more injurys

ARod has been talked about a lot and it sounds like he will not redshirt. Qvale has to step in and give us another guard we can rotate in. Our tackle spots are solid with good quality depth but our guards must stay healthy all year long.

Injuries affect a team, for sure. But this is the difference between the way Bo has it and others had it: people will get hurt every year, get 2 or 3 deep, and there isn't much drop off; practice everyone hard and get everyone prepared, that way if someone goes down, the next guy is ready....OR practce soft, promise startng roles, dole out unearned depth charts, and practce nepotism, so that when someone gets hurt, no one is ready.

The next person will be ready, because they've been PRACTICING to be ready.

Sorry, but that is just pure D BS. Most likely these injuries are just bad luck and not the result of improper practices or conditioning. ??IT HAPPENS. but to believe that it does't matter because BP is our coach or it is N U, is silly. Injuries always affect performance on every team. OU was highy rated and loaded last year until the injury bug hit. As a result they lost several games they quite likely would have won if healthy. Let's hpoe we don't have any more serious injuries!,

Steve Sipple said on Unsportsmanlike Conduct that he thought Williams would be okay. FWIW.

That seems to be the latest rumor, injured but not headed under the knife. Hope the hitch in his giddy-up doesn't turn into a chronic thing. Williams was far from 100% last year with his torn pec. Now the bad hip, hate to see him having to miss vital practice and nurse/work-around another injury all season. At least we have some cupcakes early on, put in Qvale a lot and try to get Williams ready for Washington.

Steve Sipple said on Unsportsmanlike Conduct that he thought Williams would be okay. FWIW.

That seems to be the latest rumor, injured but not headed under the knife. Hope the hitch in his giddy-up doesn't turn into a chronic thing. Williams was far from 100% last year with his torn pec. Now the bad hip, hate to see him having to miss vital practice and nurse/work-around another injury all season. At least we have some cupcakes early on, put in Qvale a lot and try to get Williams ready for Washington.

Also hopefully it's not a case of he's injured and needs surgery, but the staff is clearing him to play.

If Williams injury can greatly improve with a few weeks rest, then put Qvale in for the cupcake games.

Hopefully Qvale's shoulder is fully recovered and he can stay healthy too!

That kid will be a dominant force on the offensive line.

Qvale had a 3.7 or so gpa his freshman year so this dude probably knows the blocking schemes fairly well by now.

... and he definitely has the size and athleticism to do well.

Sure wouldn't hurt to get him some reps and see what he can do against some teams we should dominate.

If Williams injury can greatly improve with a few weeks rest, then put Qvale in for the cupcake games.

Qvale had a 3.7 or so gpa his freshman year so this dude probably knows the blocking schemes fairly well by now.

Sure wouldn't hurt to get him some reps and see what he can do against some teams we should dominate.

Yeah, Qvale is a guy I’m really looking forward to seeing. 6’7” 320 and can supposedly play either G or T. Wow! WOW!! Dare I say, pipeline material?

Yeah, Qvale is a guy I’m really looking forward to seeing. 6’7” 320 and can supposedly play either G or T. Wow! WOW!! Dare I say, pipeline material?

:yeah

Listen BillyBall, I'm not saying injuries don't affect a team, or that just because BO is the head coach he can put a magic bandaid on it and all will be okay...

My larger point is, is that it is understood that Billy C had less contact in his practices and seemingly played players based on seniority and perception rather than necessarily earning the job.

No doubt Bo has the players 3rd on depth chart practicing as hard as the guy whose 1st. Dillard said as much last year, Eric Martin playing his way onto special teams, and the lack of quality depth when Billy was here. So injuries matter, but guys will be better prepared to fill in.

BTW, I wouldn't compare mike Williams and Sean fisher to Sam Bradford and Gresham.

Listen BillyBall, I'm not saying injuries don't affect a team, or that just because BO is the head coach he can put a magic bandaid on it and all will be okay...

My larger point is, is that it is understood that Billy C had less contact in his practices and seemingly played players based on seniority and perception rather than necessarily earning the job.

No doubt Bo has the players 3rd on depth chart practicing as hard as the guy whose 1st. Dillard said as much last year, Eric Martin playing his way onto special teams, and the lack of quality depth when Billy was here. So injuries matter, but guys will be better prepared to fill in.

BTW, I wouldn't compare mike Williams and Sean fisher to Sam Bradford and Gresham.

Easy there IMa, I'm a listenin. And I think I heard your thoughts--just didn't buy them. Below was the exchange. It seemed at best "whistling by the grave yard to me". Now last year we were a very good team in our last two games and a pretty mediocre team in the rest, save the victory over the very beat up Zero U team that I mentioned. There was nothing in that performance that leads one to believe that you are correct and that the Bo Pelini era makes injuries to starters or top reserves inconsequential. Just aint there sport, sorry bout facts.

Injuries are part of the game, affect performance and I hope we don't have any more. If you don't think they matter and will impact our play, I want what you are drinking.

"I am I, on 23 August 2010 - 05:54 PM, said:

Injuries affect a team, for sure. But this is the difference between the way Bo has it and others had it: people will get hurt every year, get 2 or 3 deep, and there isn't much drop off; practice everyone hard and get everyone prepared, that way if someone goes down, the next guy is ready....OR practce soft, promise startng roles, dole out unearned depth charts, and practce nepotism, so that when someone gets hurt, no one is ready.

The next person will be ready, because they've been PRACTICING to be ready.

Sorry, but that is just pure D BS. Most likely these injuries are just bad luck and not the result of improper practices or conditioning. ??IT HAPPENS. but to believe that it does't matter because BP is our coach or it is N U, is silly. Injuries always affect performance on every team. OU was highy rated and loaded last year until the injury bug hit. As a result they lost several games they quite likely would have won if healthy. Let's hpoe we don't have any more serious injuries!, "

According to Rivals, Keith Williams is not injured and has been practicing despite earlier reports. Not sure if I'm late with this or not, but he's talked about in the most recent article and they say nothing about any current season ending injuries as earlier speculated.