith into something directed by Barney Cotton, but I look for big things from them this year. If we're going to control games and enforce our will on offense, you guys all know where it starts. Hopefully Marcel finally plays up to his potential, as I seem to remember Barney or possibly someone more competent saying that Marcel has the ability to be our best lineman. Also, I'm hoping for a big year from Sirles, Qvale, A-Rod (if he plays), Seung Hoon Choi, or even possibly Brandon Thompson (remember him?). A few years ago, he was all the rage as a scout team lineman.

In any case, any of those young guys stepping up, as well as the starters upping their games, should help us inch closer to Pipeline status once again.

My List:

Defense--

1. Randle--motor of a 2 pecker billy goat

2. Meredith-- Time to Shine

3. L David--best LB since Ruud

Offense--

Zac Lee- He's going to surprise everyone, including himself.

Kinnie-- Can you say FADE route?

Hardrick--I'm going to watch this wild beast on running plays.

First post in a while. Glad to be BACK. '10 XII Champs

Joined this board when I was 15 yrs. old back in 8th grade :)

• Fire 1

Nah, you might still be right . . . I'm nowhere near convinced that my memory isn't playing tricks on me.