QB Race

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

calm down. Ok, what did we learn last year when Lee had his first game? He could play. What did we learn after the Sun Belt Tournament? He struggled as did the offense. This is Western Kentucky, just cause he didn't play that much, doesn't mean anything. We will see what happens when we play Washington, and after SDSU.

Wow. There really are people here who think they know more about the game then Pelini and Watson.

I feel for Lee. I really do. But I also have to think that even he would be a little ticked off at this thread. I highly doubt that Lee is questioning the decision of his coaches, or the play of his teammates. Zac Lee is a class act. He's going to be a huge part of this offense's success whether he's on the field or not. And, if he remains the backup, he's not going to go around feeling sorry for himself and tell others that the coaches "screwed" him out of his spot. That kid is a heck of a lot more grown up than some of the people on this board.

I dont care what you all think. Lee got screwed. He is our best option at having a great season and now because you all think Tmart is the next thing best to sliced bread he will get all the accolades. I personally think that Lee got a huge slap in the face and i am not happy about it. I know 95% of you think otherwise but its a buncha crap. If i was Lee i would have flipped the coaches off when they asked him to go in. He IS a leader. He can throw the ball better than any other qb. I do not have a problem with Tmart playing. He can have an impact on this team. But against teams like washington, texas, Mizzou, and oklahoma he will not have the success he had tonight against an 0-21 team. The state of nebraska looks at Tmart as the next coming of the greates heisman candidate ever and he is not. I personally wish him the best success but its not going to happen. We WILL LOSE 3 games this year. Mark my words

You must be Zac Lee's dad or something...get over yourself already. Accept the fact that you do not know as much about football and evaluating talent as you previously thought. You dont like the spread option? Um wow. You better get used to it because that is exactly what this team has been gravitating towards since Bo got here. Just look at the recruitment at qb since Bo got here. Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, and Brion Carnes....hardly pocket passers like you seem to want.

Finally, why do you feel the need to start a new thread and clutter the board to complain about how YOU are upset that Lee got the short end of things. There are like a million other threads you could post in. Admit the fact that you were wrong and have been very ignorant leading up to this game.d

Jamaal Turner and Bubba both can run wild too.

Wow. There really are people here who think they know more about the game then Pelini and Watson.

I feel for Lee. I really do. But I also have to think that even he would be a little ticked off at this thread. I highly doubt that Lee is questioning the decision of his coaches, or the play of his teammates. Zac Lee is a class act. He's going to be a huge part of this offense's success whether he's on the field or not. And, if he remains the backup, he's not going to go around feeling sorry for himself and tell others that the coaches "screwed" him out of his spot. That kid is a heck of a lot more grown up than some of the people on this board.

I feel for Lee to, I mean we gave hime praise after the first 4 games, then after missouri, we sorta gave him a cold shoulder. But how many players (quarterbacks none the less) accept the fact they've been benched. He kept his head up though. If he doesn't become the starter, I honestly hope he keeps his head up high, and give any advice he has to whomever the starter is.

Ok, now this is a kid who came off a very solid debut, and is some collegiate fantasy-footballer's wet dream right now but his post-game remarks seemed a little over the top. He said that he didnt really have to work very hard to get to this point... what, does he WANT to run 25 extra sets of stadium stairs? Also, he seemed over-confident of his abilities and plays and seemed to enjoy the compliments on good runs just a little too much. I'm all for excitement about the youngster's first real game, and he played like a veteran at times, but he has to be humble. He also held the ball up with one hand twice BEFORE crossing the goal line in celebration which could cause a huge problem in the future should someone catch up with him.

All in all, he looked good, had three dropped passes, but this was still against WKU and I personally don't think that the way he said things after the game was smart on his part or the correct way to go about it. I'll tip my hat to the kid for his performance on the field but his performance off it has been less than that of a LEADER to start off the season.

It was after all just one game, but does anyone else feel the same way? I mean it could legitimately be that just cause he's so quiet he doesn't like adding all the fluff to his answers to make them sound more humble... i noticed he didn't talk very much in the interviews on TV or the radio, but that will come with experience.

• Fire 1

If he keeps producing on the field as he did today, he can say whatever the hell he wants to afterwards.

Of course if he produces we can give him a break for being cocky. but the OP is worried that his over-confidence may lead to him thinking he's invincible and once he throws that first pick or gives away his first fumble, things can spiral down hill fast with a cocky attitude.

I feel for Lee and would still feel safer with him out there. Now that his arm is healthy again he's likely the best passer, he's also an improved runner and has valuable experience. That said, I'm not in practice every day and don't get to see what the coaches do. They evidently think TayMart has "it". Kid is definitely explosive, seems poised in the pocket, plus he does little things like looking-off and selling fakes well. Maybe he's like McCoy or Bradford, they played quite well as rs-frosh starters. Only time will tell.