Turner Gill?!

sevenyearhawk

he'll be fine. He's got alot of work to do but he's a gamer.

I don't see Turner competing with the South schools in the little 12 for years to come. He's a great coach in my mind, but I think he'll have a lot of 8-9 win seasons, but never anything more.

It'll be super hard for him to recruit the talent that the southern schools pull from their local neighborhoods.

I don't see Turner competing with the South schools in the little 12 for years to come. He's a great coach in my mind, but I think he'll have a lot of 8-9 win seasons, but never anything more.

It'll be super hard for him to recruit the talent that the southern schools pull from their local neighborhoods.

Don't forget he's a Texan, though...

Yeah, you've got to give a coach 3-5 seasons. Now, sometimes it takes less than that, but in general, that's the time span.

I like KU football, but you guys really don't have that much to work with right now. Still, that loss was not good. If you don't give him the 3-5 seasons, you may toss a coach that could end up being very good for you. The bottom line is you just don't know right now and need to give it time.

Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. But KU isn't a great job (sorry, no offense intended, it's just not) and you can't afford to just rotate through coaches without at least seeing if they'll be good for you over the long haul.

Keep in mind Pelini's first year we gave up 62 pts to Oklahoma and 52 to Mizzu in losses and lost last year to Iowa St 9-7 at home.

NoDak State is Division I-AA and barely removed from being Division TWO!

good lord you'd think they'd be used to sucking by now!

You forget that KANSAS dropped 40 and 76 freaking points on your precious Blackskirts and damned near beat you the last two years?!

Keep in mind Pelini's first year we gave up 62 pts to Oklahoma and 52 to Mizzu in losses and lost last year to Iowa St 9-7 at home.

NoDak State is Division I-AA and barely removed from being Division TWO!

good lord you'd think they'd be used to sucking by now!

You forget that KANSAS dropped 40 and 76 freaking points on your precious Blackskirts and damned near beat you the last two years?!

hey buddy these guys are mostly being nice to you so no need to come on here and start flaming. and for the record, i dont think ANY of us are worried about losing to you THIS year...

hey buddy these guys are mostly being nice to you so no need to come on here and start flaming. and for the record, i dont think ANY of us are worried about losing to you THIS year...

You shouldn't be and this is the only year you'll see us under Gilly.

I seriously doubt we'll ever meet in the Alamo Bowl.

I wonder if any Big X(II) schools will still schedule you, perhaps Oklahoma. Or maybe Iowa State and Colorado - if only for the fat pay checks.

EVERYONE in the country knows that Dr. Tom is too chickensh!t to play Texas.

Good luck in the Big, uh ... just what in the Hell ARE they going to call it?

Don't forget he's a Texan, though...

He may have been born in Texas but smart enough to come to Nebraska. He's one of us in my mind.

You shouldn't be and this is the only year you'll see us under Gilly.

I seriously doubt we'll ever meet in the Alamo Bowl.

I wonder if any Big X(II) schools will still schedule you, perhaps Oklahoma. Or maybe Iowa State and Colorado - if only for the fat pay checks.

EVERYONE in the country knows that Dr. Tom is too chickensh!t to play Texas.

Good luck in the Big, uh ... just what in the Hell ARE they going to call it?

wow, you need to learn a thing or 2 about college football in general. if you are gonna come on a husker board and flame then you should at least know what you are talking about. I would lay down a hundred spot right now saying that Gill will be the coach at KU in 2011 and 2012 at least and he will make it still after Perkins is gone.

come back with a better argument or go home and cry into your blue and red man thong and maybe change your blue and "red" tampon while you are at it. :nutz

I knew it was a mistake the minute he was hired ... Buffalo and the MAC ain't squat.

I've been beating this drum for months - just thought we'd at least beat a I-AA squad.

There's a reason Auburn and you all didn't hire him - that was very obvious Saturday!

I lived in Florida for a few years and all those crazy SEC fans rubbed off on me ...

Kansas should have hired Coach Tommy Tuberville!

I seriously doubt Tuberville would have given KU a second glance...nice try though.