Phil Steele's Weekly Prediction

Husker Z

Hope his outcome is right, hope it's not as close as he thinks, I don't like close games.

Phil Steele Is A God

While I understand what you're saying, the bolded part makes me laugh. Did anybody really enjoy the UL-Lafayette (55-0 W) game better than the VT (16-15 L), OU (10-7 W), or UT (13-12 L) games? I LOVE close games - it's the reason I watch CFB.

While those games are fun. The game I had the most fun watching was the Bowl game. I was able to relax after the 1st quarter and just watch a masterpiece unfold.

Hope his outcome is right, hope it's not as close as he thinks, I don't like close games.

Phil Steele Is A God

While I understand what you're saying, the bolded part makes me laugh. Did anybody really enjoy the UL-Lafayette (55-0 W) game better than the VT (16-15 L), OU (10-7 W), or UT (13-12 L) games? I LOVE close games - it's the reason I watch CFB.

While those games are fun. The game I had the most fun watching was the Bowl game. I was able to relax after the 1st quarter and just watch a masterpiece unfold.

:yeah the larger the spread the happier I'm

I agree with the both of you but I rather see Nebraska dominate for all 4 quarters like they did in the Holiday Bowl. Close games are nice but they can get scary and I tend to yell more :lol:

Phil Steele Is A God

:yeah the larger the spread the happier I'm

I guess I'm a bit different then. I can rewatch the exciting games over and over even if we lost. The 1994 Orange Bowl isn't any less exciting than the 1995 one even though we lost the first and won the second. Now the feeling of euphoria after the win of the title was one of the best moments in my life, but the games themselves are equally good when I watch them now. That's just me, I guess.

Part about Phil Steele's predictions I like most this week though? UT losing to TTech by 1...

Not me, I want UT undefeated when they come to Lincoln.

As nice as that sounds (and it really does), I'm hoping for a 1 loss Texas. If Texas is undefeated, then they beat Oklahoma, and in that case they win the South tiebreaker (assuming both don't have a wtf game).

And as great as it would be to have an opportunity to beat Texas twice, I would much rather play an undefeated Oklahoma against an undefeated Nebraska for the Big 12 championship that has NC implications. :koolaid2: