Illuminati and the New World Order

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Does anybody know anything about it?

I pretty much boiled it down to the Illuminati are pantheists and paganists who want to achieve God status without supernatural ability (because they don't have it), God status being defined as omniscience (the surveillance state), omnipotence (power by force and debt), and finally omnipresence (the New World Order one world government).

I really don't get any of it. Care to shed light?

Since I dabble in a lot of skeptic world topics, conspiracy theories come up fairly often. The one you're talking about––the Illuminati/NWO––is a popular one, but as far as I can tell, nobody exactly knows what they're talking about, either. Conspiracy theorists all bring a different flavor of crazy salad to the picnic. Generally speaking, what you have is some multi-national organization, sometimes linked to Free Masons or secret societies, that are somehow secretly controlling or attempting to control the world economy, and establish a world government where they will have something like absolute power. Others, like whacko author David Icke, believe that fifth-dimentional reptilian aliens are wearing the skin of human beings and executing an overthrow of human autonomy.

No one can name who these people are, of course, or explain what they're doing or how they're doing it. But like with religion or superstition in general, if you're able to count your hits and ignore your misses, evidence for this is everywhere. It's always "between the lines" of world news. Anything that even presents a minor semblance of plausibility can be worked into this international conspiracy. George Bush was in Yale's Skull and Bones society. So were some other presidents. Many of the founders were free masons. Look at the symbols used on our money. All of this is supposedly evidence of a NWO conspiracy. It may all have perfectly reasonable explanations, but shhh, that's not as flashy.

• Fire 1

Since I dabble in a lot of skeptic world topics, conspiracy theories come up fairly often. The one you're talking about––the Illuminati/NWO––is a popular one, but as far as I can tell, nobody exactly knows what they're talking about, either. Conspiracy theorists all bring a different flavor of crazy salad to the picnic. Generally speaking, what you have is some multi-national organization, sometimes linked to Free Masons or secret societies, that are somehow secretly controlling or attempting to control the world economy, and establish a world government where they will have something like absolute power. Others, like whacko author David Icke, believe that fifth-dimentional reptilian aliens are wearing the skin of human beings and executing an overthrow of human autonomy.

No one can name who these people are, of course, or explain what they're doing or how they're doing it. But like with religion or superstition in general, if you're able to count your hits and ignore your misses, evidence for this is everywhere. It's always "between the lines" of world news. Anything that even presents a minor semblance of plausibility can be worked into this international conspiracy. George Bush was in Yale's Skull and Bones society. So were some other presidents. Many of the founders were free masons. Look at the symbols used on our money. All of this is supposedly evidence of a NWO conspiracy. It may all have perfectly reasonable explanations, but shhh, that's not as flashy.

LOL! That may be the best summation for the Illuminati/NWO I've ever read. +1

There was one video that I watched (my roommate is totally into this) that was all over the map with evidence and originations and it even had the gall to say that the anti-slavery movement was a NWO ploy to gain power.

The thing with conspiracy theories: there's always a step missing. Some leap in logic has to be made. It all sounds perfectly plausible IF you're willing to concede something you don't actually have any evidence for. Like I said, there are a million theories about this NWO. To debunk one you'd have to know what the person is claiming in a pretty good amount of detail. This can be difficult because, as you say, the 'evidence' is all over the place.

The thing with conspiracy theories: there's always a step missing. Some leap in logic has to be made. It all sounds perfectly plausible IF you're willing to concede something you don't actually have any evidence for. Like I said, there are a million theories about this NWO. To debunk one you'd have to know what the person is claiming in a pretty good amount of detail. This can be difficult because, as you say, the 'evidence' is all over the place.

That's the thing that I always have to come too. It's almost a dick tease situation where it builds up and builds up but you never get a conclusive answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RqqGIwCFW8&NR=1

Research the Rothschilds & Rockefellers

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."
— Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father, Third President of the United States, and the principal author of the US Declaration of Independence

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross" Sinclair Lewis was an American novelist, short-story writer, and playwright. In 1930, he became the first writer from the United States to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RqqGIwCFW8&NR=1

Research the Rothschilds & Rockefellers

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."

— Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father, Third President of the United States, and the principal author of the US Declaration of Independence

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross" Sinclair Lewis was an American novelist, short-story writer, and playwright. In 1930, he became the first writer from the United States to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Do those people have anything to do with Pope Gregory? The Knights Templar? The British royal family? What's the connection? And, how has it been able to maintain for over 600 years? I'm gonna say that it hasn't and that you're clutching at straws.

Others, like whacko author David Icke, believe that fifth-dimentional reptilian aliens are wearing the skin of human beings and executing an overthrow of human autonomy.

What an imagination. That guy has a future in being the next great author if he would just stick to fantasy fiction. I'm thinking blockbuster movie.

There are people who are convinced that the NASA moon landings were staged. I read up on all of that a long time ago, and afterwards became convinced that a large number of people are actually completely devoid of intelligence.