OK look at it this way: would you rather play Michigan or Penn State

Michigan for me. I think Penn State could be an easier game, but then there's the geography. That said I have no stake in it personally as I'm far enough away it doesn't really matter. But Michigan seems like the more interesting game. Personally I'd rather Mich/OSU/PSU all be in a separate division. Give Nebraska/Wisconsin/Iowa a chance to hold up their end of the bargain.

In this sense I'm not a huge fan of splitting up Mich and OSU, either. I think they are two of the premier programs in the league, and what Oklahoma and Texas have works out quite well.

This.

Michigan for me. I think Penn State could be an easier game, but then there's the geography. That said I have no stake in it personally as I'm far enough away it doesn't really matter. But Michigan seems like the more interesting game. Personally I'd rather Mich/OSU/PSU all be in a separate division. Give Nebraska/Wisconsin/Iowa a chance to hold up their end of the bargain.

In this sense I'm not a huge fan of splitting up Mich and OSU, either. I think they are two of the premier programs in the league, and what Oklahoma and Texas have works out quite well.

This.

Bear in mind, too, that it's a lot easier to get to Ann Arbor than to State College. AA is a very short drive from Detroit's main airport. State College, by comparison, has a grass field with cows grazing on it. :sarcasm

If they do have the Michigan-OSU split will the divisions look like this?

West

Nebraska

Michigan

Michigan State

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

East

Ohio State

Penn State

Illinois

Northwestern

Purdue

Indiana

I don't think so because you need to fairly spread out the 2nd tier teams like Wisconsin, MSU, and Iowa (which would all be in our division in this split).

Our division would be way harder if it was structured like this, but hey this is just my opinion.

Indeed. Nebraska has a tough draw in that half, especially since Blue won't stay down forever, more's the pity.

If its to be the end of the season, day after Thanksgiving game, then I opt for Iowa - by far. They are geographically very close - allowing easy travel and they have a lot of fans around here/a shared border - so rivalry would be natural. Most Iowa fans I have spoken to seem to embrace the idea.

Penn State - not soo much. Firstly, travel during Thanksgiving weekend stinks. No way I want to set foot on a plane that weekend. I would much prefer to drive to an away game. Especially when considering distances - and Penn State is a long ways away. Second, despite our past with Penn State (a few games played and a gripe over post season honors), I really don't get too excited about the idea of playing them. More than a Northwestern or Indiana at least, but not the tops of my list. And did I mention how faaaaaar away they are?

Not sure how old you are but when Nebraska Played Oklahoma how many games did you go to when it was in Oklahoma? I would get way more excited playing a team the caliber of PSU at the end of every year then Iowa.

Iowa at the end of the year would be no more exciting to me then if it was Iowa State instead of Oklahoma or Colorado. What exactly am I supposed to care or hate about Iowa? since Nebraska has only lost to them once since I've been alive it's kind of hard to even care about them.