SUH

There is a huge difference between the hit on McCoy and hit on Delhomme. He had McCoy by the body and threw him down, this hit was more arms around his head and neck and threw him down. Something like that is uncalled for and it would have been a different outcome with the NFL is Suh had injured his neck by doing something like that. I know being doubleteamed is frustrating, but you don't want to seriously injury someone because of it. I agree that the Baylor call was wrong, because Suh tackled the QB's body, not his head.

I'm very surprised that Delhomme's neck didn't snap from that.

Didn't he have a horsecalling call against Mizzou? Is the horsecalling against grabbing the jersey or the pads from behind, or is it just any part at all?

As far as the horse collar is concerned, the rule is you are not allowed to stick your hand into the pads behind the neck of the player and pull them to the ground. Suh's was not a horsecollar and he only grabbed the jersey on the back of Gabbert. However, due to the angle the ref was at (and even watching it in live action) it almost appears that he did horse collar him. I understand why the ref made the call even though it was still the wrong one.

Second, I think a lot of this has to do with Suh's strength. As I pointed out earlier, the man pushed an Oklahoma linemen to the ground with one arm last year, and he also consistently beat double and even triple teams in order to make a play. He is a physical/athletic beast.

He was probably frustrated with his production so far, but I'm also sure he didn't mean to really get that violent about it. It just happened and I'm sure he's moved on from it.

I don't think suh should have to change his game up at all he's going out there and playing football like it is supposed to be played...physically... if you sign up to play football as a kid you know you are going to get hit so if you don't like it don't play.... thats half the fun.. this shouldn't change just because these pro qbs are making millions of dollars.. why is everyone so concerned with the quarterback anyways... you don't hear this concern for fullbacks and tailbacks or even slot receivers running slants at line backers who take this beating all the time

Suh_shirt_grande.jpg?1283079099

scott van pelt mentioned it on his radio show. i only caught the last tail end, like the last 20 words on it. he said he met SUH and had a good impression of him, but that play was out of bounds and he thought the nfl would look into it. did anyone catch the full segment or discussion.

edit: jim rome is about to talk about it on jrib.

scott van pelt mentioned it on his radio show. i only caught the last tail end, like the last 20 words on it. he said he met SUH and had a good impression of him, but that play was out of bounds and he thought the nfl would look into it. did anyone catch the full segment or discussion.

edit: jim rome is about to talk about it on jrib.

Rome also said on his TV show that Suh was a great guy off the field, and a nasty guy on the field. He says he needs to dial it down a notch, but also conceded that he thought the hit was kind of awesome.

Stupid play on Suh's part...but it was worth it IMHO, Suh made a statement. The guy is a beast, in a couple years when he is polished he will be an awesome NFL player that should be able to name his own price if he stays healthy.

two things:

1. SUH does not know how to tackle qbs, he only knows how to "throw" qbs.

2. it really was not that bad, the facemask was the worst part of it. it was just an ugly, rough hit. but he does not to get a little more polished, but if the price is to lose the intensity, stay raw.

Stupid play on Suh's part...but it was worth it IMHO, Suh made a statement. The guy is a beast, in a couple years when he is polished he will be an awesome NFL player that should be able to name his own price if he stays healthy.

two things:

1. SUH does not know how to tackle qbs, he only knows how to "throw" qbs.

2. it really was not that bad, the facemask was the worst part of it. it was just an ugly, rough hit. but he does not to get a little more polished, but if the price is to lose the intensity, stay raw.

LMAO at #1.

#2, I disagree. Hands to the face/helmet of the QB is a definite penalty and will get called every time. You don't even need to take the QB down for it to get called. If you run into the QB (not tackling him) and you happen to hit them in the helmet with your hands, you're going to get flagged. You just can't tackle a QB high in the NFL anymore.