QB Race

I'm all for excitement about the youngster's first real game, and he played like a veteran at times, but he has to be humble. He also held the ball up with one hand twice BEFORE crossing the goal line in celebration which could cause a huge problem in the future should someone catch up with him.

Who the heck are you to say he HAS to be humble? Last time I checked, being humble is not a requirement to: be on the team, to play, to perform well, to talk to the media, etc.

And as for your issue with him holding the ball up - maybe it's not smart, but the dude had literally just blown by the safety - the only guy within twenty yards, I think he knew he was safe.

Safe from being Leon Lett'ed yeah, but not from risking a 15-yard penalty that would put us at the 16 with no TD.

Does anyone know if this is going to be enforced strictly this year? I know last year there were one or two calls that impacted games and were heavily scrutinized. In watching highlights last night and this morning on ESPN, there were SEVERAL instances of guys scoring and celebrating pretty heavily but none of them got called. I saw one or two guys even point at the defender as they scored but nothing was called. Do they only enforce these rules in games that are not blow-outs, or have they let up on it all together?

Another random question y'all- Was that Prince Amukamara celebrating with the team in the end zone after T-Mart's first drive 46-yd score? I didn't notice it while watching the game, but just a few minutes ago on the youtube highlights. Is he in on some offensive package or series? Can anyone shed some light?

Another random question y'all- Was that Prince Amukamara celebrating with the team in the end zone after T-Mart's first drive 46-yd score? I didn't notice it while watching the game, but just a few minutes ago on the youtube highlights. Is he in on some offensive package or series? Can anyone shed some light?

Yeah it was and I think he was out there again on T-Mart's second or third TD too.

I'm all for excitement about the youngster's first real game, and he played like a veteran at times, but he has to be humble. He also held the ball up with one hand twice BEFORE crossing the goal line in celebration which could cause a huge problem in the future should someone catch up with him.

Who the heck are you to say he HAS to be humble? Last time I checked, being humble is not a requirement to: be on the team, to play, to perform well, to talk to the media, etc.

And as for your issue with him holding the ball up - maybe it's not smart, but the dude had literally just blown by the safety - the only guy within twenty yards, I think he knew he was safe.

Safe from being Leon Lett'ed yeah, but not from risking a 15-yard penalty that would put us at the 16 with no TD.

Does anyone know if this is going to be enforced strictly this year? I know last year there were one or two calls that impacted games and were heavily scrutinized. In watching highlights last night and this morning on ESPN, there were SEVERAL instances of guys scoring and celebrating pretty heavily but none of them got called. I saw one or two guys even point at the defender as they scored but nothing was called. Do they only enforce these rules in games that are not blow-outs, or have they let up on it all together?

I think celebration rule will go into effect NEXT year, so the dead ball foul rule is still in effect. I believe they were talking about College Football Live, just before the season started. Oregons former coach Belotti was talking about it, saying he was glad he wasnt on the rule committee anymore.