Player: Darien Bryant

Hometown: Pickerington, OH

School: Pickerington North

Position: TE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 215

40 time: 4.53

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Maryland, Duke, Marshall, Nebraska, Air Force, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio, Toledo, Youngstown State

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

Now here's a more realistic TE target rather than Mr. AC Leonard. Probably a lot safer bet acedemic wise as well. Let's get 'em down here.

Now here's a more realistic TE target rather than Mr. AC Leonard. Probably a lot safer bet acedemic wise as well. Let's get 'em down here.

Yea this guy would be a nice addition. However, I think that there are other recruits that are more valuable for the capacity that we have on this years recruiting class. With only ,what, nine available positions left, is he really in your top ten?

Yea this guy would be a nice addition. However, I think that there are other recruits that are more valuable for the capacity that we have on this years recruiting class. With only ,what, nine available positions left, is he really in your top ten?

Probably not, but in order to get another 9-10 kids you are going to have to continue to recruit in the neighborhood of 20.

Probably not, but in order to get another 9-10 kids you are going to have to continue to recruit in the neighborhood of 20.

Agreed. And you are right about him being safer than AC, I'm not that impressed with AC in the first place.

In my top ten? Probably not, however what are the percentages that all ten of those guys sign the dotted line in February? Not that great realistically. Like EZ said, you have to keep going after guys and the staff will continue to do so. Hell we'll probably see 4-8 offers handed out after the season is over.

As for the TE position, it is probably not an immediate need, but think of this. Our three best TE's next year will be a senior(Ryan Hill) and two juniors(Reed and Cotton) after that there isn't a thing. JT Herr is the only other scolly TE and he might have been a reach and may never see the field. I would rather land someone like Bryant, a high school prospect, than take a gamble on a JC TE that can't pass(yes that was a shot at Harper, c'mon it's a JC how can you NOT pass).

Finally, my last bit of why I like going after Darien. What state is he from? Exactly. What conference are we joining next year? Exactly. Which state is probably loaded with the most talent in that said conference? You know it. Connect the dots. Build the inroads. This would be a very good pickup for DONU.

Picked up an offer last night from North Carolina.

Not overly worried about Darien committing to a school that the NC double a$$hole$ will decide to put on probation for supposed "lack of institutional control."

Any word on how Darien's visit went? He said he was looking for a place that had that home feeling. Was Nebraska the home feeling he was looking for?

He loved it from what I have heard.

^ also is trying to graduate at semester. and among his other visits, I have to assume ours will be the most exciting

was his first visit, he loved it and wants to compare it to other places

Could be the next Adjuster, after McNeill leaves.

If I was him I wouldn't want to be the adjuster. We hardly ever use him.

He loved it and he is still planning to take other trips (although nothing is scheduled at the moment). Plans to commit in December.

Glad to hear the kid wants to take his time and make the right decision... Good for him. But our class is filling up, and if he waits too long, he may end up getting Harold Mobley'd out of our class.

He loved it and he is still planning to take other trips (although nothing is scheduled at the moment). Plans to commit in December.

Glad to hear the kid wants to take his time and make the right decision... Good for him. But our class is filling up, and if he waits too long, he may end up getting Harold Mobley'd out of our class.

He wont wait too long. Isn't he making his decision in December? I don't think we will be full by then.

Again after all the crap that is swirling around Chapel Hill and the Tar Heels, can't anyone else see a NCAA Investigation and potential penalties for "lack of institutional control"?

I just really can't see the kid leaving the Midwest, but who knows? :dunno

Until then :snacks:

What a cool new verb. I'll have to use it sometime and have no one know who Harold Mobley is besides Huskerboarders. I do hope he decides before big 12 champ or he could miss out if some DL commits start pouring in.

Insider from HI says we are at 99.5% chance to get Bryant N, but it won't be for a while.

is there some kind of mathematical formula they use to create their 99.5 % chance? I like knowing that we have a good shot at getting recruits, but i never understand why people do this unless Bryant told him this.

Insider from HI says we are at 99.5% chance to get Bryant N, but it won't be for a while.

seems like those guys are more wrong about things than they are right... atleast when it comes to the big time recruits (not always) hence the only inside i rely on now is the recruit himself.......

seems like those guys are more wrong about things than they are right... atleast when it comes to the big time recruits (not always) hence the only inside i rely on now is the recruit himself.......

