Michigan OSU split

irafreak

I picked 1945 because that was the year that I had records readily available. Yea, I could've picked any date. It could've been all time, it could've just been the past 10 years, but I picked 1945 because it supports the point I am trying to make.

That's true this year. But the perception is that the power of the Big Integer is in the east; the Big2 eOSU and M as parents, with perennial outsider Penn St as the eccentric uncle as #3.

Now there is variance on any given year but that is the perception and probably accurate in the long run. No one expects Wisc and Iowa to be good for a long time which means one of the top3 must go West if they want two balanced divisions.

Exactly! Sure, Wisconsin and Iowa are great this year. They will probably be good for the net few years. But, will they both be this good (or better) in 10 years? If they have 5 down years, will you expect them to come back strong and be a dominant team for 10 years?

No one knows. I think the hallmark of first tier team is how quickly the coach gets sacked for mediocre results. I don't think the pitchforks come for the the other teams.

On the scUM vs eOSU, in many years it was the de facto conference title game. The state of ohio cares about it more than bowl games. I just don't see them passing on a chance to make it the official title game.

I made this map to show how I think the divisions should be split:

bigtendivisions1.jpg

I'd be good with this. In terms of how teams have played for the last decade the sides would be pretty even. But the 10 really seems to want to balance the traditional powers in Mich, PSU, Neb, and tOSU. I assume they'll look to do APPROXIMATE east/west divisions. Neb and PSU are the western and eastern boundaries of the con, should really be with teams from their own region. tOSU isn't as far east as PSU but they're definitely on that side and they're the anchor on their side, having them in the west makes the con lopsided. So they you have Mich and their lil' bro MSU being pushed a little west and the yearly showdown with tOSU moved to Oct or Sept. I don't know if I agree with it but if you are going to gerrymander the divisions to balance the "bluebloods" that would be the way to go.

Woooa! Anybody think NU is gonna be hated after the divisions are announced? Boo-freaking-hoo to the morons who need a wake-up call who are so concerned about OSU and MU having to play each other twice in the same season. Guess what? It ain't happening. Only one of those teams is any good and can hold their end of the bargain. The other one can't beat App State at home. Wolferhineys will be lucky to stay off probation, let alone contend for anything important. Thanks Rich! Huskers aren't here to make friends, we're here to dominate. Or to piss people off. Or both. Suck it.

Woooa! Anybody think NU is gonna be hated after the divisions are announced? Boo-freaking-hoo to the morons who need a wake-up call who are so concerned about OSU and MU having to play each other twice in the same season. Guess what? It ain't happening. Only one of those teams is any good and can hold their end of the bargain. The other one can't beat App State at home. Wolferhineys will be lucky to stay off probation, let alone contend for anything important. Thanks Rich! Huskers aren't here to make friends, we're here to dominate. Or to piss people off. Or both. Suck it.

So your one of THOSE type fans..well guess every school has a few embarassments

• Fire 2

Exactly. :facepalm:

Truth hurts, doesn't it. Don't worry, you'll still get to have your embarrassment at the hands of OSU every season. And for the record, my tirade was more about the media fretting over when Michigan and OSU should space out their two games that they'll certainly play every year because they will be in the conference championship game every year. So I hope NU gets to piss off the MU and OSU loving media to tear apart that second game they hope for. And Liberty, you've been here 10 minutes so I could care less what you think you know.

Truth hurts, doesn't it. Don't worry, you'll still get to have your embarrassment at the hands of OSU every season. And for the record, my tirade was more about the media fretting over when Michigan and OSU should space out their two games that they'll certainly play every year because they will be in the conference championship game every year. So I hope NU gets to piss off the MU and OSU loving media to tear apart that second game they hope for. And Liberty, you've been here 10 minutes so I could care less what you think you know.

Oh hail thee foppa the king of the board! Please let us know where we can have our posts scrubbed for your approval before posting.

Oh hail thee foppa the king of the board! Please let us know where we can have our posts scrubbed for your approval before posting.

