Brion Carnes?

The King

I very, very seriously doubt it. Tmart is no Z. Lee.

Your obsession with him is sickening. Tmart wasn't even supposed to get more than a sniff at the QB job 6 months ago, and now you seem to be anointing him like he's the best thing we've ever had. Maybe it won't be Carnes, but maybe it will be Green, but maybe it will be Turner, or maybe it will be Starling, or maybe it will be someone next year, that will overthrow and prove better than TMart.. hell, maybe it will even be LEE this year.

First off - I'm new to the forum but I'm a long time reader. Go Big Red!

Now, more on topic. With all this T-Mart and Cody Green stuff, where does that leave Brion Carnes next year or the year after? I know its all performance based, but I have a feeling Brion Carnes will shock all of us. Which will leave T-Mart and Cody Green as the Zac Lee's of this year. With them both having experience while Brion won't have experience, but he will still have the "wow" or "it" factor.

I feel like Brion Carnes has been lost in the shuffle. I was curious how you all saw this playing out in years to come.

Nailed it. I think he has potential to be the next Frazier and could possibly lead us to a title

Your obsession with him is sickening. Tmart wasn't even supposed to get more than a sniff at the QB job 6 months ago, and now you seem to be anointing him like he's the best thing we've ever had. Maybe it won't be Carnes, but maybe it will be Green, but maybe it will be Turner, or maybe it will be Starling, or maybe it will be someone next year, that will overthrow and prove better than TMart.. hell, maybe it will even be LEE this year.

Well then why don't you just put me on "ignore"?

I think the guy is great....you don't. So what?

First off - I'm new to the forum but I'm a long time reader. Go Big Red!

Now, more on topic. With all this T-Mart and Cody Green stuff, where does that leave Brion Carnes next year or the year after? I know its all performance based, but I have a feeling Brion Carnes will shock all of us. Which will leave T-Mart and Cody Green as the Zac Lee's of this year. With them both having experience while Brion won't have experience, but he will still have the "wow" or "it" factor.

I feel like Brion Carnes has been lost in the shuffle. I was curious how you all saw this playing out in years to come.

Nailed it. I think he has potential to be the next Frazier and could possibly lead us to a title

If Brion can beat out Taylor, C. Green, Jamaal Turner, Bubba Starling, then he will be a stud here. I don't think that NU is going to give him the ball without earning it. Bo and staff are clear that you must compete for your position all the times. That is why a RS Freshman beat out a senior that started 12 games last year. You have to love the fact that they will play the best player at each position. Brion is on the scout team this year and will have a chance to compete next year just like Taylor. GBR!!!

Oh, BROTHER.

Martinez gets his FIRST start, looks admittedly very good, and this is how Huskerboard reacts:

1/3 of the board deems Martinez the next Eric Crouch.

1/3 of the board whines about Zac Lee getting the bench.

1/3 of the board starts anointing Brion Carnes the next Frazier at QB.

Not only is this insane (and hilarious), but it also kind of feels like when we compare modern QBs to legends of the past, race is pretty much the deciding factor... How come Martinez can't be the next Frazier, or Carnes the next Crouch? .... FYI, I'm just kidding around... sorta...

• Fire 1

You can't take criticism well? Find one place, ONE PLACE, where I said I didn't think that TMart looked decent? He looked good for what they let him do. Short passes and running the ball. Against a bad team. I guarantee had Lee got the start and looked "great" you would be calling out how bad WKU is.. just the way it is. It's not the fact that I don't think the guy is great, it's the fact that you are crowning him after one game against a terrible team. What happened last year when people did that? What happened in 2007 when we talked about how good we were after beating a "decent" Nevada team?

It can be said to trust the coaching staff. I agree with that statement. If they thought that Martinez was the guy this past weekend, then they're right. But on that same note, Bo said that he was comfortable with all 3 QB's. That they were all close. That being said, making the statement that Martinez is "no Z Lee" is way off base. Just wish people would take the early season games for what they are.

You can't take criticism well? Find one place, ONE PLACE, where I said I didn't think that TMart looked decent? He looked good for what they let him do. Short passes and running the ball. Against a bad team. I guarantee had Lee got the start and looked "great" you would be calling out how bad WKU is.. just the way it is. It's not the fact that I don't think the guy is great, it's the fact that you are crowning him after one game against a terrible team. What happened last year when people did that? What happened in 2007 when we talked about how good we were after beating a "decent" Nevada team?

It can be said to trust the coaching staff. I agree with that statement. If they thought that Martinez was the guy this past weekend, then they're right. But on that same note, Bo said that he was comfortable with all 3 QB's. That they were all close. That being said, making the statement that Martinez is "no Z Lee" is way off base. Just wish people would take the early season games for what they are.

looks like you calmed down a little. Very good!

1. You can't "guarantee" I would diss Lee if he would have started and ran up anything close to what Tmart did because that is simply not true. Like Lee would run for three TDs averaging 20 ypc with zero turnovers....I would put him down for that? No way.

2. The statement "Tmart is no Z. lee" is an obvious direct answer to this thread's author. I think the talent of Tmart is so high Carnes it's extremely unlikely he'll beat Tmart like Tmart beat Lee (as stated by the author). It's not like I just brought up the subject by myself.

Look compadre', this is a "forum".....we all have different "opinions"....that's what a forum is for. I don't call your posts "sickening" because I disagree with them. Relax and have a beer.....it works for me! :koolaid2:

. It's not the fact that I don't think the guy is great, it's the fact that you are crowning him after one game against a terrible team. What happened last year when people did that? What happened in 2007 when we talked about how good we were after beating a "decent" Nevada team?

Whoa now, I don't think that's entirely accurate

People were crowning him before he took a single freaking snap.

• Fire 1

Brion Carnes reminds me somewhat of Tyrod Taylor.

I don't think that is anything to strive for.

Did you see the BSU-VT game? Tyrod almost won that game despite having almost no running game besides himself and the D giving up big plays and points. Here's his stats:

Pass: 15-22, 185, 2 TD

Rush: 17-73

I know this is a knit pick and off topic but I was so irritated he didn't throw that ball away in the first half and took that sack on 3rd down then their kicker missed the field goal wide right. The yardage made a difference but I guess playmakers sometimes try too hard.