BCS discussion

cHUSKERis

Well I'm gonna get really tired of either a Texas or a Oklahoma (or a Boise State) team getting to the championship every year after we leave. I'm sorry but a one or even two loss SEC or Big 10 team deserves to be in the championship before a no loss Big 12 team.

I mean look at the Big 10 and SEC. They have GOOD teams. You will most likely not get through a season without at least ONE loss. Then look at the Big 12 next year. They've got Texas and Oklahoma, maybe Texas aTm every few years.

The BCS is supposed to put the two best teams against each other at the end of the year, but thats not gonna happen if strength of schedule isn't taken into account. I honestly think that there should be some sort of playoff system in place. That way the actual two best teams will play for the championship.

Well i'm gonna throw this out there, if Boise State runs the table now, and walks thru their conference, then it's time to give em a shot. That time has come in college football. Theyve proved they deserve it in the past, and so did Utah. It's just time.

Boise State either needs to join a real conference, or become an independent and play a real schedule.

Nebraska might lose to Boise State if they played in a bowl game. But that's partially because Nebraska fought through the Big 12. Nebraska has to deal with a season of getting beat up, overcoming injuries, etc etc on a weekly basis. Boise State plays 1 big game like Texas will be, 1 game about like Washington will be, and then a bunch of Western Kentucky's. Of course they'll be able to give any BCS conference team a good shot when they can sit their starters in the 2nd half for 10/12 games in the regular season.

If they were to form an 8 team playoff, I don't even think Boise State would deserve a shot at that over 8 BCS conference teams. Like I said, play a real schedule, then they can play for championships. Until then, forgetaboutit.

• Fire 2

Well i'm gonna throw this out there, if Boise State runs the table now, and walks thru their conference, then it's time to give em a shot. That time has come in college football. Theyve proved they deserve it in the past, and so did Utah. It's just time.

Boise State either needs to join a real conference, or become an independent and play a real schedule.

BCS conference teams. Like I said, play a real schedule, then they can play for championships. Until then, forgetaboutit.

They've been trying to do that, that's the whole reason they joined the mountain west. Unfortunately the mountain west is about to fall apart and so they're right back to where they started. Nobody wants to add them because the school itself isn't very good, and they couldn't ever survive as an independent.

Well I'm gonna get really tired of either a Texas or a Oklahoma (or a Boise State) team getting to the championship every year after we leave. I'm sorry but a one or even two loss SEC or Big 10 team deserves to be in the championship before a no loss Big 12 team.

I mean look at the Big 10 and SEC. They have GOOD teams. You will most likely not get through a season without at least ONE loss. Then look at the Big 12 next year. They've got Texas and Oklahoma, maybe Texas aTm every few years.

The BCS is supposed to put the two best teams against each other at the end of the year, but thats not gonna happen if strength of schedule isn't taken into account. I honestly think that there should be some sort of playoff system in place. That way the actual two best teams will play for the championship.

Strength of schedule doesn't work as well as you would like it to. What if the one or two loss SEC or Big 10 team played a tough schedule, but only won their games by an average of 6ppg, whereas the no-loss Big 12 or Non-AQ Conference team wins all their games by an average of 30ppg? Who's to say who is better? Strength of schedule is surely taken into account in the voters heads, whether consciously or not, and if they feel Boise is deserving (and they know a hell of a lot more than I do) then I say they deserve it.

When Nebraska is good enough to beat Boise State, Nebraskans can whine about this.

And how would you know they're not?

If we can go undefeated, we should get a shot at Boise. Until then, Boise deserves to be ranked ahead of us...I have no problem with that. Boise has been in some big games and has come out on top. We are getting close...like .01 second close! :madash We have to beat Texas this year, no doubt. Our offense can't wake up until the fourth qtr against Mizzou. We need to put other tough opponents down instead of losing (see Va Tech last year). Can't lose to Iowa St. either :facepalm: Yes the AZ whipping and victory over Clemson have been good bowl wins, but we need a Big 12 championship this year! Until we do that, Boise has it on us in recent years so I get the original poster's comments. Boise had everything to lose tonight, but they still won so credit them.

Nebraska might lose to Boise State if they played in a bowl game. But that's partially because Nebraska fought through the Big 12. Nebraska has to deal with a season of getting beat up, overcoming injuries, etc etc on a weekly basis. Boise State plays 1 big game like Texas will be, 1 game about like Washington will be, and then a bunch of Western Kentucky's. Of course they'll be able to give any BCS conference team a good shot when they can sit their starters in the 2nd half for 10/12 games in the regular season.

If they were to form an 8 team playoff, I don't even think Boise State would deserve a shot at that over 8 BCS conference teams. Like I said, play a real schedule, then they can play for championships. Until then, forgetaboutit.

You are quite arrogant. I would bet Boise St. could beat most of the Big 12. I see only texas and maybe oklahoma being close games. I couldn't say for certain we could beat Boise St. Maybe last year when we had Suh. No one wants to play Boise St cause it's not an easy win. No team wants an early loss that might knock them out of the ncg.

You are quite arrogant. I would bet Boise St. could beat most of the Big 12. I see only texas and maybe oklahoma being close games. I couldn't say for certain we could beat Boise St. Maybe last year when we had Suh. No one wants to play Boise St cause it's not an easy win. No team wants an early loss that might knock them out of the ncg.

I agree Boise State can beat most the big 12. buts lets get them in there just to make sure..and put this argument to bed. then we can spend time arguing about something else!

I agree I think we need a playoff. I think Boise has proved that they deserve a shot at a title but it would be nice to have a playoff at the end of the year to confirm that. I'm getting tired of possibly getting the top two teams in the title game at the end of the year with no playoff to provide any confirmation to that.

Boise did look pretty good last night. Too bad they won't be tested again for the rest of the year.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how Va Tech does in the rest of their schedule. The Boise win might not be as impressive if Va Tech goes 7-5.

When Nebraska is good enough to beat Boise State, Nebraskans can whine about this.

And how would you know they're not?

If you look at the two programs and their record of victories against ranked teams over the last few years, it's not even close.

Maybe this current Husker team can beat Boise State. It would be a good game and it certainly wouldn't be an upset if either team won. But Boise State just keeps stepping up to the plate every time they're put on the national stage, and the team that just beat Western Kentucky as it warms up for Idaho and South Dakota State probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone.