Locker as fast as Martinez

This seatle times article starts off:

"Nebraska's Taylor Martinez, several Washington defenders said Monday, may be the fastest quarterback they've ever faced.

Except, of course, for the guy they see every day, Jake Locker. Or maybe backup Keith Price, also a good runner."

Locker moves decently... but if the Washington defenders are expecting Martinez to run the same way, well, they may be in for a rude awakening the first time they watch #3 coast into the endzone

link

Jake Locker is seriously fast, just not nearly as quick. Guy has 4.4 speed.

he is fast, yes. but it takes him a lot longer to get through the hole and up to top gear. taylor is in top gear as soon as he decides to go, completely different to defend. also, later in the article the players say it's diffent practicing because they aren't allowed to tackle the quarterback... touching a quarterback in practice and taking him down in a game are just a little different. you can bet bo's D will know how to tackle locker if he takes off

Jake Locker is seriously fast, just not nearly as quick. Guy has 4.4 speed.

he is fast, yes. but it takes him a lot longer to get through the hole and up to top gear. taylor is in top gear as soon as he decides to go, completely different to defend. also, later in the article the players say it's diffent practicing because they aren't allowed to tackle the quarterback... touching a quarterback in practice and taking him down in a game are just a little different. you can bet bo's D will know how to tackle locker if he takes off

Great point. And with that lack of experience actually taking down a fast-moving QB, they're gonna have a terrible time trying to take Martinez down. Not only is Martinez faster and quicker, he's a tough runner who only goes down when you hit him square, which is quite a rarity given his elusiveness. I can't wait to see him face a Pac10 foe. This is gonna be good.

I'm hoping this is only the beginning of the smack talk we hear from Washington this week. As if Bo needed any help getting his players fired up.

who is more challenged by that? martinez being challenged to be the fastest qb on the field, or the defense to contain locker?

Whoever reads it, decides to take it personally, and comes out onto the field Saturday with a chip on their shoulder.

Here are the only "who's faster" questions that are going to matter this Saturday:

Who's faster, Jake Locker, or the Blackshirts?

Who's faster, Taylor Martinez or UDub's defense?

nope, i heard the tiebreaker would be a wipeout style race. i guess you mean there will not be a tiebreaker since we win by 17 points.

Here are the only "who's faster" questions that are going to matter this Saturday:

Who's faster, Jake Locker, or the Blackshirts?

Who's faster, Taylor Martinez or UDub's defense?

That's a good way of putting it! We know the answer to both and they're going to find out (the hard way).

The highlight above was UA and they beat Washington last year and Washington had Locker. We now have a Locker type QB and last year we didn't have a Locker type QB and beat the wholly hell out of UA. When I say Locker type, I mean 4.4 guys with moves. This is going to be fun on Saturday.

Is it a 2:30 pm CST start time?