SIGNED OT Givens Mordi Price*

ADS

Hard to believe Givens is only 16 years old. Wow! Incredible potential. His shuttle time 4.49 what you’d expect from a DE or MLB. Must be very agile.

Welcome :bigredn:

Not only that but he also just turned 16. This kid is a future Acedemic All-American.

Bryan Munson just talked about him on 1620 and said he is 15 and doesn't turn 16 until next week. He said he was blown away by how mature and intelligent he is for his age.

edit--Munson appears to have been mistaken since the OWH states he is currently 16 and turns 17 next October.

Edited by BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA

I really like this kid's upside. He's damn smart and pretty dang impressive for a guy that should a sophomore. This guy would be a 4* if he hadn't jumped a couple grades. I think he was a steal.

just think how bo will get a chance to mold this kid directly with college level coaching and development from such a young age... by the time he gets older and bigger he is gonna be a beast.......

I really like this kid's upside. He's damn smart and pretty dang impressive for a guy that should a sophomore. This guy would be a 4* if he hadn't jumped a couple grades. I think he was a steal.

just think how bo will get a chance to mold this kid directly with college level coaching and development from such a young age... by the time he gets older and bigger he is gonna be a beast.......

There's only one problem, Bo will not be molding him, Cotton will and that isn't good. He'll have alot of potential but will lose it quickly because of Cotton's coaching. Thankfully for him he's smart and can fall back on his academics.

There's only one problem, Bo will not be molding him, Cotton will and that isn't good. He'll have alot of potential but will lose it quickly because of Cotton's coaching. Thankfully for him he's smart and can fall back on his academics.

while i guess youre technically correct i'm not thhhatttt pesimistic as you... i mean it BARNEY... but he is i'm sure better than COach Peter the part time football coach at the local high schooll

while i guess youre technically correct i'm not thhhatttt pesimistic as you... i mean it BARNEY... but he is i'm sure better than COach Peter the part time football coach at the local high schooll

You know when I think about it, I think it would be a good thing to have the O-line and D-line especially, along with whoever else wants to take some leverage classes. I'm not too up on these, but I would think something along the lines of judo, jujitsu, wrestling, grappling, etc would help with footwork and leverage. I would think these would be good things for linemen especially and help out alot. Anyway, sorry for going on a tangent.

You know when I think about it, I think it would be a good thing to have the O-line and D-line especially, along with whoever else wants to take some leverage classes. I'm not too up on these, but I would think something along the lines of judo, jujitsu, wrestling, grappling, etc would help with footwork and leverage. I would think these would be good things for linemen especially and help out alot. Anyway, sorry for going on a tangent.

Get them into ballet and ball room dancing while you're at it :sarcasm

...i see where you're coming from though.

our OL has improved significantly since cotton got here, including a pretty big step up this season. it's certainly not where i want it yet, but now that we're starting to have some depth and competition, i expect it will continue to improve.

our OL has improved significantly since cotton got here, including a pretty big step up this season. it's certainly not where i want it yet, but now that we're starting to have some depth and competition, i expect it will continue to improve.

We might be building depth and competition, but I don't think our offensive line has gotten better under Cotton. We can do better for an OLine coach. Too bad he has NU ties... makes it so hard to let him go. We've shown flashes, but no consistency. One awesome pull block for a huge touchdown, followed on the next drive by totally inept pass pro leading to a sack.

• Fire 1

We might be building depth and competition, but I don't think our offensive line has gotten better under Cotton. We can do better for an OLine coach. Too bad he has NU ties... makes it so hard to let him go. We've shown flashes, but no consistency. One awesome pull block for a huge touchdown, followed on the next drive by totally inept pass pro leading to a sack.

Spot on, one area they definatly have imporved on is pass blocking. In the CCG there were 2-3 plays were Martinez had 7 seconds or more to throw the dang ball. That is more than sufficient time to either check down, or throw the damn ball away. Run blocking is so hot and cold with this line it drives me to drink heavily on gamedays.

Spot on, one area they definatly have imporved on is pass blocking. In the CCG there were 2-3 plays were Martinez had 7 seconds or more to throw the dang ball. That is more than sufficient time to either check down, or throw the damn ball away. Run blocking is so hot and cold with this line it drives me to drink heavily on gamedays.

Good call, Speed. The most damning evidence that we can't just line up and run block our way to a win when we want to... SDSU. We had those guys beat on talent in probably every position, and definitely on the offensive line. While we did have a young QB trying to force things in his fourth game, there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to line up and run up and down the field on that D. It should've been like moving the sled on the practice field, and yet, we failed to open up any good holes. They did have a lot of fight, and heart, that is admirable. But NU should've plowed straight through those guys.

On a lesser note, we also failed to take over the ISU and KU games, both defenses I have the same feeling about.