I'm sure the Mods would tend to differ. At least you're a Nebraska fan, right? That is awesome! Where is Liberty, MO, anyway? Is it in Missouri? The state that the Missouri Tigers play? A couple of hours from Columbia, Missouri if I know my Missouri geography? A half-hour north of Kansas City, Missouri? A couple of hours west of where the University of Missouri is located? What's it like to live in Missouri? A lot of die-hard Missouri fans, I'm sure. At least you're a Nebraska fan. I bet Missouri isn't happy they didn't make the Big 10 cut. Do you hear alot of commotion about Missouri not being good enough for the Big 10? I don't envy you living in Missouri. A lot of awful sports teams in Missouri. Really, really bad teams. I heard Missouri was so desperate to keep Gabbert from going to Nebraska they chained him to a flagpole in Columbia, Missouri. I doubt that's true though. Is there a lot of good Missouri fans in Missouri? I'm surprised they let Nebraskans even go into the state of Missouri. Probably tolerate it because of fireworks sales. You post whatever you want dude. Someday I'll stop being an embarrassment and move to your state of Missouri. That's where it's at, right? Go Big Red!

The Buckeye concurs with the Wolverine on this matter.

Anyway, my thoughts are after examining all of angles to this issue, is that OSU and UM have to be in the same division and play once a year (ONLY once a year) on the third Saturday of November every year. If they can get that right, we can all be happy. I wouldn't care how else they diced it up if they left that in tact.

The Buckeye concurs with the Wolverine on this matter.

Anyway, my thoughts are after examining all of angles to this issue, is that OSU and UM have to be in the same division and play once a year (ONLY once a year) on the third Saturday of November every year. If they can get that right, we can all be happy. I wouldn't care how else they diced it up if they left that in tact.

Hasn't the (often likely) Rose Bowl berth been a big part of that game? The regular season game, no matter which weekend it is played, will never be that ever again. There will always be more at stake in the Big Ten Championship Game.

We're going to take a breather from the really partisan discussions in here, OK? Let's wait until next year to start drawing battle lines. It's kind of nice to be on good terms with fan bases from a whole conference for once. It'll end soon enough when the chinstraps get tightened, so let's enjoy it while we can.

And certainly let's not spill milk over a rumor. Of all things to get into a discussion about, this is the least meritorious.

I'm sure the Mods would tend to differ. At least you're a Nebraska fan, right? That is awesome! Where is Liberty, MO, anyway? Is it in Missouri? The state that the Missouri Tigers play? A couple of hours from Columbia, Missouri if I know my Missouri geography? A half-hour north of Kansas City, Missouri? A couple of hours west of where the University of Missouri is located? What's it like to live in Missouri? A lot of die-hard Missouri fans, I'm sure. At least you're a Nebraska fan. I bet Missouri isn't happy they didn't make the Big 10 cut. Do you hear alot of commotion about Missouri not being good enough for the Big 10? I don't envy you living in Missouri. A lot of awful sports teams in Missouri. Really, really bad teams. I heard Missouri was so desperate to keep Gabbert from going to Nebraska they chained him to a flagpole in Columbia, Missouri. I doubt that's true though. Is there a lot of good Missouri fans in Missouri? I'm surprised they let Nebraskans even go into the state of Missouri. Probably tolerate it because of fireworks sales. You post whatever you want dude. Someday I'll stop being an embarrassment and move to your state of Missouri. That's where it's at, right? Go Big Red!

So since I live in Missouri it's not likely that I'm a Husker Fan? I'm sure that nobody that ever grew up in Nebraska ever moved out of the state for other opportunities?

Born and raised in Nebraska life long Husker fan. Feel better now?

Liberty is only a half hour from Kansas City if you drive like an old blue hair. Even though many teams in Missouri suck the one I'm affiliated with has won Three National Championships since 1998 so I'm quite fortunate that my two College Football teams are quite successful. I did get to enjoy one World Series Championship was actually at game one and game six so I feel fortunate about that. Got to watch one of the best to play the game in his prime. I also got to see the best quarterback in NFL history play a couple years, he was past his prime, but still got the Chiefs to an AFC Championship Game...so yeah living here really sucks and definitely makes me less of a Husker fan.

Just curious are all those people from Nebraska that come down here to this horrible sports black hole to watch the professional teams in Missouri play less of a Husker fan because they root for a team that is two hours west of Columbia?

Yes there are good Missouri fans that live here a lot of them are friends of mine and there are some that give them a bad name...you have a lot in common with them. I hope you don't find out that I have friends that are KU fans, KSU fans, ISU fans, Iowa fans, and OU fans I'm sure that somehow means I'm not a Husker fan too.

I'm sure that since I've now lived in Missouri longer than I did in Nebraska I am diminished even more in your eyes as a Husker fan.

One thing I've learned living here so long is when you live outside of the state of Nebraska you get to spend most of your time apologizing for fans like you, because you are the type of fan most fans from other teams remember, the idiot few that feel like they have to call people out and talk smack.