Hope it isnt 1997 again

godd2

My parents got married on a game day (worked for the familys, not them). Everyone on my dad's side thought my grandpa on my mom's side was deaf because he had a hidden earpiece in and was listening to the game. The last thing he said to my mom before taking her down the aisle was "Hipp is on the 3" and about halfway down he fist pumped (TD). Nebraska won the game 34-3 so I don't think TOO many people were upset.

:laughpound:rollin That is awesome! The fist pump walking down the aisle after a touchdown, priceless!

Thats not just for husker football. Its a bad partyfoul to schedule a wedding on a game day period. Unless you want people not paying attention to you. I made sure we had ours earlier on in the year. And i dont even live in nebraska but i was being selfconsious to all the iowa and iowa state fans in our families. Having any kind of anniversary from september - november is asking for trouble. Those days are blacked out by me.

I had to listen to the 97 NU/MU game on a radio with static because I had to work. I work in a datacenter with heavily shielded walls and a group of us were gathered around the radio in the waning moments of the game. The way Pavelka called Davison's catch, it was unclear as to what really happened. I now work a Monday through Friday schedule and refuse to attend any weddings (from now on) that are on the same day as a game.

I had to listen to the 97 NU/MU game on a radio with static because I had to work. I work in a datacenter with heavily shielded walls and a group of us were gathered around the radio in the waning moments of the game. The way Pavelka called Davison's catch, it was unclear as to what really happened. I now work a Monday through Friday schedule and refuse to attend any weddings (from now on) that are on the same day as a game.

I thought Swain was announcing that year, maybe not, but the radio annoucer did originally call the pass incomplete. Not a great call on his part and the reason Musburger's call is always used in Husker highlight videos. I was actually at a CSU game that day, did not think the NU game would be that close. Ended up leaving the game early so I could catch the 2nd half of the closer than anticipated Husker game.

My sister AND my cousin have their weddings scheduled for the (tentative?) date of the Fresno State game next year. I'm going to drag my feet as much as possible, because I don't think cousins are close enough relation for it to be unforgivable, and I don't like my sister's fiance (I'm a Jets fan, he's a Dolphins fan). Or maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be rescheduled to a Thursday game or something.

I joined a band in 2006, under the stipulation that we never play gigs when Nebraska was playing. We played one after the Texas A & M game, but I told them I wouldn't help them set up because I had to watch the game. We did however play a gig during the Missouri game... with the game projected on the wall behind us. Seems like the solution for the weddings :thumbs

Ok, so i saw the title, and I had to respond. The game against Mizzou that year was my first husker game ever. What a great memory. But back to the topic, I was supposed to get married on the same day as the Washington game this year. I realized it was wrong to get married if I was more disappointed about missing the husker game then excited about getting married. I am ashamed I almost got married during football season.