Who is the Big 12 Courting?

Wondering who the Big 12 is going after to replace NU and CU?

I spoke yesterday with a big BYU supporter and he said their forums and rumors are that the Big 12 is going after them?

I guess I've not paid any attention to what the Big 12 is doing, but told my friend I would post the question here.

Anyone hear that BYU is a possible replacement?

Thanks in advance.

RiverRunner

The only thing I have heard is a quote from Dan Beebe stating that the Big12 wants to stay at 10. And considering Beebe has made a ton of promises about the amazing windfall of money that will be left for the remaining teams, I highly doubt that they choose to add anyone. The only reason Beebe was able to make those promises was because ESPN and pals promised to honor the contracts that are in place for a 12 team league, allowing the pot to be divided amongst the 10 teams who are left. Adding another team to the mix would completely shatter the thin monetary line Beebe is walking at the moment.

Besides, who besides BYU fans themselves actually believe that their univ is the first school on anyone's list. The baggage from their Mormon faith alone has been enough to scare off plenty of suitors in the past, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Too bad for Boise State pre-mature ejactulation on joining a new conference. They could have further legitimized themselves by joining the Big 12. If, God forbid, another Texas school does not join, then i would agree with a possible BYU union. However; market and travel wise- Cinn., Arkansas, or an Illinois school might make more sense.

I havent heard anything about the Big 12 courting BYU or anyone else, and I dont expect to hear anything. There really is no reason for the Big 12 to expand until 2016 when their ABC/ESPN deal is up. In 2014 or so BYU could be a candidate. They have a 70,000 seat stadium and facilities that are up to Big 12 standards, but its too soon to know what will happen.

The only thing I have heard is a quote from Dan Beebe stating that the Big12 wants to stay at 10. And considering Beebe has made a ton of promises about the amazing windfall of money that will be left for the remaining teams, I highly doubt that they choose to add anyone. The only reason Beebe was able to make those promises was because ESPN and pals promised to honor the contracts that are in place for a 12 team league, allowing the pot to be divided amongst the 10 teams who are left. Adding another team to the mix would completely shatter the thin monetary line Beebe is walking at the moment.

Besides, who besides BYU fans themselves actually believe that their univ is the first school on anyone's list. The baggage from their Mormon faith alone has been enough to scare off plenty of suitors in the past, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

:yeah

In a press confrenece right after the realignment went down, bebe mentioned that "if" they were to expand they would not go outside the states they were arleady in. He said he liked the current states involved. Based on those comments I dont see any school being added if they were to add a school since all the major schools in Kansas, Mizzou, and Iowa are already in BCS confrences that basicly leaves the Texas schools like TCU, HOUSTON, SMU, and than Tulsa.

In a press confrenece right after the realignment went down, bebe mentioned that "if" they were to expand they would not go outside the states they were arleady in. He said he liked the current states involved. Based on those comments I dont see any school being added if they were to add a school since all the major schools in Kansas, Mizzou, and Iowa are already in BCS confrences that basicly leaves the Texas schools like TCU, HOUSTON, SMU, and than Tulsa.

NOT a credible source.