does anyone else see this??

If Taylor keeps a firm grasp on the qb position for the next say 3 or 4 years,(Ik it is very very early to predict anything like that) does anyone else see the possibility of Cody green making a switch to play WR to get some PT. I personally think its possible he is a very good athlete and i would rather see him switch positions and see some PT instead of transfering. Im not saying switch him tommorow. But maybe its something to think about after this year if Martinez has a good year and holds a firm grasp on the Qb spot. With Carnes, and our two (possible 1) incoming Qb recuits. we would have good Qb depth. Just throwing this out there for your guys thoughts? GBR

If Taylor keeps a firm grasp on the qb position for the next say 3 or 4 years,(Ik it is very very early to predict anything like that) does anyone else see the possibility of Cody green making a switch to play WR to get some PT. I personally think its possible he is a very good athlete and i would rather see him switch positions and see some PT instead of transfering. Im not saying switch him tommorow. But maybe its something to think about after this year if Martinez has a good year and holds a firm grasp on the Qb spot. With Carnes, and our two (possible 1) incoming Qb recuits. we would have good Qb depth. Just throwing this out there for your guys thoughts? GBR

They might find a few plays to implement to get him in the game, but I think it's a little late in the game, at least for this season, to move him. And keep in mind, especially the way the injury bug has hit NU, he's a hit away from going in. Could he do it down the road? Yes, but I think it'd be because he requested it. Will it happen? Hard to say. I was impressed with T-Mart, but keep in mind it was one game against a very inferior opponent. I think that's why the QB situation isn't cemented in stone by a longshot yet.

I've thought about this too... If Martinez becomes the guy, which I think he could, and we can maintain a lot of depth at QB without Green, I'd definitely be open to it. If for no other reason than the fact that McNeil, Paul, and Kinnie are all gone after this year... It's gonna be like 2009 all over again, when we lost Swift and Pederson... Not looking forward to that, especially with the schedule we have next year.

Green's athletic, and he's got the frame. I'd be at least intrigued by a move to WR, though certainly right now it seems he should be at QB.

Edit: My bad, Kinnie's actually a junior. So at least we'll have him back.

Kinnie's not gone after this year unless he wants to leave, still a junior. That and I expect that there's not going to be as big a drop off from when Swift and Peterson left. Enunwa played some good minutes and we have a number of other young guys who could contribute this year and get some experience. And I believe our cupboard is more stocked than it was last year compared to next year.

Kinnie's not gone after this year unless he wants to leave, still a junior. That and I expect that there's not going to be as big a drop off from when Swift and Peterson left. Enunwa played some good minutes and we have a number of other young guys who could contribute this year and get some experience. And I believe our cupboard is more stocked than it was last year compared to next year.

Don't forget we'll be getting George Farmer too. :facepalm:

Don't forget we'll be getting George Farmer too. :facepalm:

LOL! I went on Rivals100.com as soon as I saw that in the status box.

he will transfer.

Cody isn't transferring. Especially when he only has 2 years of eligibility. He is a competitor and a team player. Read his post game quotes. He more excited for Taylor's play and the team's play Saturday than his own.

We've discussed this 100 times on this forum. The answer is always the same. Nothing points to Cody transferring or switching positions. He is far too important as a back up the next 3 years to switch his position and he sure as hell isn't transferring.

For those who know Cody he loves Nebraska and the fall weather. He spends a lot of his summer fishing and a fair amount of his fall hunting. He has made more than his fair share of friends on the team and on campus here and I just don't see someone with his personality changing programs. He has completely bought into this program. Not happening.

My guess is Cody would do whatever's best for the team. I really like Bubba Starlings attitude, already saying that he would play WR if he had to. Of course he has BB to fall back on, but its good to hear these guys are at least saying the right things. I'm excited to see the future competition between T-Mart and Jamal Turner.