Who is Ganz/Romo on this team?

tmfr15

We all know about the big 3 QBs....Cody, Zac and T-Mart, but who is the total darkhorse.

Romo went to Dallas and was passed over for Drew Henson, Vinny, and Drew Bledsoe before getting the job that no one thought he would ever command.

Ganz had the same experience, being passed over for Beck and Keller before getting to show his stuff.

Who could be that guy on this team?

Actually I seem to remember those in the Dallas organization being very high on Romo and in that last year when Bledsoe gave way, people were predicting it would happen before the season. I'd say Ganz was more of a darkhorse since nobody could have known he was the gamer he was until he stepped onto the field.

But you're right in that both were passed over at various times. If the three big QBs are really Zac, Green, and Tay-Magic, then the darkhorse has got to be Brion Carnes. I think Carnes could well be our next starter.

Odds are, no one. Romo and Ganz are exceptions. Or maybe they are everywhere but never see the light of day. I just really can't remember that many QBs at NU coming up from the depths to star. Not Berringer--he was always pretty highly regarded, just hidden behind Frazier for awhile.

Exceptions of what? QB's that never did much of anything? chuckleshuffle

Odds are, no one. Romo and Ganz are exceptions. Or maybe they are everywhere but never see the light of day. I just really can't remember that many QBs at NU coming up from the depths to star. Not Berringer--he was always pretty highly regarded, just hidden behind Frazier for awhile.

To be slightly above average and never win anything...

To be slightly above average and never win anything...

Well, I meant exceptions in that they actually were darkhorses who stood out. I knew a couple guys who covered HS football in Illinois and they figured we would convert Ganz to a DB, and wondered why we took him. Never thought he'd put up those kind of numbers in college.

Yeah Tony Romo is just awful.....

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders

1. Steve Young 96.8

2. Phillip Rivers 95.8

3. Tony Romo 95.6

4. Peyton Manning 95.2

5. Kurt Warner 93.7

6 Tom Brady 93.3

For a guy who is only entering his 4th year as a starter I think Tomo Romo has done just fine. Time will tell if he can get his team the ultimate prize, but not many QBs win a Super Bowl in their first 3 years.

I will try to say this again .... Ron Kellogg Jr.

Or Maybe Brion Carnes....

but probably Taylor Martinez!

I was listening to Unsportmanslike Conduct the other day. Mike'l was talking about Kellogg, saying he had the best footwork of any of the QBs and that his release was the best of any of other QBs. The problem is.... when he gets a pass rush, he panics a little bit. The game is moving too fast for him.

If we knew who the darkhorse was, that wouldn't make them much of a darkhorse, now would it? ;)

If Spano ever has a functional ACL I could see him as the guy who's been written off and saves the day from the depths of the QB roster

Im pulling for Spano to gets some quality reps. Sadly, I think he has gone the way of Jordan Adams-- injuries and then gets behind and lost in shuffle.