Why is the Bullseye on NU - Why Not Texas?

OK,

So everybody thinks the Bullseye will be on NU this year as they are the team leaving the Big 12.

My Question: Why would folks not be as pissed off at Texas for messing up the status quo of the Big 12 as at NU for leaving?

I mean how far was KU, KSU, ISU and Mizzery from being out in the cold alone? Texas really wasn't worried about leaving them adrift?

I'd be worried if I was Texas.....

I'm really looking forward to discovery proceedings in the lawsuit for damages: Big 12 v NU. We will learn a lot on how the Texas boys operate and it will be out in the open.

GBR

RiverRunner

i am guessing people will disagree with me, but i do not really buy the whole bullseye notion, not for NU or TU. people always want to beat us and those on top, not to mention everyone just wants to win every game. i know teams will play harder to beat the ranked team in their conference, but in the big 12, i imagine you play every game as hard as you can. paul rhoads celebrated like he won the super bowl after he beat NU last year, i do not think they could possible care about beating us any more than they already do. a missouri player was crying when we beat them last year. i do not think they could possibly care about beating us any more than they already do. i think most teams playing us are that way. just saying.

• Fire 2

Nebraska is the target because they are the easy target. Colorado leaving the Big 12 doesn't shake up the Big 12. They have been weak for years and were not on the upswing. Nebraska on the other hand is the one true traditional powerhouse program of the North. No other team has Nebraska's history or following in the North.

Once Nebraska left, Texas started pointing the finger at Nebraska blaming us for the possible destruction of the Big 12. It was easy for orangebloods and every other Texas publication to see this as Nebraska intentionally stirring the pot, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

No university has been innocent in the Big 12 fall out. However, because we are leaving and because we have a lot to gain this year, it is easy for us to be painted as the target.

Nobody would care if we were projected to finish third in the North and go to a mediocre bowl.

Given we are a potential BCS contender, however, it makes it easy to put us in the cross hairs