Some good news

ADS

One of the more anticipated announcements for Husker fans appears to be ready to happen for Time Warner subscribers in southeast Nebraska. Time Warner Cable has called a press conference Thursday to announce expansion of their sports service. In the press release, Time Warner says the additions will include Big Ten Network and expansion of ESPN services including both television and online. Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne will be part of the announcement Thursday morning.

Big Ten Network features live coverage of the conference's athletic events including football and basketball in addition to Big Ten related programming and coaches shows. Big Ten football games not seen on ESPN or ABC are generally aired on Big Ten Network, eliminating the need for pay-per-view games like the ones offered in recent years for Husker football.

Article

Its about time!

•Time Warner Cable will announce its plans for the Big Ten Network, ESPN content and more during a press conference at 11 a.m. Thursday at its offices.

In attendance will be Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne.

The cable company recently reached agreements with sports programming providers for television and online services.

The Big Ten Network currently is not available on Time Warner’s lineup. Satellite services DISH and DirecTV both carry the sports network.

Last week, Time Warner signed a long-term contract with Disney/ABC Television Group and ESPN.

That deal, which may include local TWC systems, provides for:

-- The addition of ESPN3.com, ESPN’s live sports broadband network, which will be available to TWC subscribers who get ESPN.

-- A new service, developed by Time Warner, called ESPN Goal Line, a superhighlight channel available to TWC sports tier subscribers.

-- Access to a new service, which will allow Time Warner subscribers to watch ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU though their broadband services as well as mobile Internet devices.

The deal also calls for a video-on-demand service for ABC and Disney Channel programming and a subscription service for “Disney Family Movies.”

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/small-screen/television-and-radio/article_0ece43b0-bb83-11df-baf4-001cc4c03286.html

• Fire 1

I assume the online announcement will include ESPN360? That's good news.

Now if I have to pay more for this I'm going to be ticked. It'll be a happy day in knapplc-land when they allow us to choose our cable channels a la carte instead of in tiers. I have no use for C-SPAN or any of those ridiculous home shopping channels.

I assume the online announcement will include ESPN360? That's good news.

Now if I have to pay more for this I'm going to be ticked. It'll be a happy day in knapplc-land when they allow us to choose our cable channels a la carte instead of in tiers. I have no use for C-SPAN or any of those ridiculous home shopping channels.

I said to myself when we went to the BigTen, I will pay 20 bucks more a month for the Big Ten network. I believe somebody heard me and added more crap to crank it up to 30 bucks.

FYI... can we get a thread merge, I posted this over in Conference Expansion, but aspeedlin beat me to it.thanks

In my area, we still have to have DirecTV or Dish to get the BTN. It's supposed to be "coming soon."

I'd like to know when BTN will be available on dish too. Got tired of TWC's ridiculous pricing and switched this summer.

I'm in Denver and the Dishnetwork customer service told me that for the foreseeable future the only way to get BTN is to add the sports package with a minimum of the 120+ package. That's an extra $6/month (I think that cost is correct, been awhile since I called). Those of you in Nebraska, it will probably get added as part of 120+ packages like it is in B10 region right now.

•Time Warner Cable will announce its plans for the Big Ten Network, ESPN content and more during a press conference at 11 a.m. Thursday at its offices.

In attendance will be Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne.

The cable company recently reached agreements with sports programming providers for television and online services.

The Big Ten Network currently is not available on Time Warner’s lineup. Satellite services DISH and DirecTV both carry the sports network.

Last week, Time Warner signed a long-term contract with Disney/ABC Television Group and ESPN.

That deal, which may include local TWC systems, provides for:

-- The addition of ESPN3.com, ESPN’s live sports broadband network, which will be available to TWC subscribers who get ESPN.

-- A new service, developed by Time Warner, called ESPN Goal Line, a superhighlight channel available to TWC sports tier subscribers.

-- Access to a new service, which will allow Time Warner subscribers to watch ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU though their broadband services as well as mobile Internet devices.

The deal also calls for a video-on-demand service for ABC and Disney Channel programming and a subscription service for “Disney Family Movies.”

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/small-screen/television-and-radio/article_0ece43b0-bb83-11df-baf4-001cc4c03286.html

good find sir.