SUH

I don't know what was so great about this.

He got a face-mask first. Already 15 yards.

Then, when the QB was already down (knees), he needlessly tries to take his head off.

Suh needs to control himself more than anything or else he will get suspended.

It is great that he showed such intensity, but I don't know what he thinks he can get away with.

Yeah, and it was a preseason game on top of things. I want Suh to do well, but this sort of play will have every referee watching him like a hawk every down.

Stupid play on Suh's part...but it was worth it IMHO, Suh made a statement. The guy is a beast, in a couple years when he is polished he will be an awesome NFL player that should be able to name his own price if he stays healthy.

two things:

1. SUH does not know how to tackle qbs, he only knows how to "throw" qbs.

2. it really was not that bad, the facemask was the worst part of it. it was just an ugly, rough hit. but he does not to get a little more polished, but if the price is to lose the intensity, stay raw.

LMAO at #1.

#2, I disagree. Hands to the face/helmet of the QB is a definite penalty and will get called every time. You don't even need to take the QB down for it to get called. If you run into the QB (not tackling him) and you happen to hit them in the helmet with your hands, you're going to get flagged. You just can't tackle a QB high in the NFL anymore.

i think that is what i was saying, or at least what i meant. he deserved the penalty, it was a clear facemask, but i do not think the tackle was that bad. i will say that it looked like he tried to avoid the facemask after it happened, which is why he tackled him by his head, but it was to late, his fingers got a pretty good grasp of the facemask. i especially agree with the underline part, SUH needs to learn the qbs are babied in the nfl, but the violence SUH is able to impart is a good justification for protecting the qb. i just hope he gets through the season without being charged with on-the-field-homicide. goodell would not look too kindly to that.

This hit definitely deserved a penalty but I still don't get why QB's get more protection then other players. QB's are in no more danger than anyone else who has the football so providing special protection just because they are franchise players with a large price tag is kind of BS in my opinion.

There's a good article about this in the Detroit News. They have several of his comments in there. I think he made a mistake but he's a pro and he won't do it again. Not right though seeing him in those colors...

My favorite quote of his is this -

"I've slung quarterbacks before and got a personal foul and I've slung quarterbacks before and didn't get a personal foul. That's what the referee is out there for."

From The Detroit News, Lions' Ndamukong Suh on hit: 'I can't change the way I play'

Stupid play on Suh's part...but it was worth it IMHO, Suh made a statement. The guy is a beast, in a couple years when he is polished he will be an awesome NFL player that should be able to name his own price if he stays healthy.

two things:

2. it really was not that bad, the facemask was the worst part of it. it was just an ugly, rough hit. but he does not to get a little more polished, but if the price is to lose the intensity, stay raw.

LMAO at #1.

#2, I disagree. Hands to the face/helmet of the QB is a definite penalty and will get called every time. You don't even need to take the QB down for it to get called. If you run into the QB (not tackling him) and you happen to hit them in the helmet with your hands, you're going to get flagged. You just can't tackle a QB high in the NFL anymore.

i think that is what i was saying, or at least what i meant. he deserved the penalty, it was a clear facemask, but i do not think the tackle was that bad. i will say that it looked like he tried to avoid the facemask after it happened, which is why he tackled him by his head, but it was to late, his fingers got a pretty good grasp of the facemask. i especially agree with the underline part, SUH needs to learn the qbs are babied in the nfl, but the violence SUH is able to impart is a good justification for protecting the qb. i just hope he gets through the season without being charged with on-the-field-homicide. goodell would not look too kindly to that.

Well, I'm trying to argue that the tackle was bad. You simply cannot take a QB down by his head (or even make contact with his head for that matter). BS or not, those are the rules. IDC if Suh's playing aggressively, you can't cost your team 15 yards because you want to viciously tackle the QB.

Side note, I really don't know why, but I found this quote from Suh to be hilarious, "Obviously, I am not going to go wild and hit quarterbacks in the head as hard as I can..."

two things:

LMAO at #1.

Well, I'm trying to argue that the tackle was bad. You simply cannot take a QB down by his head (or even make contact with his head for that matter). BS or not, those are the rules. IDC if Suh's playing aggressively, you can't cost your team 15 yards because you want to viciously tackle the QB.

well, i can not wait until SUH sees what you are saying about him.

it is stupid because then whenever a qb is about to get sacked, they just have to duck and drive his head into the open arms of the defender. i just think it looked worse than it was, and other than the facemask, if SHOULD be a legal tackle. whatev though, i really do not care about the nfl that much. i will follow SUH though.

two things:

LMAO at #1.

it is stupid because then whenever a qb is about to get sacked, they just have to duck and drive his head into the open arms of the defender. i just think it looked worse than it was, and other than the facemask, if SHOULD be a legal tackle. whatev though, i really do not care about the nfl that much. i will follow SUH though.

