Sellout Streak

But maybe just maybe it will sneak up on us (for a game like SDSU) and the count comes in really low...but all tickets are sold...still a sellout but only 90% showed up. I think people would question that. Just saying

This should get it to 10 pages.

This thread was on life support.... and now the OP is back! And with some fresh material! What a comeback story!

Welcome back. This thread has been a truly epic experience for all of us. And I have you, fine sir, to thank.

Im not reading all 7 pages but i will interject my opinion. For a long time i wondered about the sellout streak. It seemed to me at the time that sellout was when there wasnt an empty seat in the house. To me if you sold out all seats or at least 99% of all seats would be filled. Instead the stadium is sold out because every ticket is sold but that doesnt guarantee a butt is going to be sitting there. Its kinda like a dirty little half truth if you ask me. Yes im happy that all our tickets get sold. But how do you feel that the 300 sellout streak is one of the great highlights of our program, but in actuality not all seats are filled. That was what HuskerFowler (RIP) was getting at. It was his opinion and sorta mine that if you have a passionate fanbase that everyone would be diggin there claws to get into the stadium. I dont know how places like Penn State or Michigan do it, maybe its the same way. At least thats what i always thought how it worked when i heard sellout. Which is why i also thought it was impossible to get into the stadium for a game ever because hey everyone wants a ticket. I got my tickets for 20 bucks each last year so i know that guy had 1 extra ticket before kickoff. Call it what you want i guess, this thread has gone off the scale. Let the sellout continue and GBR.

I cant believe i came back and this was still up...WOW i cant believe how much time guys spend on here...anyway...

kinda what i was trying to say, just got really defensive and arguementative and didnt post very intelligently.. But some guys blew it way out of proportion as well. Im not going to read the last 4 pages of guys making fun of me. Some posters just didnt get it after i repeated over and over some one else would jump in and say the same stupid thing. " So if one person doesnt show up its not a sell out" :facepalm:

Of course i want our sell out streak to stay in tact and of course i know a sell out means all the tickets SOLD and of course i wouldnt want our sellout sreak to end if one seat was empty. I know thats how it works everywhere..im not 10.

Heres what a non sell out would be TO ME. If a certain percentage of fans dont show up for a "sellout" then it should be in question. Im not going to look up the max capacity everyone can use google, but from the games i have been to we are usually around 85k. So say if only 95 or some predetermined % doesnt show up i think it should be in question. Thats all im saying. Everyone try and think logically and imagine it doesnt have anything to do with the Huskers for second.

Again so theres no confusion i understand...ticket brokers..sold out..sell out...maximum capacity...tickets purchased...sold...ticket master...stubhub...and all that means...thats non what im saying at all. Common sense tells me that if there are still tickets available from a "broker" who i view as a middle man, then maybe it should be in question. And for the record im talking THOUSANDS of tickets guys.....not 10 15 or a hundred....a few thousand...enough to take max capacity down to 97 or 95% whatever.

If you can sit there for the SDSU game when the official count comes in and it reads 79,743 and its the 307 straight sellout, something doesnt add up. NOT saying that is going to happen for SDSU....just thinking logically. Its kind of like breaking a window as a kid and having enough of a moral obligation to do the right thing. All i know as if it was my personal record and i got it an "ify" way then i couldnt accept that, but thats me.

Again try not and think of it from a Husker fan point of few, and how im a troll and im trying to ruin the Huskers or something...really the Huskers have nothing to do with it, they just happen to be the example in this case, and it so happens we have the most sell outs in history so its a darn good example. I know our fans our the best and there are ALWAYS people that would want the tickets, and we will always be, and will always do what it takes to sell out.

But maybe just maybe it will sneak up on us (for a game like SDSU) and the count comes in really low...but all tickets are sold...still a sellout but only 90% showed up. I think people would question that. Just saying

Please tell me how you could possibly measure this? Intention, or car wreck, one counts one doesn't... Yes this one has gotten out of control, I just dont know how you could possibly measure this the way you say.... All tickets sold=sell out.. End of sentence, I see where you are coming from but it is not realistic....

Man that guy is trolling the sh#t out of you guys!

