Sellout Streak

on a serious note, the athletic dept. does have a strong way to 'prime the pump' if serious thoughts of not selling out would start to creep in - adjust the donation amount associated with season tickets. just like the federal reserve in setting the interest rate.

come to think of it, never mind...

Need to learn to laugh bro

Hard to laugh when guys are making fun of you. Anyway, my question should have been How does the sellout streak work, who keeps track of it, do they just take our word?

So i guess they just take our word for it huh? Interesting. So if it wasnt for scalpers?

My guess is there has to be some official way of reporting the games we sell out. But the scalpers get hold of tickets that have already been sold.

Either way, I'm sure the NCAA just says "O.K. looks legit" and marks it down.

Hard to laugh when guys are making fun of you. Anyway, my question should have been How does the sellout streak work, who keeps track of it, do they just take our word?

So i guess they just take our word for it huh? Interesting. So if it wasnt for scalpers?

"Scalpers" is such a harsh word. Most of the time, it's "Ticket Brokers" who buy up a bunch of tickets all at once then re-sell them for a profit. Not sure how that's different from scalping but it's legal.

It makes sense to assume that if the athletic department has no tickets to sell, the game is sold out. Who cares if scalpers have them? The tickets are still sold.

My guess is there has to be some official way of reporting the games we sell out. But the scalpers get hold of tickets that have already been sold.

Either way, I'm sure the NCAA just says "O.K. looks legit" and marks it down.

Not to cause trouble but dont you think thats what they told Reggie Bush. :LOLtartar

My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

The only thing anyone cares about is if the tickets are sold.

Well im sorry then if i misunderstood...it seemd like i was being attacked and went into defensive mode. My initial post wasnt very clear (this is my first topic)...but it wasnt what i was trying to say at all. My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

Can they NCAA do what?

The only reason the NCAA would get involved is if they thought players were illegal scalping tickets or something like that. I really don't think the NCAA cares about what we're selling our tickets for or anything like that, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Ok so your saying its our sellout streak based off our numbers and no one will question it? Honest question...i honestly dont know how that works...Only became a big time NE fan a few years ago when i moved from SD so go easy on me fellas.

knappics answer is the correct one. I dont know if the NCAA watches it or not, but the stadium is sold out. Attendance is different, they count everyone in the stadium, including media, guests, players (yes really) vendors, etc. If the NCAA came in and asked where are the 5000 tickets they can show a receipt for them, they have been sold, even though they didn't show, UNL has been paid.

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

What would we need for a true sellout?

I'm going to assume he wants everyone with a ticket to show up for the game. If that's the case, the list of sellout streaks is probably non-existent. Notre Dame is 2nd to us in consecutive sellouts and I'm pretty sure they haven't had every ticket holder show up to every game during that streak. That's unrealistic.

Regardless, its a SELLOUT STREAK, not a fill your stadium to maximum capacity streak......

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

If visiting teams don't sell their full allotment of tickets, there's a huge band of merry Husker Fans who are waiting and willing to gobble em up.

You might have a legitimate argument if other schools counted "sellouts" differently, but they don't. In fact, I believe the Huskers count a "sellout" the same way every sporting event, pro or college, counts them: solely on the number of tickets sold.