does anyone else see this??

Cody is just in his second year in the program right now. Things can change after a while if he's starting down the last years of his career and the starting job is nowhere in sight. That's not a reflection of his character at all and I'm not predicting it will happen. Just saying that things could change.

Yes, this, in my opinion, is a carbon copy of the Colt McCoy and (IDK his first name) Chiles situation at Texas. Chiles is a pretty good receiver now and has much the same build as Green. Almost the same situation that they had since the QB that has taken hold at Nebraska is from the same class as the second option QB and the ladder was supposed to be the better of the two.

• Fire 1

My guess is Cody would do whatever's best for the team. I really like Bubba Starlings attitude, already saying that he would play WR if he had to. Of course he has BB to fall back on, but its good to hear these guys are at least saying the right things. I'm excited to see the future competition between T-Mart and Jamal Turner.

Starling would probably say he'd line up defensive tackle at this point. I'd love to have him, but he's pretty much Code: Carl Crawford.

Like others have said, Cody knows he's only a snap away from going into the game and possibly starting the rest of the year. He's got too much talent at QB to move him to WR/TE. I still think he'll end up starting at QB for Nebraska before it's all said and done, whether it happens this year or two years from now, I think it will happen.

Wow unbelievable. Can't believe this thread got legs. Cody is a QB. Why wouldn't he be a QB? He was recruited to run this style of offense. Not only that but there is some undertone that he does not fit the part. This kid is a good QB at that. Big, tough, can both run and throw very well.

Wow unbelievable. Can't believe this thread got legs. Cody is a QB. Why wouldn't he be a QB? He was recruited to run this style of offense. Not only that but there is some undertone that he does not fit the part. This kid is a good QB at that. Big, tough, can both run and throw very well.

I concur, I can't believe this thread got as far as it did. Cody will be a great QB, he is developing well and will see significant play time in his career. Maybe not as a starter but a contributor either way.

I concur, I can't believe this thread got as far as it did. Cody will be a great QB, he is developing well and will see significant play time in his career. Maybe not as a starter but a contributor either way.

It's not that I think that he's not a good QB, and it's not that I think he doesn't fit the part. I do think he's a good QB, I thought he looked very good the other night.

However, you always want to try to get your best players on the field. Bobby Newcombe was a QB, but was too valuable of an athlete to sit on the sideline, so they moved him to WR (Both Solich AND Osborne did this).

I don't think this thread has much to do with Cody not being a good enough player. This thread is about him being such a good player, and such a good athlete, that you want to think creatively and try to get him on the field one way or another. That's my opinion, anyways.

First off, I agree he has developed well as a QB ... and who knows ... he might be our starter some time in the future, whether it be that Martinez falters some or gets injured. But Green has adequate speed for a QB, but perhaps not enough as a WR. Perhaps a TE with his size, but I am far from giving up on him being a QB.