Sellout Streak

Yep im running around going crazy...yep im sure im the only one that feels that way because 10 guys on here dont agree or cant see my point. People i understand that its a sellout i get it. I get everything that comes with it.

Plain and simple if it wasnt for scalpers we wouldnt have the steak. If scalping was actually enforced we wouldnt sell out. Sorry.

You can make it 11 who dont agree with you. The fact is if even if it weren't for scalpers the sell out streak. The whole reason scalpers by them in such large numbers is because people are willing to pay above face value for them. Are you trying to argue that if all tickets were sold at face value from the athletic department less would be purchased?

as for the bolded part, I don't know who you mean by we, but if scalpers are giving out steak I wants some.

edit: I liked hb better when crap like this was reserved for the off season

Edited by kansas husker

There are zero general admission tickets to a Husker football game. Every seat in stadium is either a season ticket, faculty ticket, student ticket or ticket that was reserved for visitors. I know there's a waiting list for the first three groups, not sure what happens with unsold tickets in the visitor sections.

As for scalping I'm pretty sure most of them are just season ticket holders, they are not people hoarding tickets to turn a quick buck. If you do the math on how much it cost to get tickets (actual cost + donation required for that section) it would never pan out. For example sections 26 and 6 require donations of $3500 per ticket, 7 homes games means you would need to sell each ticket for over $554 to make a profit. The worst seats in the stadium at the top of the north / south endzone have a donation requirement of $300 ($43 / ticket). On that note, the people complaining about ticket prices aren't figuring in the true price of a ticket (it's not $54). When a season ticket holder sells you a ticket for face value you're getting lucky. Although not everyone views the donation requirement as part of the price of a ticket.

There are zero general admission tickets to a Husker football game. Every seat in stadium is either a season ticket, faculty ticket, student ticket or ticket that was reserved for visitors. I know there's a waiting list for the first three groups, not sure what happens with unsold tickets in the visitor sections.

As for scalping I'm pretty sure most of them are just season ticket holders, they are not people hoarding tickets to turn a quick buck. If you do the math on how much it cost to get tickets (actual cost + donation required for that section) it would never pan out. For example sections 26 and 6 require donations of $3500 per ticket, 7 homes games means you would need to sell each ticket for over $554 to make a profit. The worst seats in the stadium at the top of the north / south endzone have a donation requirement of $300 ($43 / ticket). On that note, the people complaining about ticket prices aren't figuring in the true price of a ticket (it's not $54). When a season ticket holder sells you a ticket for face value you're getting lucky. Although not everyone views the donation requirement as part of the price of a ticket.

Except for the fact that student tickets are general admission tickets.

Except for the fact that student tickets are general admission tickets.

The tickets may say general admission, but I believe those are reserved for students, not for the general public

OK, how did this happen. Rock climbing? What were you doing?

Moving rocks to place in our yard. My brothers who were helping me, had the rock and tossed it on the pile just as I moved my hand. The rock landed on my hand breaking four bones and three fingers.

Did you slap him with your good hand?

No - but some day I do plan to urinate on the two if them.

OK, so I am confused. Is the sell out streak still going or did it end? If it ended, did it end before I purchased my 300th sellout T-shirt? If it ended prior to me purchasing my 300th sell out shirt, can I get a refund due to the fact that it was not a sell out? If I can get a refund for my 300th sell out tshirt not really being a 300th sell out tshirt, do I get a reimbursement for the purchase price? Or, does the price fluxuate because of normal wear and tear? Or, do I get more money on the refund because the 300th sell out tshirt was sold to me under false pretenses?

I just cant seem to get my head around the fact that even though ALL of the tickets were sold, there have actually been no sell outs. Does that sound like any one we know on here?

I came home after lunch yesterday to play Halo Reach, so I haven't checked in the forum for a while. I'm so proud.... IM SOOO PROOOUUUUDDDDDD that this thread is still alive!

In honor of our awesomeness, I think you should do a HB movie clip :LOLtartar

You let me know what you want and I'll deliver