Pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this but I am considering proposing to my girlfriend and was thinking it would be the coolest thing ever if I were to do it at a game in front of the 80,000 plus. Was curious if anyone knew who I would have to get in contact with to maybe set something like that up so it could be put up on the jumbotron or on the other tvs? GBR!!

Sounds pretty cliche and unoriginal anyway....

I would boo.

Wow you guys are rude. This guy is planing to ask one of the most scariest/nervous questions in his entire life and you act like that. I didn't think I would be nervous when I asked my wife in her hand in marriage but I was so nervous that I drank her two glasses of wine and my two glasses, took 2 potty breaks within 2-3 minutes before asking and also ate her salad......and I hate salads.

Good luck on the proposal but just make sure she'll like the proposal and that its not going to embarrass her. Girls are always dreaming about the perfect proposal. Lets hope that if you do it at Memorial Stadium at a game that it doesn't end up like this guy.......

• Thanks 1

OK, but it's time for people to realize that what may be an incredibly important moment in two people's lives, is absolutely irritating to the 80k who showed up to watch a football game, not "the bachelor". Husker football is better than that...

:thumbs

not to keep ragging on this idea, but it is kind of selfish. it is really only meaningful for the guy, even though it is incredibly memorable for both parties. the girl probably is not into it as much as the guy. it should be intimate, romantic, low-key, and meaningful to both parties.

also, you could just do it in the stands, i guess she would always have to love the huskers then.

wife, "honey, turn off that darn game, you need to mow, my parents are coming over later."

husband, "but dear, it reminds me of the happiest day of my life (implying the proposal, but really meaning the 2010 MNC)"

wife, "oh (that annoying way women say oh when something sweet is said) you are such a sweetie, and a romantic. keep watching i'll mow after i get you a beer. oh, and don't worry, i'll cancel with my parents, you should watch the night version of college gameday."

husband, "make it a double scotch, and i might have some guys over."

wife, "one the rocks? and after i mow i'll pick up a coors light home draft"

husband, "ummm...."

wife, "neat?"

husband, "yeah, neat, let's go neat."

wife, "ok, in a second, let me get the johnny walker blue i was going to give you on our anniversary."

husband, "(sigh) oh, i prefer red."

wife, "oh, don't worry, i got that too."

but i would not expect that.