If epoc is referring to LH, which I think he is, I entirely trust his opinion. The only time I've ever known him to be wrong was with Gabe Lynn, and that was only because of the Oklahoma debacle.

scheduled visits from scout

West Virginia 11/12

North Carolina 11/20

Hawaii 12/4

Yes, Hawaii 12/4. Sounds nice, smart kid.

Except that he's gonna have to fly 5-8 hours every other weekend if he goes there

scheduled visits from scout

West Virginia 11/12

North Carolina 11/20

Hawaii 12/4

Yes, Hawaii 12/4. Sounds nice, smart kid.

Except that he's gonna have to fly 5-8 hours every other weekend if he goes there

dude this kid will be flying all over the world next year if he comes over here to play for UH....

Rustin Louisiana, North Texas, NEw mexico and Idaho which i hear are real real bitches to get too

you go ALLL OVER the world!! you fly 4.5-5 hours just to get to the west coast...... SUCK!!!

Sorry irie, no matter how beautiful your state is, this visit has to be purely recreational for him. Does Hawaii even have TE's on their roster, because I have rarely ever seen them even use them. A lovely warm trip in December from the tropical eden of Ohio, come on.

The kid should be in after he sees through the baby blue picture that Butch paints for him that covers up the impending hammer from the NCAA for lack of institutional control. Hello..... Big Ten we'll be in your backyard kid.

Sorry irie, no matter how beautiful your state is, this visit has to be purely recreational for him. Does Hawaii even have TE's on their roster, because I have rarely ever seen them even use them. A lovely warm trip in December from the tropical eden of Ohio, come on.

The kid should be in after he sees through the baby blue picture that Butch paints for him that covers up the impending hammer from the NCAA for lack of institutional control. Hello..... Big Ten we'll be in your backyard kid.

Hammer meet nail Paulie.

In an interesting aside, Hawaii has announced it's intention to move to the MWC.

yeah breaking news and everything on TV @ 7 when they made the announcment..... BIG news for UH but only in football they are looking to get into....

but guys seriously this guy would be a moron to come here.... #1 UH's offense isn't really TE friendly # 2 coming from places like nebraska and our facilities to UH it will be total joke.... the campus looks like an old Soviet Gulag complete with starving animals, desperate people and the like... its a real bummer actually

I am thinking that this guy should be one of the top 2 or 3 priorities for the staff now. After reading in the paper this morrning that Ryan Hill is ending his football career due to concussions that leaves NU with only two scholly TE's that are worth anything. There is a large gaping hole after Kyler and Ben. NU needs a TE now in this class without a doubt and Mr. Bryant should be that TE.

I am thinking that this guy should be one of the top 2 or 3 priorities for the staff now. After reading in the paper this morrning that Ryan Hill is ending his football career due to concussions that leaves NU with only two scholly TE's that are worth anything. There is a large gaping hole after Kyler and Ben. NU needs a TE now in this class without a doubt and Mr. Bryant should be that TE.

We will be fine, according to some HB posters, Cody Green will be moved to TE. Therefore we will be good to go. :corndance

:sarcasm

I think the staff puts the pedal down on a good JUCO TE if there is one to be had... We need someone in the system yesterday. Or maybe a December grad...

New Scout article says it's between Nebraska, Hawaii and North Carolina.

LINK

Nothing like fading into oblivion out in Hawaii. Better hope they make him a WR as I don't believe TE is in their vocabulary. Again if family being close and being able to see him play means anything to the kid this is a no brainer. Still waiting on how hard UNC gets slapped by the NCAA for their "lack of institutional control" this last year. Of course if the players say it was their dads that did it and they knew "nothing" I guess the NCAA turns a deaf ear to the whole thing.

New Scout article says it's between Nebraska, Hawaii and North Carolina.

LINK

Nothing like fading into oblivion out in Hawaii. Better hope they make him a WR as I don't believe TE is in their vocabulary. Again if family being close and being able to see him play means anything to the kid this is a no brainer. Still waiting on how hard UNC gets slapped by the NCAA for their "lack of institutional control" this last year. Of course if the players say it was their dads that did it and they knew "nothing" I guess the NCAA turns a deaf ear to the whole thing.

hawaii better be offering something special cause from going from Nebraska to hawaii must have been a reall wake up call.. rusty ghetto stadium crappy crappy CRAPPY facilites, ghetto dirty patch practice field and the like... but then again the head coach is my next door neighbor... maybe i should just go ask him

i dont think he will pick UH