Do you think Bo Pelini needs to be a little nicer and show some respect?

Im really surprised by how most people on this board will allow coaches and players to say and do whatever they please, whenever they please, as long as we win. I'm just curious when our fans took on this attitude because we sure didn't used to have this frame of mind.

what? how is being curt to the media the same as saying and doing whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, as long as he wins?

:facepalm:

So those tantrums during the game and constantly chewing out players and dropping f-bombs is alright?

It's football.

Bo is grooming these young men for the rest of their lives. Talk about setting a good example.

See, I can remove part of what you said and make it look like something different, too!

Youre upset because I removed the part about Charlie McBride being colorful? Give me a break. Have you ever met Charlie? I have, several times. He is one of the nicest, respectful men I have ever met. He might have chewed out some players or torn them down over the years, but he always built them back up when needed. Everything he did was for a purpose. Bo just seems to chew guys out because he feels like it.

Whoa! He banned the media because family members were hearing about an injury from media outlets before coaches were even able to inform Fisher's family of the injury. Not only that, but they were receiving phone calls while he was on the operating table? Wow.....if that's not the most legitimate reason in history to ban the media, then I don't know what is. Secondly, this is football, not patty cake. If you've never seen a coach go nuts, then you've obviously never been part of a football practice. These are young men. They appreciate the passion and the excitement of the Head Coach. It lets them know that he has bought into them as much as they have bought into him. They wouldn't be here if they didn't love it. Which leads to my final point. If you don't like it, you shouldn't be watching the games. I can give you the stats afterward if you can't handle the emotions of the actual game.

I second the nomination for lamest post of the year. So far anyways.......Am I right? LOL.

Im really surprised by how most people on this board will allow coaches and players to say and do whatever they please, whenever they please, as long as we win. I'm just curious when our fans took on this attitude because we sure didn't used to have this frame of mind.

what? how is being curt to the media the same as saying and doing whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, as long as he wins?

So those tantrums during the game and constantly chewing out players and dropping f-bombs is alright?

It's football.

Bo is grooming these young men for the rest of their lives. Talk about setting a good example.

See, I can remove part of what you said and make it look like something different, too!

Youre upset because I removed the part about Charlie McBride being colorful? Give me a break. Have you ever met Charlie? I have, several times. He is one of the nicest, respectful men I have ever met. He might have chewed out some players or torn them down over the years, but he always built them back up when needed. Everything he did was for a purpose. Bo just seems to chew guys out because he feels like it.

There have already been at least 3 people on this thread talking about how players would run through a wall for Bo, so I'll just refer you to their posts.

Does Bo owe it to the press to be more respectful? Alot of people will argue either way.

But Bo will have to realize, when this team struggles or has a mediocre season, the press will absolutely hammer him. All of these guys will remember how disrespectful he has been with them, and how dry he has been in answering their questions. The press will pounce on the opportunity to stick it to him, when they can do it and get away with it.

If Bo can live with knowing the press will turn on him in an instant when he struggles, then he can do whatever he wants. It's his career, and he is the one who will have to deal with whatever happens.

Just wish he would send Carl, Shawn, Barney or anyone else to answer questions on days when he has sand in his vagina. Would do him alot of good and save face a little bit for himself. But that's only my opinion.

It's football.

There have already been at least 3 people on this thread talking about how players would run through a wall for Bo, so I'll just refer you to their posts.

Yippee.....I personally know players on the team, both past and present, who couldn't give a rats a$$ about Bo Pelini and are really tired of his childish displays of behavior during games and more importantly practice.

Does Bo owe it to the press to be more respectful? Alot of people will argue either way.

But Bo will have to realize, when this team struggles or has a mediocre season, the press will absolutely hammer him. All of these guys will remember how disrespectful he has been with them, and how dry he has been in answering their questions. The press will pounce on the opportunity to stick it to him, when they can do it and get away with it.

If Bo can live with knowing the press will turn on him in an instant when he struggles, then he can do whatever he wants. It's his career, and he is the one who will have to deal with whatever happens.

Just wish he would send Carl, Shawn, Barney or anyone else to answer questions on days when he has sand in his vagina. Would do him alot of good and save face a little bit for himself. But that's only my opinion.

