Hope it isnt 1997 again

godd2

so i was all set to buy some visitor tickets that were returned for the western kentucky game. take my kids for their first game. my buddies and their families were set to go again a first for their kids. even had plans for the in-laws...as i am preparing to call the next day and get them, my wife all of a sudden exclaims " that is my sisters wedding day!!!" DAMN!!! the last time i had to attend a wedding on a husker game day, was 1997. i was an usher. the game had started, the pastor threatened the ushers, best men and groom's lives to get out of the ready room from the TV and start the ceremony. i stood in the back of the church looking over the shoulder of an old guy as hey had his 3.5 inch TV in his lap. the ceremony gets over...we all drive as fast as we can to the bar downtown. we get there and 3 minutes later the "kick" happens....i often think back to how my live would have changed if i missed that kick and would have had to kill the groom for allowing that travesty.

now i dont expect anything like this to happen this time but i ask, " how can anyone in nebraska or anywhere really plan a wedding on a Husker saturday?!?!" i mean there are 52 weeks in the year, cant they just simply plan around those 12 or so that are holidays I call Husker Day?

It just doesnt make any sense to me so maybe someone else can explain to me how so called Husker fans can plan their wedding on these days...they should be exiled and possibly tortured for the torture they cause me!

" how can anyone in nebraska or anywhere really plan a wedding on a Husker saturday?!?!" i mean there are 52 weeks in the year, cant they just simply plan around those 12 or so that are holidays I call Husker Day?

I agree but my brother got married during the Kansas/Nebraska 08 game and I was in another wedding for the San Jose State game in 08' as well.

This year I'll be at another wedding during a Husker game when they play against Oklahoma State.

Anybody who has a wedding or has to attend a wedding on a Husker game day should have to go to confession and make a confession about their sin.

Anybody who has a wedding or has to attend a wedding on a Husker game day should have to go to confession and make a confession about their sin.

And then be publicly flogged for repentance.

And then buy the game dvd for anyone who was inconvenienced by the wedding.

My parents got married on a game day (worked for the familys, not them). Everyone on my dad's side thought my grandpa on my mom's side was deaf because he had a hidden earpiece in and was listening to the game. The last thing he said to my mom before taking her down the aisle was "Hipp is on the 3" and about halfway down he fist pumped (TD). Nebraska won the game 34-3 so I don't think TOO many people were upset.

my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary was last year. it just so happened that they were able to reserve their favorite dance hall on the exact date of their anniversary... unfortunately that day also happened to be the va tech game. my grandma didn't even want a tv in the hall, because we were "there to celebrate a great day, not watch a game." fortunately, after several of us men threatened to not come, my grandpa convinced her a small tv couldn't hurt. never seen so many people crowded around a fuzzy 19 inch tv in my life and after the game ended i don't think i saw one male under the age of 40 dancing.... but i did see a lot of pouting and "discussing"

Had to go to my cousin's wedding during the Texas Tech game in 08 when it went into overtime. Had to listen to it on the radio in waiting room before because the tv they had in there didn't have cable, I didn't find out til after the wedding that we had tied it up and going into OT. I still missed the end, would've been a great game to watch. I hope no one I know schedules a wedding during Husker Football season, otherwise they are going to get a swift kick in the you know what.