Dish HD PPV???

ericks17

Hi everyone! Member for a while just first time posting lol. I have a question, on dishnetwork isn't the game supposed to be in hd? I ordered it on ch 466 but that channel isn't HD. Thank you in advance for anyone's help. Go Big Red!!!

I actually just got off the phone with Dish. They dont offer their PPV sports in HD. I am really pissed. How can they charge $40 and not offer it in HD? Better yet how can anything be PPV and not be in HD?

For $40 I will be going to a bar and spending $40 in beer and watching in HD there.

Hi everyone! Member for a while just first time posting lol. I have a question, on dishnetwork isn't the game supposed to be in hd? I ordered it on ch 466 but that channel isn't HD. Thank you in advance for anyone's help. Go Big Red!!!

I actually just got off the phone with Dish. They dont offer their PPV sports in HD. I am really pissed. How can they charge $40 and not offer it in HD? Better yet how can anything be PPV and not be in HD?

For $40 I will be going to a bar and spending $40 in beer and watching in HD there.

Wow the reason I thought the price was raised to $40 was cause it was going to be offered in HD. This kinda sux then.

Wow the reason I thought the price was raised to $40 was cause it was going to be offered in HD. This kinda sux then.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I checked Directv's site and their lineup is showing it as offered in HD. So Dish is taking the $40 and running with it and getting away with only offering it in SD. What a joke, that should be illegal. We know its being broadcast in HD so it wouldnt take more than a flip of the switch for Dish to offer it in HD, yet they choose not to. I am with the previous poster in dumping Dish if it werent for going to the B10 next year. The only reason I switched back to Dish from Dtv is due to not having to pay extra to get FSN, with Dtv I had to pay extra to get FSN.

That's monopolistic capitalism at its finest for ya baby. When they're the only game in town, you just bend over and ask "May I have another, please?" I figured that they raised the price because the expectations are that we won't suck as bad as what we used to. It would be pretty hard to get people to pop 40 bucks for an unranked Nebraska versus a ranked Nebraska. I just wish that they'd offer these games with a jar of Vaseline. I'm not going to be able to sit down for weeks. I just hope that the mini keg of Newcastles and our QB play eases the pain in my bum.

I have just been reviewing the dish setup. I must say I am pretty disappointed. I was told I could have BTN in California on Dish Network, and now I can't even find that channel number. Anybody outside of the "region" able to get BTN? It's not like I live in the middle east or something, why are they giving us "Regions"????

I have just been reviewing the dish setup. I must say I am pretty disappointed. I was told I could have BTN in California on Dish Network, and now I can't even find that channel number. Anybody outside of the "region" able to get BTN? It's not like I live in the middle east or something, why are they giving us "Regions"????

In Cali you'll need to subscribe to the $7 multi-sports pack, it's the way Dish's contract with the network worked out.

In Cali you'll need to subscribe to the $7 multi-sports pack, it's the way Dish's contract with the network worked out.

OK, that's what the guy told me, but he said if I got the 200 package I didn't have to do that, or maybe I just misunderstood. $7/mo is worth it next year I guess, if that's the case.

OK, that's what the guy told me, but he said if I got the 200 package I didn't have to do that, or maybe I just misunderstood. $7/mo is worth it next year I guess, if that's the case.

Ya we have the top 250 and was told by Dish that next year I would get the big10 network without the extra $7/mo since we would be part of the region. But if I wanted it now I needed to pay $7/mo.

Did anybody order the game on DirecTV? How much was it? Was it in HD?

I have Dish Network and if anybody answered the above questions as yes, yes, and yes, than I'm going to call Dish Network and see if I can get my money back.

My uncle and cousin were in town and I gave them permission to order the game at my house since I was at the game and told them to let me know if it was in HD because it was suppose to be. They informed me that it wasn't so now I'm just waiting to hear from DirecTV customers to answer my 3 questions above.

Did anybody order the game on DirecTV? How much was it? Was it in HD?

I have Dish Network and if anybody answered the above questions as yes, yes, and yes, than I'm going to call Dish Network and see if I can get my money back.

My uncle and cousin were in town and I gave them permission to order the game at my house since I was at the game and told them to let me know if it was in HD because it was suppose to be. They informed me that it wasn't so now I'm just waiting to hear from DirecTV customers to answer my 3 questions above.

yes, yes, yes