This makes me hate the press, not Bo. I agree with you though, that is probably what the media will do. That's why the media blows.

I can live with this philosophy. And I completely agree with sending Shawn, Barney or other assistants to do the pressers.

I'm watching all these interviews and it looks like Pelini needs to take a chill pill and show some more class and respect. With the way he paces the sidelines and talks to media no wonder all these calls are going against us. He also banned the media for three days which is weird and none else does. He seems to make rude or smart comments to the media and seems angry a lot. I just wish he would be a little more friendly. I don't want people to start viewing our program like that as we are very classy and good people and fans here in Nebraska. Hes from Ohio and may not get it. I would just like to know what your thoughts and opinions are on this. Or is it just me that sees this behavior?

Go away troll. If Bo loses 4 games he will not be on the hot seat. Bo banning the media for 3 days is not weird and as a matter of fact Kirk Ferentz at Iowa allows far less media coverage than Bo does even with his 3 day media ban. Bo being from Ohio probably makes him get our culture more than most being it is as blue collar as you can get. You obviously are someone from the outside hoping he gets on the hotseat so you can pluck him away. LSU I predict is your team, so much for Bo not being an important piece to Les Miles' coaching staff.

P.S. Good luck in the SEC this year........and go back to tigerpoop.com

The press are big boys. They know what's going on, and they know what Bo is all about. If he's snippy with them, all the better - they just sell the "Bo is angry" line. If he gives them good info, fine, they run with that story.

Any reporter worth his salt can make a story out of anything Bo gives them, whether that is full access or zero access. When Bo put the clamps on the press, did they stop writing Husker articles? No, they just wrote about the press ban.

I get the whole gist of this thread, and kudos to you for getting two pages out of nothing, but the grown-ups know what's going on. Don't sweat it.

Bo has a job to do and so does the media but the media has shown in the past that they will intentionally ask the same questions over and over only to receive the same answer. I'm sorry but at my job I hear the same questions over and over and over from the same people that you just get to a point and you freak out because you can only repeat yourself so much.

I don't have a problem with the way Bo talks to the media because at times they deserve this type of "tough love". As long as Bo is putting a good product onto the field and winning games I don't care if we get our questions answered as long as its getting results on the field.

Sounds fair. But you are right he needs to win. If we lose 4 games this year he will be on the hot seat.

No. If we're 10-4 again he's not on the hot seat. Especially after the performance of the defense the last few years. He'll get an Osborne pass. As long as he's above 9 wins his job isn't in jeopardy.

This makes me hate the press, not Bo. I agree with you though, that is probably what the media will do. That's why the media blows.

I just sort of see that as the nature of the beast. It's part of the job, and you gotta be able to deal with it. Media's doing their own job too, and they are people after all. They'll be more inclined to write nice things about people who they respect than people who they don't and who treat them like dirt.

Being the HC is more than just taking care of a program at this level; you have to be the face and ambassador of the program.

All told though, we all know which one of those two things is more important to us.

I'm sorry, but you're just making stuff up. If Bo was the jackass that you portray, then why haven't we had massive transfers, and why the hell are kids coming to play here? Maybe because Bo's a little better with his players than you give him credit for?

Boo frickin hoo...

I've seen Bo chew a player out, and 2 plays later, give him a pat on the head and an arm over the shoulder.

This completely stupid talk of why is pelini so mad all the time or he needs to respect the media needs to stop. My God, if anyone got asked the same question three times in a row but in a different way you would be a little annoyed too. Pelini is a fiery guy and we all knew that when he first came here and we've all known that for the last three years and every single freakin year we go through this. He has a way he likes to do things and sticks to those. He does whats best for his team and players and we need to accept that. Would you rather have Pelini talk to the media all nice and perky every single day and win 5 games or would you rather have him stick to what he thinks and win at least 9 games a year? Not to say that if he talks to the media every day we'll lose but he has a vision of how he wants his team to be and he sticks to it. His attitude has rubbed off on the team perfectly and I for one love the fact that our players have a chip on their shoulder and play with an attitude.

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!