Haha, please don't tell him!

It's definitely a stupid rule, no argument there. And as mentioned above by a few posters, QBs get way too much protection from the referees in the NFL. Alas, it is what it is and Suh needs to wise up before the league really comes down on him.

The way Suh was manhandling him, I dont think he knew that he got rid of the ball. I dont think he was even paying attentian that. He was probably more trying to think about how to end the tackle "Should I finish this the way I sacked Gabbert, or the way I through McCoy like a rag doll, Oh I'll just mix in both."

Have less of a problem of him throwing the qb like a rag doll then the way it started with a blantant facemask.

Give me a break. It was not a blatant face-mask, rather a guy trying to make a play and he grabbed a hold of the wrong thing. A penalty, but not a blatant face-mask.

He had to try and avoid horse collaring him as well. That could have been the reason for the grabbing of the face-mask. He tried to grab the front of the shoulder pad, but grabbed the wrong thing.

Not surprisingly, the Browns have asked the NFL to look at this:

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh grabbed Jake Delhomme's face mask, twisted it, wrapped his arms around the Browns quarterback's head and slammed him to the ground.

It was hard to watch - in real time or instant replay.

The Browns hope the NFL looks at it again.

Cleveland coach Eric Mangini expects the league to review Suh's rough treatment of Delhomme in Saturday's exhibition game in Detroit.

In the second quarter, Delhomme was scrambling out of the pocket when he was grabbed by Suh, the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft. Suh flung the 35-year-old to the ground, and Delhomme got up waving his arms in protest. Suh was assessed a 15-yard penalty for the infraction, which seemed severe enough to warrant an ejection.

Mangini said at his news conference Monday that he will ask the league to investigate the play, but he assumed it would do so anyway.

League spokesman Gregg Aiello said in an e-mail the play was being reviewed.

"I was just going after the ball, and I had no clue that he had gotten rid of it," Suh said. "I don't know what to expect from the league. I've gotten personal fouls before, but that was in college, and they can't fine you there."

Browns backup quarterback Seneca Wallace called for Suh to be suspended, but one of Suh's veteran teammates thought that was an overreaction.

"It definitely is," Kyle Vanden Bosch said. "I asked him what happened, and he said he thought Delhomme still had the ball. We're going after the quarterback and trying to make a play, and sometimes you make a mistake, but he wasn't trying to hurt anyone."

Mangini does not believe there was any intent on the part of Suh, the former Nebraska standout, to injure Delhomme. Mangini was impressed with Suh during Cleveland's predraft evaluations.

"When I met the kid, he was a good kid," Mangini said. "I don't think he's a malicious guy, from what I know about him. It was just a poor decision."

Mangini would not say if he felt Suh should have been ejected.

"It put the quarterback at risk, but I'm not the official," Mangini said. "You don't want to see that at any point, but my experience with him in the draft process is that he's a good kid and it was just not a great decision."

Delhomme, too, said he would leave any discipline up to others.

"I'll let the league office handle that," Delhomme said with a smile. "We got a first down out of it and that made me happy."

two things:

LMAO at #1.

Haha, please don't tell him!

It's definitely a stupid rule, no argument there. And as mentioned above by a few posters, QBs get way too much protection from the referees in the NFL. Alas, it is what it is and Suh needs to wise up before the league really comes down on him.

sorry i already twittered him (or would it be twat? i do not know the past particle of tweet). i think you are right, i guess i just do not like when people say it was dirty or even out of bounds (scott van pelt said it was "out of bounds", which it was not, it was within the sidelines, he needs to pay more attention to details). it was worth a flag, sure, but it was within the nature of the game. sometimes you tackle (or "throw") a qb and it should be penalized, that is the nature of the game. i am saying it is in the realm of late hits and personal fouls in that regard, but not much worse, if at all.

i see suh's first year ending one of two ways...

1. he redefines the defensive tackle position and causes a shift in the way teams defend against the pass rush.

2. he has a rule named after him.

I wonder what they would call it?

Personal Foul-Suh'ing the Quartberack.

Personal Foul-Given him the Suh.

or maybe..

Suh Foul?

• Fire 1