Turner Gill?!

sevenyearhawk

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

He'll probably be on Coach Pelini's staff in a few short years ...

Yeah, that was a brutal way to start his BCS coaching career... Still, give him time.

And if he ends up on Pelini's staff in a few short years...? I wouldn't mind that at all (Comparing QB coaches, Watson's had Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, and Zac Lee... Gill taught Frazier, Frost, and Crouch). :blink:

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

No worries sevenyear other DI coaches have dropped their first game to FCS teams. Take Dan Hawkins V Montana (I think); it's all worked out just fine for hi-wait a sec...oh yeah...

I knew it was a mistake the minute he was hired ... Buffalo and the MAC ain't squat.

I've been beating this drum for months - just thought we'd at least beat a I-AA squad.

There's a reason Auburn and you all didn't hire him - that was very obvious Saturday!

I lived in Florida for a few years and all those crazy SEC fans rubbed off on me ...

Kansas should have hired Coach Tommy Tuberville!

Kansas wasn't going to get Tommy Tuberville. That was as crazy as the KU fans who thought they should've gotten Jim Harbaugh from Stanford.

Kansas needed Turner Gill as much for image as they did for football. When you're in the middle of a players-selling-tickets scandal and your previous coach was a tyrant, you need someone like Turner Gill to come in and save the image of the program. You won't find a better guy.

He still has to prove himself as a big-time college football coach. He will. It's just a matter of whether he does it at KU, or if you guys screw yourselves over by firing him before he has a chance, so he just goes and does it somewhere else.

Kansas was a program that went through a brutal program collapse after their BCS run in '07. The defense was not good last year and the offense is now missing the one cog that made it go. Coaches aren't made or broken by one game, or one season. Give Gill the respect and time he deserves. If in year three he drops a game to a flake team, then you get worried. Kansas was in no position to compete for anything this season anyway.

I think you guys just need to give him time. He really has nothing to work with. Losing all your key offensive players on top of having a defense that was one of the worst in the country isn't much go with. It also takes time to transition to a new coaching staff so a bad early loss doesn't mean he's a bust.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

Tough start. Hope that will change.

Keep in mind Pelini's first year we gave up 62 pts to Oklahoma and 52 to Mizzu in losses and lost last year to Iowa St 9-7 at home.