WKU game

I'm going to say the defense has a "let down" which leads to a week of heated discussions on the board.

NU 52

WKU 23

No way a redshirt freshman led Western Kentucky team that went 0-12 last year scores more points on us than three Sun Belt teams combined, even if our starters are out by the end of the third.

I'm sticking by my prediction. I think we'll have the usual first game miscues and turnovers which will result in some extra points for WKU. And switching among 3 QB's won't help with a new center leading to some exchange problems. Plus, I think our defense will have some issues early this season, but should get on track during the Washington game.

I respect your opinion. More or less, I just don't think WKU will be able to effectively capitalize on our mistakes. It might lead to some points, but I don't think it will lead to 23 of them. Nebraska has only given up more than 20 points in a home opener once in the 2000's, and that was Pelini's first transitional year.

Also, I don't think we will see as much quarterback flip flop as others are predicting. I could be very wrong, but my assumption is that they will not all play equal reps. I could see it being something like 50/25/25 or 40/30/30. I honestly think Lee will be our guy the majority of the game, unless things get out of hand real early for WKU.

I think before long one of the MO's of the Brothers' Pelini defense will be be redzone lockout. Redzone defense was arguably the difference between 9-3 and 6-6 last year. Oklahoma didn't even make it to the redzone. FAU put up big numbers but only scored 3 points. We got outgained yardage wise in 4 of our wins last year. For some reason, the back 7 just went into beast mode closer to the goal line last year, and I don't see that changing a whole lot.

Just curious, if you think WKU is putting 23 on us in week 1 what do you think about Washington in week 3?

Seconded. If he thinks a redshirt freshman can orchestrate 23 points, it makes you wonder what he thinks a potential number one overall draft pick will do. I'm still thinkin WKU doesn't even make it into the end zone.

or redzone, for that matter. however, i could see us play better against UW because we will be so jacked up for that game.

Just curious, if you think WKU is putting 23 on us in week 1 what do you think about Washington in week 3?

Seconded. If he thinks a redshirt freshman can orchestrate 23 points, it makes you wonder what he thinks a potential number one overall draft pick will do. I'm still thinkin WKU doesn't even make it into the end zone.

Asked and answered.