Im not reading all 7 pages but i will interject my opinion. For a long time i wondered about the sellout streak. It seemed to me at the time that sellout was when there wasnt an empty seat in the house. To me if you sold out all seats or at least 99% of all seats would be filled. Instead the stadium is sold out because every ticket is sold but that doesnt guarantee a butt is going to be sitting there. Its kinda like a dirty little half truth if you ask me. Yes im happy that all our tickets get sold. But how do you feel that the 300 sellout streak is one of the great highlights of our program, but in actuality not all seats are filled. That was what HuskerFowler (RIP) was getting at. It was his opinion and sorta mine that if you have a passionate fanbase that everyone would be diggin there claws to get into the stadium. I dont know how places like Penn State or Michigan do it, maybe its the same way. At least thats what i always thought how it worked when i heard sellout. Which is why i also thought it was impossible to get into the stadium for a game ever because hey everyone wants a ticket. I got my tickets for 20 bucks each last year so i know that guy had 1 extra ticket before kickoff. Call it what you want i guess, this thread has gone off the scale. Let the sellout continue and GBR.

I cant believe i came back and this was still up...WOW i cant believe how much time guys spend on here...anyway...

kinda what i was trying to say, just got really defensive and arguementative and didnt post very intelligently.. But some guys blew it way out of proportion as well. Im not going to read the last 4 pages of guys making fun of me. Some posters just didnt get it after i repeated over and over some one else would jump in and say the same stupid thing. " So if one person doesnt show up its not a sell out" :facepalm:

Of course i want our sell out streak to stay in tact and of course i know a sell out means all the tickets SOLD and of course i wouldnt want our sellout sreak to end if one seat was empty. I know thats how it works everywhere..im not 10.

Heres what a non sell out would be TO ME. If a certain percentage of fans dont show up for a "sellout" then it should be in question. Im not going to look up the max capacity everyone can use google, but from the games i have been to we are usually around 85k. So say if only 95 or some predetermined % doesnt show up i think it should be in question. Thats all im saying. Everyone try and think logically and imagine it doesnt have anything to do with the Huskers for second.

Again so theres no confusion i understand...ticket brokers..sold out..sell out...maximum capacity...tickets purchased...sold...ticket master...stubhub...and all that means...thats non what im saying at all. Common sense tells me that if there are still tickets available from a "broker" who i view as a middle man, then maybe it should be in question. And for the record im talking THOUSANDS of tickets guys.....not 10 15 or a hundred....a few thousand...enough to take max capacity down to 97 or 95% whatever.

If you can sit there for the SDSU game when the official count comes in and it reads 79,743 and its the 307 straight sellout, something doesnt add up. NOT saying that is going to happen for SDSU....just thinking logically. Its kind of like breaking a window as a kid and having enough of a moral obligation to do the right thing. All i know as if it was my personal record and i got it an "ify" way then i couldnt accept that, but thats me.

Again try not and think of it from a Husker fan point of few, and how im a troll and im trying to ruin the Huskers or something...really the Huskers have nothing to do with it, they just happen to be the example in this case, and it so happens we have the most sell outs in history so its a darn good example. I know our fans our the best and there are ALWAYS people that would want the tickets, and we will always be, and will always do what it takes to sell out.

I passed your suggestions over to the University and they have begun the process of ordering a study on the feasibility of doing a feasibility study about your suggestion. They wanted you to know they also think this is a very dire matter. Selling out is serious business, and they are aware it could give the program a serious black eye if anyone outside discovered that sometimes people buy tickets but do not use them. The University prides itself on integrity, and great steps will be taken in the future to make sure that the facts are properly represented.

did i not call that kinnie would be the breakout player of the year? i mean, come on!!! what a stud!!! :throwdabones1:

Nice triple post! Very impressive

huskerboard is too busy. i hit add reply once, and three posts come up. anyway, it deserves three posts. i called it!!! kinnie is the man!!!

edit: i am requesting for huskerboard posters to "plus one" there favorite of my three identical posts. let the "plus one-ing" began so we can find the best of the three.

"Sell out." It means there are no tickets left to be sold. Seems prety easy to understand. When was the last time you sat in Memorial Stadium and didn't touch the people on your right and left? Nuff said

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Hey sometimes I like it when I touch the one next to me, espcially the one on my right, heck some games she ends up on my lap it so full... :wub: