College Football Live

Mark my words now! After watching Ne vs Az, and seeing our schedule for this year, i honestly dont see us losing any games! Unless we lose to ourselves by turnovers or fumbles or something stupid. I think the only teams to watch out for and this is my opinion only are Washington because of Locker, and A&M because they are a sleeper team. I think everybody else we beat by 10+ including Tx. If Lee is healthy and even a little better then last year and can create TD drives instead of FG drives, we go 12-0 and play Ohio St in the NC, and win because of ous D. Mark my words!

Two games scare me, Ok St and A&M...

They all scare me after these first two. Iowa St. game proved last year that this/ that offense is more than capable of losing any game at anytime for us. Until I see reason to think otherwise, I'll be worried about every game.

I said earlier that I wish we were rated in the mid teens preseason and were not being talked about as a NC caliber team. Our history of late doesn't predict a legit NC contender. Too much emphasis on the CC and our bowl glosses over many of the weaknesses that were apparent last season. I would prefer to start the season with press that we are a good team, in the top 15 or so and move up slowly. The players will be more hungry and respect every opponent much better if their eyes are not on a NC game in Sept.

I recall Misery a couple years ago coming off a good end of season performance being highly rated and soon falling off the map. I don't remember their preseason ranking but it was too high and the scribes quickly found them over-rated and lost interest after they lost a game or two.

While I am always hopeful of a very successful year, I don't think those pundits putting the big Red on a national. pedestal have thought this thru. No proven QB? Overall a very pedestrian offense. A hope that Crick will be as good as Suh and the other DT position will be as productive as Crick. Best LB graduaed and major disruptions due to injuries there. All of that will put much more pressure on the D backs than last year. While I think we will be good and if things go well can improve during the season, we have too many ?s to be a to 5 team right now.

I think we will lose a couple during the regular season, maybe more and that will disappoint the pundits who put us in a NC mode and cause them to drop us farther in polls than deserved. My hopes for the final big 12 year

1 . Win the. north

2. Win or give a great account of ourselves in the CCG

3. Go to a good bowl and WIN, propelling the program on the upswing in our new coference.

If the Yammerers are right and we end up with a NC I'll be thrilled, but if my take is accurate many of you have set yourself up to be bummed over a good season.

Two games scare me, Ok St and A&M...

They all scare me after these first two. Iowa St. game proved last year that this/ that offense is more than capable of losing any game at anytime for us. Until I see reason to think otherwise, I'll be worried about every game.

I said earlier that I wish we were rated in the mid teens preseason and were not being talked about as a NC caliber team. Our history of late doesn't predict a legit NC contender. Too much emphasis on the CC and our bowl glosses over many of the weaknesses that were apparent last season. I would prefer to start the season with press that we are a good team, in the top 15 or so and move up slowly. The players will be more hungry and respect every opponent much better if their eyes are not on a NC game in Sept.

I recall Misery a couple years ago coming off a good end of season performance being highly rated and soon falling off the map. I don't remember their preseason ranking but it was too high and the scribes quickly found them over-rated and lost interest after they lost a game or two.

While I am always hopeful of a very successful year, I don't think those pundits putting the big Red on a national. pedestal have thought this thru. No proven QB? Overall a very pedestrian offense. A hope that Crick will be as good as Suh and the other DT position will be as productive as Crick. Best LB graduaed and major disruptions due to injuries there. All of that will put much more pressure on the D backs than last year. While I think we will be good and if things go well can improve during the season, we have too many ?s to be a to 5 team right now.

I think we will lose a couple during the regular season, maybe more and that will disappoint the pundits who put us in a NC mode and cause them to drop us farther in polls than deserved. My hopes for the final big 12 year

1 . Win the. north

2. Win or give a great account of ourselves in the CCG

3. Go to a good bowl and WIN, propelling the program on the upswing in our new coference.

If the Yammerers are right and we end up with a NC I'll be thrilled, but if my take is accurate many of you have set yourself up to be bummed over a good season.

Couldn't agree more. I am shocked by all this Championship, undefeated talk. I hope we do too, obviously, but cmon.. We're a team without a proven quality qb and a team that proved it can't pound the ball to compensate for it.

And as much as I love the pep talk from Pelini, there is no way imo this defense is as good as last years.

I'm expecting 3 losses this year. Will be excited with 2. Will be amazed if we lose 1. And will get a pollyana's rule my world tatoo if we win it all.

I just dont see why everyone is picking the sooners :wtf I dont think they will be any better then last year really thoe. I guess everyone must have missed their sun bowl game :spooners they barely beat stanford.

Well the same could be said or us, honestly. Given our quarterback situation and how bad our offense was, a lot of people think we are really overrated.

That said, I think Oklahoma will be pretty good this year. Corso actually picked us to win the Big 12, surprise surprise.

lol, while that's nice, it's hard to imagine anyone seriously picking us until they've at least seen how our offense will do this season.

Same could be said for Ohio St, Oklahoma, etc ;)

I'm not going to bother looking up stats, but I'm willing to bet neither of those teams had offenses like we did last season. People that are picking the Huskers to win it all are really going out on a limb considering how many question marks we've got. Far more than most other teams in that conversation.

Was that before or after he bashed us for being a Right-Leaning state? Robert Smith is a tool bag and I have hated him ever since he started making smarta$$ remarks about Republicans in his shows. I don't remember the specific remarks, but I can remember thinking "I'm watching college football live, not MSNBC".

Him picking us to win the NC shows how stupid he is. While I want us to win every game and think we can, the team just isn't quite there yet. Especially with it looking like we are going with a RS Freshman at QB. 10-2 regular season and a Big 12 Title is the ceiling this year. I hope to be eating crow! GO BIG RED!