Sellout Streak

Good entertainment today!

If you need any other proof about what a sellout is (and I know all but one person does not), NFL games are blacked out locally unless they are sold out. The B****** is lifted once all tickets are sold. They do not go around the stadium and make sure there aren't a bunch of scalpers selling tickets and then lift the B****** if they don't find any.

I do remember stories of the sellout being in danger in the early 90s. We had a couple of down years, and I think visiting teams returned some tickets that weren't snapped up. IIRC, a couple of times a bank bought up the remaining tickets. I don't recall the source so I don't know if this is really true. Anyone else remember?

I remember that, there was some chew over a booster or bank buying a few hundred tickets then no one sitting there or something.... and I want to say the University gave a bunch to JDRF, or the Red cross and they didn't use them... Late 80s early 90s maybe

But you have to realize. This is the most anticipated season Nebraska has had for many years. Questioning its sellout streak now, in the midst of a potential national title run just doesn't make any sense. I think the streak has gotten so long that even if it were in jeopardy, the powers at be would figure out a way to still get them sold and maintain the streak.

I understand that.... i should have worded my post differently, i obviosuly know that the games will be sold out and our streak will not end. I should have know wording it that way that it would send some people into melt down mode. I know all about the scalpers and the tickets are "sold" thats common sense and its been so long they would give the tickets for a dollar to sell them out.

So why are they so worried about it ending if they add seats? If they do what it takes to sell it out why is it going to matter if we add 10k seats...the scalpers with have the tickets so they are "sold"

Never mind. Thought you said Addison Mode :horns

You didn't hear, we are moving the stadium to another solar system before that happens

Well... technically, there is no other solar system. "Solar system" is the proper name for the star system in which the Earth is located. (Solar = The Sun, our particular star). There are other star systems, of course.

This is important to clarify, because I wouldn't want to botch the plans for Memorial Stadium relocation. How embarrassing would it be if our sellout streak ended because of such a simple mistake!?!

(Sorry; just really wanted to get in on this super awesome thread.)

So now your calling me stupid huh? I see your point, but YOU are not seeing my point! I don't care what you or anyone else say, I am correct.

P.S. I hope you get sucked up by a black hole on your way to the new stadium... :LOLtartar

any other definition of sellout than the one all of america, except you, use would not make sense because it would be a fiction. no event has ever reached maximum occupancy, it is just not possible.

But that's the crazy thing about this - he's already provided an acceptable caveat: If you intended to go to the game but could not (for whatever reason), that doesn't count against the sellout.

So for a sellout to exist:

1. The University must sell every ticket
  2. Everyone who sells a ticket aftermarket must also sell every ticket
  3. Everyone who bought a ticket from the University and/or an aftermarket source must attend

BUT

1. If you wanted to attend but could not, that doesn't count.

I don't know why you guys are having trouble with this. Makes perfect sense to me.

Soooo...if you planned on showing up but could not so instead decided to sell your ticket, does that screw up our sell-out?

What about recruits that get free tickets to the game? Those who get comp tickets? If the ticket wasn't sold, no sell out.

Or what if I buy a ticket and give it to a friend without selling it?

Same principle.

Geez, how were we duped into having a sellout streak? Did we as fans sell out to have a sell out streak?

Having broken four bones and three fingers on my left hand I'm clapping but not with both hands. Does that count as a clap or a no clap?

Well done. This thread is very koan-like. "If we redefine 'sellout' at will, when can the sellout streak begin or end?"

I couldn't find the Simpsons clip on youtube, so this will do:

Lisa: I want you to shut off the logical part of your mind.

Bart: Okay.

Lisa: Embrace nothingness.

Bart: You got it.

Lisa: Become like an uncarved stone.

Bart: Done.

Lisa: Bart, you're just pretending to know what I'm talking about!

Bart: True.

Lisa: Well, it's very frustrating!

Bart: I'll bet.

Lisa: What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Bart: Piece of cake. [claps with one hand, fingers to palm]

Lisa: No, Bart, it's a 3000-year-old riddle with no answer.

It's supposed to clear your mind of conscious thought.

Bart: No answer? Lisa, listen up! [claps with one hand]

Not really. It hurt like hell.