Denard Robinson where Tmart could be?

WYHusk

Robinson is a freak athlete. The dude can flat out run and his arm looks to be pretty damn good too.

One thing I like about Martinez is the way he fakes the hand offs during the zone read. I usually have no idea who has the ball. I'm not sure what he does differently, but I usually can't really tell who has the ball. Apparently defenses can't either.

Robinson is a freak athlete. The dude can flat out run and his arm looks to be pretty damn good too.

One thing I like about Martinez is the way he fakes the hand offs during the zone read. I usually have no idea who has the ball. I'm not sure what he does differently, but I usually can't really tell who has the ball. Apparently defenses can't either.

I've noticed this as well. There have been a few times where I thought Helu/Burkhead had the ball when Martinez really did. His first rushing touchdown of the game last week was a perfect example: I had no idea he had the ball until he was into the secondary.

Let's not lose our minds over Robinson quite yet. Yes, he leads Div1A in total yards, but we are only two games into the season - two games in which he's had to play all four quarters. Martinez, by comparison, has only played maybe 2/3 of our snaps at this point.

Both are good players, both will have impressive stats at the end of the season, but at this point we're a little too early in the season to go crazy over these guys.

I will say this - Martinez has more yards per play than Robinson: 9.92 for TMart compared to 7.44 for Robinson. Again, it doesn't mean much this early in the season.

I've noticed this as well. There have been a few times where I thought Helu/Burkhead had the ball when Martinez really did. His first rushing touchdown of the game last week was a perfect example: I had no idea he had the ball until he was into the secondary.

Whew! I thought is was just me and my eyes were getting bad! Glad to see that was not the case!

Let's not lose our minds over Robinson quite yet. Yes, he leads Div1A in total yards, but we are only two games into the season - two games in which he's had to play all four quarters. Martinez, by comparison, has only played maybe 2/3 of our snaps at this point.

Both are good players, both will have impressive stats at the end of the season, but at this point we're a little too early in the season to go crazy over these guys.

I will say this - Martinez has more yards per play than Robinson: 9.92 for TMart compared to 7.44 for Robinson. Again, it doesn't mean much this early in the season.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Both players are very explosive. But it's way too early to make this comparison. Let's see how T-Mart does against Washington, UT, KSU, MU, OSU, and perhaps even OU. How successful will Robinson be against OSU and other Big 10 foes? We have a lot of season left.

The big advantage for Martinez is the emphasis on detail by him and the backs. The fakes on them read plays, and carrying out of the fakes by both taylor and the rex/roy/dontrey. are incredibly. On Taylor's first touchdown run, BOTH the lb and de crashed down on Roy, while it seemed like the rest of d were already corraling on him. by the time they figured out taylor had the ball, it was too late. I dont care how good or fast of a defense you have, when our guys are playing and carrying out fakes like that, no one's gonna stop it when they have to sit to figure out who has the ball, or guess at who has the ball.

I showed a friend the highlight of Taylor's 67 yard run. He swore up and down that ball was given to the RB. I had to rewind it a couple times and point out Taylor was number 3 and our QB. My buddy was extremely buzzed but you get my point. Taylor does a great job on hiding the ball and then exploding through the open hole.

Thank you so very much for posting that. Sooooo glad to know I'm not the only nimrod who can't follow the ball. I thought T. Gill was the best at that......once again, I'm wrong.

Thank you do very much for posting that. Sooooo glad to know I'm not the only nimrod who can't follow the ball. I thought T. Gill was the best at that......once again, I'm wrong.

Turner fooled so many cameramen with that ball fake, putting it on his hip on play-action. He just stood there for a second watching the RB, then pulled the ball up and ripped it. Thing of beauty. :thumbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_xePqfTAi8

2010 season through 2 games he has 885 total yards. He has more total yards than 88 D1-A teams.

1. I'd wager that Idaho is a better team than Notre Dame

2. Robinson has been impressive in 2 games. However, I'm not sold on him until he does it in conference play (same with Martinez, for that matter).

3. Just watching that video, and eyeballing it, I still just think both teams look kind of slow. And I don't think Robinson looks as fast as Martinez. It's not scientific or anything, but that's what I see... We'll see more when each team plays against some more speed in conference play...

Here's some Martinez video to compare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb671XwyCYU

2010 season through 2 games he has 885 total yards. He has more total yards than 88 D1-A teams.

or tate forcier is forced to finish the season.

tate is 3rd string. he even had the wings taken off his helmet during summer camp. a true freshmen by the name of Devin Gardner is Denard's backup. he's pretty much a terrelle pryor clone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxrkPoGjCFY